E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Detailed 2008 Range Rover!

06-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Detailed 2008 Range Rover!

Whats up guys?!

You may remember me asking a ton of detailing questions a couple of weeks ago, well I took the plunge and bought myself a ton of stuff (pads, polish, sealant, buffer). I detailed/paint corrected a family member's Rover and the results, IMO, are pretty damn good. The whole SUV from before was pretty bad (swirls, scratches, and just dull-looking paint). I took my time and detailed the whole thing.

I washed the car using Meguiars gold class wash, followed by Mothers California clay, then I used wolfgang total swirl remover on an orange LC pad, followed by wolfgang finishing glaze on a white LC pad, and then blackfire wet diamond paint sealant on a blue LC pad.

I completely forgot to take a ton of before pictures, but I show one side and thats how most of the car was. It took me a while (approx: 7-8 hours) but the finished product was worth it.

I took a video so watch it and let me know what you think! Sorry the lighting was pretty bad (I should probably pickup a halogen light or something) lol

Enjoy!

Last edited by reeltime; 06-11-2013 at 06:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90

Nice! You should get some sun shots though. Any car looks good in a garage. If I were you, I would wait 24 hours before driving it to give the BFWD the required cure time and apply a second coat of it. This will improve the durability drastically. I hope you shook the bottle for a good 2 minutes consistently. I get great results with the Wolfgang twins and those pad combinations.
      06-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otruba_843
Nice! You should get some sun shots though. Any car looks good in a garage. If I were you, I would wait 24 hours before driving it to give the BFWD the required cure time and apply a second coat of it. This will improve the durability drastically. I hope you shook the bottle for a good 2 minutes consistently. I get great results with the Wolfgang twins and those pad combinations.
Thanks! I wish I had gotten some sun shots. It was raining around the time i did it and there wasn't much sun. I shook each bottle for about 2 minutes. Ill give it another coat of BFWD next time I wash it. I'm gonna do my car next so ill make sure I get proper before and after and sun shots!

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

It looked like everything worked out for you. The Wolfgang Twins are very user friendly. Aren't you glad you went with it? Did you stay within your budget???
      06-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92driva View Post
Thanks! I wish I had gotten some sun shots. It was raining around the time i did it and there wasn't much sun. I shook each bottle for about 2 minutes. Ill give it another coat of BFWD next time I wash it. I'm gonna do my car next so ill make sure I get proper before and after and sun shots!
Sounds good. Just making sure you shook it good because there was a guy on a detailing forum that shook the bottle for 5 seconds then posted beading pictures and was about to sell it. He just wasted a bunch of product. Sadly on an un-clayed surface on a garage kept car, I only got 7-8 weeks out of BFWD.
      06-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #6
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
It looked like everything worked out for you. The Wolfgang Twins are very user friendly. Aren't you glad you went with it? Did you stay within your budget???
Im very glad I picked those! Yeah, i ended up paying around $240 for everything which wasn't bad at all considering what I got. Thanks for the tips brotha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otruba_843 View Post
Sounds good. Just making sure you shook it good because there was a guy on a detailing forum that shook the bottle for 5 seconds then posted beading pictures and was about to sell it. He just wasted a bunch of product. Sadly on an un-clayed surface on a garage kept car, I only got 7-8 weeks out of BFWD.
I made sure I shook it pretty good. All the videos I watched said make sure you shake well, so i made sure of it. Really? The back says 4-6 months, 7-8 weeks is pretty bad haha. Do you recommend any other sealant? I mean BFWD looks great but if it doesn't last long, i'm bound to change it up.

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Im very glad I picked those! Yeah, i ended up paying around $240 for everything which wasn't bad at all considering what I got. Thanks for the tips brotha!!

I made sure I shook it pretty good. All the videos I watched said make sure you shake well, so i made sure of it. Really? The back says 4-6 months, 7-8 weeks is pretty bad haha. Do you recommend any other sealant? I mean BFWD looks great but if it doesn't last long, i'm bound to change it up.
Menzerna Powerlock is better and cheaper but im more of a wax guy. I can't wait to try my new Zymol Glasur.
      06-11-2013, 08:34 PM   #8
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otruba_843
Quote:

Menzerna Powerlock is better and cheaper but im more of a wax guy. I can't wait to try my new Zymol Glasur.
Ill look into that sealant, thanks!

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 01:04 AM   #9
MoTastic_2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Man

im looking at detailing one of my cars with the wolfgang twins soon so i am impressed already with the results you got!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #10
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoTastic_2
im looking at detailing one of my cars with the wolfgang twins soon so i am impressed already with the results you got!
You'll love the results. I was amazed (probably also because it was my first detail) at how much it corrected. Ill probably be sticking with the Wolfgang twins for my compound and polish.

Appreciate 0