E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dinan Cold Air Intake Being Installed Today

04-10-2011, 12:31 AM   #111
335xiRacer77
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

http://www.galleygraphics.com/

carbon fiber look without the price.. Hydrographic printing...
Engine covers, intake, wheels, anything and everything... tell them Zach sent you
      04-10-2011, 12:35 AM   #112
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

1,100? Fack!!! That shit better suck me or fuck me! :rollseyes:
      04-10-2011, 02:07 AM   #113
UFhypz335
allocation hunting g80/911 GTS
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M2 /'08 E92 335i 6MT(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
Its Carbon fiber, so you know its going to cost more than a plastic unit. I don't think they can honestly sell it for $500 and make any profit at all.
sooo unbelievably brainwashed
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 02:09 AM   #114
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xiRacer77 View Post
http://www.galleygraphics.com/

carbon fiber look without the price.. Hydrographic printing...
Engine covers, intake, wheels, anything and everything... tell them Zach sent you
Wow, interesting! Now the big question: What or how good is the surface quality? How damage resistant is it really?

How much does it cost? Mind you, you still have to buy the intake or whatever it is you want to print. Sorry I am unconvinced.
      04-10-2011, 02:37 AM   #115
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFhypz335 View Post
sooo unbelievably brainwashed
By whom? If I go buy a designer suit, that costs $$$$ (yes I have done that too..) do you consider me brainwashed? If you buy a BMW instead of a Toyota do you consider yourself brainwashed by BMW? I have both and don't have to ask your permission or explain myself but I have reasons that make sense to me, and they are all wants not needs. The Toyota is DD, the BMW is pleasure toy. Mod, drive for fun or whatever. Do I NEED it? NO, but I want it.

So if I decide to slap on a $2000 CAI on it, am I stupid, brainwashed or anything? What's the difference between me wanting said CAI and the guy who buys some very expensive rims? I have a set of 313 wheels too, so I suppose I am even more brainwashed? I don't get it what you guys don't understand about people valuing and buying crap you wouldn't even consider. Grow up man, its the way of the world. I did pay about $800 for that intake and have never had a regret. People buy $2 Million art pieces, and no its not an investment. How about a Ferrari? I wouldn't buy one even if I could afford one. You on the other hand might? That doesn't make you brainwashed, its just a choice.

Now I get you hate Dinan, and therefore you are apt to make such ignorant statements when it comes to their stuff. Its a choice dude, learn that and maybe you might see the point. I did also buy bunch of tunes including Dinan 1 and & 2 which I discarded. I derived pleasure from tuning my car. I hate their tune honestly, but I am not going to call anyone who buys their warrantied tune brainwashed.

Its Not your money; you get no say whatsoever! My money; I can throw it in the lake if I so wish. You don't like it? Off my soapbox now

Last edited by vase330; 04-10-2011 at 02:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #116
MKE_M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

I don't think anyone's brought it up, but to knowledgable (read brainwashed if it floats your boat) bmw enthusiasts, Dinan is the only tuner that won't kill your resale value if you leave the stuff installed. Properly set-up Dinan mods may actually increase the resale value. I would bet big $$$ that a S2 Dinan 335i, even if slower, would get a LOT higher resale than someone with cat delete (not even street legal!!!), piggy back tune, KW3 suspension, whatever.

I personally went with Dinan shocks and springs because I like their ride/handling trade off and I got them for 25% off which made them very price competitive. I don't have any other Dinan stuff installed. If I was planning on selling my car soon or expected a good return on investment, Dinan may actually have been better.
      04-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #117
skim7x
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemetry View Post
I don't think anyone's brought it up, but to knowledgable (read brainwashed if it floats your boat) bmw enthusiasts, Dinan is the only tuner that won't kill your resale value if you leave the stuff installed. Properly set-up Dinan mods may actually increase the resale value. I would bet big $$$ that a S2 Dinan 335i, even if slower, would get a LOT higher resale than someone with cat delete (not even street legal!!!), piggy back tune, KW3 suspension, whatever.

I personally went with Dinan shocks and springs because I like their ride/handling trade off and I got them for 25% off which made them very price competitive. I don't have any other Dinan stuff installed. If I was planning on selling my car soon or expected a good return on investment, Dinan may actually have been better.
^I can see the reasoning behind this, and I wish it were so... but I've read a few cases right here on this forum where owners of this exact Dinan CAI were told by their stealerships that the car would be worth more if they put the stock airbox in place of the Dinan CAI...

Of course, that's the stealership, so maybe it's worth more to them with only the stock airbox, but if you could find the right buyer, maybe you're right, the Dinan CAI would increase the value of the car.

COBB ProTuned | AMS | CP-e | BMS | Quaife
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #118
UFhypz335
United_States
Rep

Quote:
By whom? If I go buy a designer suit, that costs $$$$ (yes I have done that too..) do you consider me brainwashed? If you buy a BMW instead of a Toyota do you consider yourself brainwashed by BMW? I have both and don't have to ask your permission or explain myself but I have reasons that make sense to me, and they are all wants not needs. The Toyota is DD, the BMW is pleasure toy. Mod, drive for fun or whatever. Do I NEED it? NO, but I want it.

So if I decide to slap on a $2000 CAI on it, am I stupid, brainwashed or anything? What's the difference between me wanting said CAI and the guy who buys some very expensive rims? I have a set of 313 wheels too, so I suppose I am even more brainwashed? I don't get it what you guys don't understand about people valuing and buying crap you wouldn't even consider. Grow up man, its the way of the world. I did pay about $800 for that intake and have never had a regret. People buy $2 Million art pieces, and no its not an investment. How about a Ferrari? I wouldn't buy one even if I could afford one. You on the other hand might? That doesn't make you brainwashed, its just a choice.

