E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > BRAKE and "Car On Lift" Lights ON/OFF/ON/OFF/ON/OFF ??

09-30-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
jmd_forest
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

BRAKE and "Car On Lift" Lights ON/OFF/ON/OFF/ON/OFF ??

2008 328xi is not under warranty so dealer is not an option.

The front tire rubbed through the brake pad sensor wire setting off the BRAKE and "CAR ON LIFT" light on the dash. I replaced the sensor and tried clearing the fault using the Bavarian Technics setup. The fault would not clear until I reset the CBS item for the front brakes and then I could clear the fault. Lights went out and all was good ... ALMOST.

The BRAKE and "Car On LIft" lights seem to come on about 50% of the time when running the car (usually but not always at startup) but go out after running a few minutes. No fault is recorded.

WTF! Evidently I'm missing something in clearing the fault or I need to press the stalk 4 times while the door is open for at least 30 seconds while picking my nose and bouncing on the seat twice to REALLY clear the fault.

Any ideas?

jmd_forest
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 07:21 AM   #2
jmd_forest
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

I reset the fron brake CBS using the dash and stalk controls and it seems to have worked but I'm a little hesitant to declare complete success untill the light stays off for a couple of days.

I guess I'll have to contact BT about bugs in their software.

If the lights return, i'll repost.

jmd_forest
Appreciate 0