E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > attn: GVA members that came out for iona beach/granville meet

03-09-2009, 12:30 AM   #1
KaOsTiK
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e46 m3

attn: GVA members that came out for iona beach/granville meet

fyi: since the actions of the police were very unprofessional and unnecessary (ie: having us pull over on that severely potholed dirt lot) we ended up filing a complaint against richmond rcmp regarding the entire incident at iona beach.

if any of you wish to leave a statement, PM me your # and i'll pass it on to the sgt. who's representing us. so far kevin, charlie, and i have left (or are leaving) statements.
      03-09-2009, 01:44 AM   #2
335ifanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: Revuelto, Urus Performante, X5

Wow, wtf is up with the Richmond RCMP? Oh wait, they're the RCMP! I never go into Richmond in my cars because I'm always worried about getting pulled over for some stupid sh!t like my oem hids are too bright :/
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 02:43 AM   #3
flyer333
GSS CORP.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90/E93

wut did they do to u guys man?

Don't teach a pig how to read, it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #4
CaptChaos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Grey

Yeah, give us more details. I live in Richmond and have never been pulled over.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #5
KaOsTiK
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer333 View Post
wut did they do to u guys man?
i'll post more details after the whole incident has been dealt with. i don't want the cops coming back and saying that we're angling/influencing ppl's statements.

but just in a general sense, we were treated with a lot of hostility considering we were pulled over for a 'random vehicle compliance' check and we were cooperating fully. we were forced off a paved road and into a very potholed, dirt lot (our cars aren't rally cars and some of us are legally lowered with expensive rims) and certain ppl were singled out and profiled. since the road we were on dead ended into a paved lot, one of the issues was in regards to how aggressive an oncoming squad car pulled into our lane and cut us off and forced us into the dirt lot rather than pulling us over shortly up ahead in one of the paved lots (the street dead ended and we couldn't pull a u-turn to make a run for it even if we wanted to. there was a police suv at the back). One of the female cops, in our opinions, decided she'd like to power-trip a little bit and acted very unprofessionally. the whole situation was poorly handled by the rcmp, especially since we weren't driving recklessly and we were obeying the speed limit.

the person who took my complaint when i went in to meet with him (Sgt. Keith Baltus), seemed to be puzzled by some of the actions of the cops involved...but the cops feel they acted appropriately. so this thing is gonna get escalated a little bit since there were a few other ppl who felt strongly against how the cops treated us...which is why more of us are leaving statements now.
      03-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
604_e90325i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i jet black

bring the whole case to media... the police need some pressure to do stuff right.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #7
perfectg
I pwn u
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 Audi Q5

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
media ftw
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #8
wayway409
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

totally agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604_e90325i View Post
bring the whole case to media... the police need some pressure to do stuff right.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #9
KaOsTiK
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
here's my thoughts...
i'm really not out to screw anyone over. but the cops do need to acknowledge when they fuck up...because they are up our asses when they have issues with us. it annoys me when cops screw up and then cover up for themselves (ie: the airport-tasing incident). all i'm looking to gain out of this is for the cops to own up to their mistakes and apologize. i don't even think this issue is big enough to bring to the media...although i have a couple friends that work at global.

really, i wasn't expecting this to escalate to this stage. when i went in to speak with Sgt. Baltus, he gave me two options...either we can come to a mutual agreement to resolve this issue or we can escalate it and have a review committee investigate it. i felt that it was unnecessary to bring this complaint to the review committee since the officers involved will, hopefully, feel guilty for acting unprofessionally and own up to their mistake and just apologize. unfortunately, the cops (especially the female) feel they acted accordingly (if some of you remember the argument she and i had in front of her suv...u'll shake ur head in disgust). so after Sgt. Baltus got back to me, he gave me an option to escalate the complaint; the only option would be to drop it. i'm not someone who likes wasting tax payers dollars (i know..i'm brown and some of you will find this extremely odd )..but seriously, cops need to be accountable for their actions, just as they hold us accountable for our own.
      03-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #10
perfectg
I pwn u
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 Audi Q5

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
you drop it and nothing will come of it. the police investigate themselves. RCMP dont feel guilty, and probably wont care.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #11
ehhhwik
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 09' BMW 335d, 07' BMW E92 328i

IMHO, i dont think the RCMP will really care, they have an internal department for compliants that does the investigation, how mutual and unbiased can their judgement be? The most serious of incidences in regards to police acting unaccordingly, they will just get leave WITH pay (which i think is a pile of crap)

but yea, i think we should still bring to the cops accountable to their actions, I was there, but wasn't harassed in anyway, so it doesnt really matter for me either way...