Now I get you hate Dinan, and therefore you are apt to make such ignorant statements when it comes to their stuff. Its a choice dude, learn that and maybe you might see the point. I did also buy bunch of tunes including Dinan 1 and & 2 which I discarded. I derived pleasure from tuning my car. I hate their tune honestly, but I am not going to call anyone who buys their warrantied tune brainwashed.

Its Not your money; you get no say whatsoever! My money; I can throw it in the lake if I so wish. You don't like it? Off my soapbox now
Did you even read what I quoted from your last post? You tried to say that it would be impossible for Dinan to sell the CAI for any cheaper because they wouldn't make any money on it. This is so beyond false it is not even funny. The money it costs for them to create these intakes is nowhere near the price they are charging for it, fact. Now if maybe you brushed up on your reading comprehension skills and stopped blindly defending your four figure intake purchase you could have known this.

But hey man, keep paying out your ass and believing your getting a good deal, doesn't bother me at all. The world needs suckers and blind believers like you, helps driver consumerism and stimulates our economy. Thanks for your business.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 10:53 AM   #119
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Quote:

And a very good soap box it was - I am 150% behind you on this, very good statements and arguements.

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #120
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemetry View Post
I don't have any other Dinan stuff installed. If I was planning on selling my car soon or expected a good return on investment, Dinan may actually have been better.
I took my car the same dealer that did all the Dinan work for a trade in price on a M3. I had the Stage 2, and stage 3 suspension. The car is pristine, not a scratch.

I was getting NO premium for having the Dinan installed. The dealer said they would have to replace my non-rfts with rfts to sell it with CPO. I basically got NOTHING for the Dinan upgrades I had put in... which was 2k for the Stage 2 and 6k (all in with taxes) for the Stage 3 suspension mods.

Dealer said that the car may be harder to sell because people will think it would be flogged.

Anyway, that was what my experience.... 7k down the drain - at the dealer

If I try resale privately, maybe I would get something.

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #121
ciomas
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETS Michael View Post
If someone does this.... please let me know!
Im up for it lets make a weekend out of it ! :P
      04-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #122
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep

My feeling is you mod a car not to gain any re-sale value, but to enjoy it. I would only mod a car I intend to keep for a long time, such as my 335i. I never intended to sell it until I was dead tired of it, and it had depreciated to almost zero.
      04-12-2011, 12:25 AM   #123
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
^I can see the reasoning behind this, and I wish it were so... but I've read a few cases right here on this forum where owners of this exact Dinan CAI were told by their stealerships that the car would be worth more if they put the stock airbox in place of the Dinan CAI...

Of course, that's the stealership, so maybe it's worth more to them with only the stock airbox, but if you could find the right buyer, maybe you're right, the Dinan CAI would increase the value of the car.
Which is BS actually on the dealer side. The reason they say that cause the car would not qualify for CPO in order to resell it.

So instead of them spending more money to remove the Dinan mods they want the owner to reverse everything back to stock that way the car can be CPO qualified and then they can give you more money under the BMW guidelines.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 12:37 AM   #124
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did you even read what I quoted from your last post? You tried to say that it would be impossible for Dinan to sell the CAI for any cheaper because they wouldn't make any money on it. This is so beyond false it is not even funny. The money it costs for them to create these intakes is nowhere near the price they are charging for it, fact. Now if maybe you brushed up on your reading comprehension skills and stopped blindly defending your four figure intake purchase you could have known this.

But hey man, keep paying out your ass and believing your getting a good deal, doesn't bother me at all. The world needs suckers and blind believers like you, helps driver consumerism and stimulates our economy. Thanks for your business.
First of all, do you know what the Dinan cost is to have a "complete" CAI made for the 335i ? More than likely not, you have no idea, and are leading youself with conjecture in the matter.

Is the Dinan CAI for teh 335i the most expensive "complete" CAI out there ? Nope

http://www.beastpower.com/p/bmw/grup...n/GM-BE335-CAI

http://www.335ishop.com/335i/aFe-Col...7-10-p-77.html

Because it is carbon fiber is why it is so expensive.

So what type of phone do you own ? I can tell you what your cell phone carrier paid for it and we will see how much of a sucker you paid for it.

We ALL are victims of being suckered in paying high prices for things. All the people who bought the new iPad 2 were they suckered ?

Come on man, wake up to reality, you are being suckered to.

Edit: Non-broken english fixed..............

Last edited by BQTuning; 04-12-2011 at 06:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 01:22 AM   #125
UFhypz335
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
First of all do you know what the Dinan cost is to have the "complete" CAI made for the 335i ? More than likely no, you have no idea, and are leading youself with conjecture in the matter.

I Dinan the most expensive "complete" CAI out there ? Nope

http://www.beastpower.com/p/bmw/grup...n/GM-BE335-CAI

http://www.335ishop.com/335i/aFe-Col...7-10-p-77.html

Because it is carbon fiber is why it is so expensive.

So what type of phone do own amd I can tell you what your cell phone carrier paid for it and we will see how much of a sucker you paid for it.

We ALL are victims of being suckered in paying high prices for this. All the people who bought the new iPad 2 were really suckered ?

Comon man, wake up to reality, you are being suckered to.

Speak in proper, non-broken English next time you try to make a point.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 06:47 AM   #126
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Speak in proper, non-broken English next time you try to make a point.
Non-Broken english fixed...thanks
Appreciate 0