E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Worst week with bmw service

03-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
ano0oj
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 AWD, '23 Macan S

Worst week with bmw service

ohhhh momentum houston, how you continue to surprise me...
So I had my car come in to the dealership about squeaky brakes and hopefully getting the new CIC software thing figured out.
Tues Morning - Saturday, didn't hear a thing from the dealership so I called them Saturday, and JUST BECAUSE my SR wasn't there, they couldn't give me any updates on my car, so they asked me to call in Monday morning.
I call again Monday(yesterday) morning, now he's telling me the cars not ready, which leads me to assume they really didn't spend much time with it, and not to mention its a PITA to get in touch with any reps. So i called in a final time and asked for the service director, he got things moving after a few, pretty vocal complaints and I got a call this morning that my car was ready
YESS!!! Turns out they replaced my HPFP as well.

No. The CIC software was never addressed as bmw doesn't have a fix for it yet, and a mile after I pull out of the dealership...

"REDUCED POWER"
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
E90Graphite07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

Been there, done that... especially through Momentum SW...TWICE!

Join us on Facebook:
E90Post - Houston
Houston BMW DIY Services
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
WWONG
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 xDrive35d

At least you got through. Every time I call in, the lady asks how to direct my call, then apparently directs my call to a phone in the middle of the desert.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
rgpwr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08.M6

I'm going through the same thing right now. Made an appt for last Friday morning(appt made a week before) for a sirius module replacement (under warranty). They had all day Friday, all day Saturday, all day Monday. I get a call Monday afternoon saying it should be ready Tuesday afternoon. I get a call today (Tuesday) saying it should be ready Wednesday afternoon. They've had it almost a week now, and they wouldn't even give me a loaner. Truly sad...
      03-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
WWONG
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 xDrive35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgpwr View Post
I'm going through the same thing right now. Made an appt for last Friday morning(appt made a week before) for a sirius module replacement (under warranty). They had all day Friday, all day Saturday, all day Monday. I get a call Monday afternoon saying it should be ready Tuesday afternoon. I get a call today (Tuesday) saying it should be ready Wednesday afternoon. They've had it almost a week now, and they wouldn't even give me a loaner. Truly sad...
Well loaners are hit and miss. You usually are required to reserve one while making an appt. My HPFP randomly failed nearby and I stopped by. They gave me a loaner and my car was fixed up over the weekend.

As for the Sirius module, they probably had to wait for it to come in. They need to confirm it's screwed before ordering it so even if you set your appt. a month before, it wouldn't affect the process.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
rgpwr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08.M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWONG View Post
Well loaners are hit and miss. You usually are required to reserve one while making an appt. My HPFP randomly failed nearby and I stopped by. They gave me a loaner and my car was fixed up over the weekend.

As for the Sirius module, they probably had to wait for it to come in. They need to confirm it's screwed before ordering it so even if you set your appt. a month before, it wouldn't affect the process.
You sound just like an SA lol. No, my advisor told me on Monday that they didn't have time to look at it Friday or Saturday, and that they just got to it. Today they did the module, and tomorrow they're going to reprogram. I don't even care about the loaner (I have an extra vehicle), but the offer should have been there if they were going to have my car a week.
      03-15-2011, 07:01 PM   #7
Beyer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2010 VW GTI  [0.00]
Sucks!
Appreciate 0