Retired: 07' E92 328i (Jet Black)
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #12
KaOsTiK
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhwik View Post
IMHO, i dont think the RCMP will really care, they have an internal department for compliants that does the investigation, how mutual and unbiased can their judgement be? The most serious of incidences in regards to police acting unaccordingly, they will just get leave WITH pay (which i think is a pile of crap)

but yea, i think we should still bring to the cops accountable to their actions, I was there, but wasn't harassed in anyway, so it doesnt really matter for me either way...
i don't think they'll get any sort of leave..but they will be forced to be take a seminar on appropriate behavior (something along that lines) or perhaps a public relations course...but you are right in seeing that there could be bias in their judgment. usually the media/public complaints division are staffed by veteran officers who are fair minded, but ya never know. the thing that annoys me is that either way, we're somewhat wasting tax payers' dollars a little bit here...but on the other side the cops need to be held accountable and it's good experience for us in learning how their system really works and how to deal with them.
      03-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #13
ehhhwik
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 09' BMW 335d, 07' BMW E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaOsTiK View Post
i don't think they'll get any sort of leave..but they will be forced to be take a seminar on appropriate behavior (something along that lines) or perhaps a public relations course...but you are right in seeing that there could be bias in their judgment. usually the media/public complaints division are staffed by veteran officers who have are fair minded, but ya never know. the thing that annoys me is that either way, we're somewhat wasting tax payers' dollars a little bit here...but on the other side the cops need to be held accountable and it's good experience for us in learning how their system really works and how to deal with them.
this is a bit OT, but since we are on the topic of using taxpayers (I am one of them BTW) money, there was a news story today about the city of Vancouver trying to set up a "community garden" on the front lawn of city hall on 12th ave and cambie, where people can grow turnips and veggies on the front lawn of city hall, so that homeless people can grow veggies themselves and rely on themselves to feed themselves and to grow public awareness in the new mayor's "Green Initiative"

if that ever goes through, wouldn't that be even a greater waste of tax payer's money in relative comparison? When tourists come to Vancouver in 2010 for the Winter Games, they will all think we are a bunch of useless peasants and farmers putting a bloody public garden full of cabbage, lettuce, bak choy, gai lan and free range chickens running around infront of our front lawn of our city hall

link the news story:
http://www.vancouversun.com/Travel/V...789/story.html

so in retrospect, either way, there will be tax payer's money "wasted" whether we like it or not thru other stupid inititives that the government and politicans come up with, so we might as well use it wisely so our voices can be heard

my $0.02 and rant about spending tax payers money

Retired: 07' E92 328i (Jet Black)
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #14
tyuen
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E90 328

Hey KaOsTiK,

Great to hear you are doing something about that kind of unfair treatment.

Thumbs up!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #15
ho_grayson
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

totally agreed!

like the poor polish guy died in van airport; without media and public pressure, we would never know the truth. sadly the four rcmp refused to apologia victim family and maintain they followed protocol.

in taiwan, somebody have to be fired.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #16
CaptChaos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Grey

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 07:46 PM   #17
tin313
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335xi, AW

even though i was not at the iona beach incident, i do feel that the RCMP must take a good look at themselves and see that they are not dictators. to me, the feeling i get from them is that "driving a bmw is a crime". i get pulled over all the time in richmond only because i am driving a white bmw. good luck KaOsTiK.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 08:16 PM   #18
flyer333
GSS CORP.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90/E93

ya i agree last time i got pulled over in richmond.. they RCMP officers were being very rude and i didnt even break the law... jeeez

Don't teach a pig how to read, it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 08:34 PM   #19
I3aby
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Good luck!!
I have the same feeling as well
let us know how it goes
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #20
hj058
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 335i

thumbs up for bring this incident to file a complaint...i strongly believe that some rcmp officers needs to be re-educated to become more professionalism. I have talk with officers who act very professional and show respect talk in good manner, however there are some that is totally opposite. I hope RCMP can definitly resolve this issue and educate the officers more
      12-10-2009, 06:06 PM   #21
snipersix
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Retired 2017 F87 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
i just got a call today about this incident.
2017 M2 Coupe:|Black Sapphire Metallic|DCT|Nav/Idrive|M Performance CF Spoiler|M Performance CF DCT Interior| M Performance Gloss Black Kidney Grills| M Performance Steel Pedals | Eventuri CF CAI | 19" Brixton Rims | KW V3 Clubsport |
Retired: |2008 328i Sedan|Montego Blue|
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 03:51 AM   #22
m-technik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335, E36 Ti, Porsche 986

This isn’t the first time I’ve seen people post threads about cops giving them the "shakedown" when all that was happening was a bunch of car enthusiast were getting together for some pics and conversations. What did they think? A bunch of guys in flashy modded cars were gonna go and do some illegal street racing? I'm starting to think that the RCMP uses the "Fast & The Furious" series as police training videos on how to catch badass street racers....Maybe one of you guys looked a little too much like Vin Diesel.
Appreciate 0