E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Good Dealer Experience

01-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

Good Dealer Experience

Well the case on next car for wife has to a close but nearly ended up sour.

We settled for a new 2012 Blass new shape (200 CDI). With them being on a 6month + wait opted to look second hand. Slight price to pay on loosing few options really wanted but since the old one needed lot of service work it had to go asap.

Settled for a nice Blue 200DCI Auto Sport. Nice toys included and only missing would have been adaptive lights, rear armrest and flat load floor.

With there only being two available in entire stock of merc aproved price was hard to budge but still managed to part ex mine fro decent amount.

Went to pick up the car which had been nicely prepped. Two alloys restored to factory (not local repair obvious as they where machine polished) but to my horror the rear window with factory tints had about 5 -6 huge scratches in it. Basically some Muppet gauged the glass probably when clearing the ice. Something that wasn't there when we test drove it.

You might thing not a biggie but looked horrible. Pointed it out to the salesman who got the sales director to approve a new rear window. No hassle, apologies and all sorted just awaiting the glass. The cost is £600 so ouch but at least will end up with a brand new looking car as the rest is immaculate not a mark on it.

A fresh change but credit to Mercedes in Guildford.

B200CDI - 7speed DCT auto (9 months old)
Sport
18" Wheels,
BiXenons,
Bluetooth and Media USB/IPOD buillt in Reversing Camera
Heated Seats with Full Artico Leather (not real perfect for kids)
and few other bits

Interesting things you learn with this one as long as the car is serviced on time with Mercedes it has full breakdown service up to 30 years. No big deal but with European cover being quite expensive a nice compromise to get serviced at dealer at slightly higher cost.

Overall a success and only £100 to tax which saves £70 on old car and mpg should be far better
      01-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
Sportplus
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 318i M Sport E91

Congrats on the new car,

Slightly off topic, The Sport Plus E91 came with a rear window tint on the outside. I did the same thing and scrapped the ice off and scratched the tint

Last edited by Sportplus; 01-25-2013 at 11:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Nice one, looks great. I like the new A Class too.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
quattrogmbh
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Only praise for Mercedes Guildford here too.

I bought from Leeroy and he was top notch.

I'd say the manmade artico leather would be perfect for kids. wipeclean for starters.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 02:58 AM   #5
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

met Leeroy when I was doing my test drive as our sales guy was on leave that day.

Personal dealt with John and amazing service