E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW E92 Angel Eyes HID Xenon Advice

02-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #1
deeebo8452
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 325d N57

BMW E92 Angel Eyes HID Xenon Advice

Hello, I recently bought an E92 320d M Sport 2007 and wanted some advice regarding the Angel Eyes.

I believe my car has Bi Xenon headlamps however I have noticed that the angel eye rings are not that bright and seem to look yellowish - does this mean they are running of halogen bulbs? What do I need to fit in order to obtain bright white rings? Do I just need the bulbs as opposed to the kit right? As I understand HID and Xenons are the same thing, therefore whats the different between HID vs LED and which would you recommend? Do the headlamps and angel eye rings run off the same bulb? And where do you recommend I look to purchase the new bulbs and whats the approx cost and can I fit them myself? Also to obtain a bright finish on the fog lamps can hid's be fitted there aswel?

Sorry a lot of questions there but basically would just like some overall advice on the lights. Thanks in advance as always
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP / R56 JCW

For the rings you need to use an LED kit to get 'white' colour rings. Wouldn't recommend using HID kit for the rings as it has been known to get too hot and yellow up the actual ring over time.

Use something like this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H8-20W-CRE...item3f1d29338b

Dont expect it to be ultra bright during the day, they never will be. I have them fitted at the moment and they are ok to be honest. The best ones would be LUX V3 LED kit but then your looking at approx £180.
      02-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #3
deeebo8452
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 325d N57

Thanks for that mate. I noticed on ebay the 5w version is around £30 but I would imagine this is no where near as bright as the 20w that you are referring to.

On some cars you can see a coloured tint (e.g. blue), that comes from the actual headlight right? That is connected to a different bulb to the angel eye rings right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafik View Post
For the rings you need to use an LED kit to get 'white' colour rings. Wouldn't recommend using HID kit for the rings as it has been known to get too hot and yellow up the actual ring over time.

Use something like this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H8-20W-CRE...item3f1d29338b

Dont expect it to be ultra bright during the day, they never will be. I have them fitted at the moment and they are ok to be honest. The best ones would be LUX V3 LED kit but then your looking at approx £180.
Appreciate 0