E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > WTB: OEM MUFFLER TIPS off BMW Performance Exhaust 335i

11-07-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
WTB: OEM MUFFLER TIPS off BMW Performance Exhaust 335i

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Let me know if you have a set looking to buy asap.

JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
bumpp
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
jzepeda
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 Dinan Stage 2

Dr.G just curious why? are you putting them on the stock exhaust? why not aftermarket?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzepeda View Post
Dr.G just curious why? are you putting them on the stock exhaust? why not aftermarket?
Everyone says changing the tips on the PE changes the sound. I wanted to do a quad exhaust so I thought I would buy 2 more OEM PE tips and have a shop custom fab my setup into quads using 4 OEM PE tips.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
Dackz
Hates Speed Limits
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Check your PM
      11-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
jzepeda
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 Dinan Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
Everyone says changing the tips on the PE changes the sound. I wanted to do a quad exhaust so I thought I would buy 2 more OEM PE tips and have a shop custom fab my setup into quads using 4 OEM PE tips.
oh ok, FWIW I have the PE and swapped the tips to a Disma 4" I honestly could not hear a difference sound exactly the same in and out of the cabin to me. it would be great if you can do a comparison video/audio clip to see if there is a change in audio when going to the quad setup. I do have my original sets but I was holding on to them in case I sold the exhaust and they wanted the stock one on instead.

Thanks,
Jorge
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 10:46 PM   #7
Dackz
Hates Speed Limits
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
oh ok, FWIW I have the PE and swapped the tips to a Disma 4" I honestly could not hear a difference sound exactly the same in and out of the cabin to me. it would be great if you can do a comparison video/audio clip to see if there is a change in audio when going to the quad setup. I do have my original sets but I was holding on to them in case I sold the exhaust and they wanted the stock one on instead.

Thanks,
Jorge
I changed mine out for the stock tips, IMO it made a slight difference, seemed to make it a TAD bit deeper and quieter, but its subjective, I only had the tips on there for a week and then put the stock e92 tips back on. I wanted 3.5" tips exactly like the stock ones but couldnt find anything to work for me. I just like that look, not the single wall straight edge.
      11-21-2011, 02:31 AM   #8
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:

Thanks,
Jorge
Hmm really, a LOT of people on here seem to say that changing the tips really changed the sound, but then there's a couple people like yourself who said they noticed absolutely NO change. Another buddy of mine put single walled titanium quads and said his actually got louder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackz View Post
I changed mine out for the stock tips, IMO it made a slight difference, seemed to make it a TAD bit deeper and quieter, but its subjective, I only had the tips on there for a week and then put the stock e92 tips back on. I wanted 3.5" tips exactly like the stock ones but couldnt find anything to work for me. I just like that look, not the single wall straight edge.
Yeah, the dual wall vs. single wall definitely should have an effect. After some hard driving today I touched the PE tips just to see if they will burn my new CF diffuser and they were SOOOO HOT that they burnt my hand ... and this was in BELOW freezing temps.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #9
e90ish
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1988

I can get new 335i BMW performance tips. Are you still interested?
Appreciate 0