E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > AR Design 4" Catless or ICARBON 4" Catless

03-26-2011, 03:55 AM   #1
BMW_B3AST
Just skipping along
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' E93 M3

AR Design 4" Catless or ICARBON 4" Catless

Decided this is going to be my next little mod .... Which should i get..?

AR Design =
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432100

ICarbon Catless =
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455012

Did a little research but really can't find dyno's for the ar dp's ... So some suggestions would be appreciated.

Also in store for an exhaust a long with the down pipes.... Some suggestons on that..? Price Range is around 2000 +/-!

I like something like this..

http://gthaus.com/ehprice.php?selMak...&Submit=Submit

What do you guy's think...?

Thanks in Advance!
- Allan

Update:

Apart from "CEB" with his comments thanks to everyone for the info i ended up ordring Vishnu DP 3.5". Can't wait, will post new video's once installed.

Last edited by BMW_B3AST; 04-02-2011 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
Juiced46
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 Turbo Cobra, 2011 335xi

Go with the 3.5" Vishnu DP instead of a 4" AR. The 3.5" is better suited for the turbo on this car.

For exhaust, the Vanguard is a good choice @ that price

BTW- you should have posted this in the Forced induction forum
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Why do this mod?

Any gains are going to be academic, it is bad for the environment, illegal and you'll have warranty and state emission problems.

Spend the money on a driving course. That'll make you a better, safer (and if it is what you're looking for) a "faster" driver.

A driving school will "add" more horsepower than any of these "lemming" mods. The only downside is that you can't brag about the school like you can about "catless" downpipes, cold air intakes and tunes.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
skiernan36
stick to your guns
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i 2012 Audi Q5 2.0T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post
Why do this mod?

Any gains are going to be academic, it is bad for the environment, illegal and you'll have warranty and state emission problems.

Spend the money on a driving course. That'll make you a better, safer (and if it is what you're looking for) a "faster" driver.

A driving school will "add" more horsepower than any of these "lemming" mods. The only downside is that you can't brag about the school like you can about "catless" downpipes, cold air intakes and tunes.
you're right about drivers schools, but bad for the environment? get off your high horse. if you were so worried about it you'd be driving an electric car, or riding a bike to work. and illegal? not all states have communist emission testing like MD or VA.
      03-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiernan36 View Post
you're right about drivers schools, but bad for the environment? get off your high horse. if you were so worried about it you'd be driving an electric car, or riding a bike to work. and illegal? not all states have communist emission testing like MD or VA.
The requirement for catalytic converters is a Federal requirement. A "catless" car emits 200 times more emissions than a catted car, so the OP's car will spew as many fumes as 200 cars. How the hell do you justify that?

Ohhh, but he gets 3 more horsepower.

This has nothing to do with being on a "high horse" but you do have to look at the ramifications of a proposed mod and weigh that against the advantages. Catless DPs down meet the smell test - literally.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #6
grandmoff
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335i M-Sport 6MT

doesn't iCarbon have catted as well for the environmentally conscious? those are the ones I would get if I got DPs.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #7
BOOST3D
Captain
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 328i 2000,X5 2003,2008 335i

Just ignore ceb and move on with the discussion...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #8
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOST3D View Post
Just ignore ceb and move on with the discussion...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #9
Proper Motion LLC
Custom Powder Coater
Rep
Drives: White 335i Sedan

Quote:
Why do this mod?

03-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #10
e92sport
Captain
Rep
Drives: black e92 sport

Quote:
Why do this mod?

Lmfao!!!!
      03-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #11
forza1976
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW M3X  [10.00]
Go with Ar Design. I was at his shop last week and was looking at the N55 Dp's that were being shipped out. Man the welds were amazing and you know the quality you are getting with Andrew and his products!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #12
BMW_B3AST
Just skipping along
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' E93 M3

thanks for all the suggestions guys! I can push my budget a little a guess and i am considering this:

http://gthaus.com/ehprice.php?selMak...&Submit=Submit

what do you guys think and i wouldn't be getting dp's if i get a full blown exhaust like that!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #13
skim7x
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Ceb speaks truth, but it's not necessarily what the audience on this board gives a shite about... sorry bro... the majority of ppl here don't care about abiding by the law or protecting the environment...

BUT, the people here do:
http://priuschat.com/

check 'em out!

COBB ProTuned | AMS | CP-e | BMS | Quaife
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #14
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
Ceb speaks truth, but it's not necessarily what the audience on this board gives a shite about... sorry bro... the majority of ppl here don't care about abiding by the law or protecting the environment...

BUT, the people here do:

check 'em out!
Of course. This group would rather spend thousands on useless mods they can brag about.

While I'm not a treehugger, the fact that somebody would spend that money for bragging rights while intentionally harming the rest of us is beyond me.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #15
BcuzAWD
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: with E85 on 22psi at 475tq

Quote:
Of course. This group would rather spend thousands on useless mods they can brag about.

While I'm not a treehugger, the fact that somebody would spend that money for bragging rights while intentionally harming the rest of us is beyond me.
Treehugger you are
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #16
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:

if you work for the NHTSA, worry about why the average driver sucks balls and causes accidents for no good reason. I would also like you to propose a statewide mandate for senior citizens to be tested to retain their drivers licenses every 3 years. That might actually help something. I would also like a statewide law keeping people from parking their asses in the fast lane and disrupting the flow of traffic.

==============

on to catless vehicles.

if people here are doing mods for bragging rights, well then you cant help them anyway.

I do mods because of the results I want to achieve and what is necessary to achieve them.

Go visit a local dragstrip for a night, you may have a heartattack at what those *ssh*les are up to.

Last edited by Sniz; 03-26-2011 at 08:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 08:53 PM   #17
Bullet
Major
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiernan36 View Post
Seriously, you drive a 335xi man, if we were all really concerned about mother nature wed drive hybrids, or ride a bike. And this part of the fourm is FOR tuning, or "pointless mods" so why post here?
      03-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #18
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
if you work for the NHTSA, worry about why the average driver sucks balls and causes accidents for no good reason. I would also like you to propose a statewide mandate for senior citizens to be tested to retain their drivers licenses every 3 years. That might actually help something. I would also like a statewide law keeping people from parking their asses in the fast lane and disrupting the flow of traffic.

==============

on to catless vehicles.

if people here are doing mods for bragging rights, well then you cant help them anyway.

I do mods because of the results I want to achieve and what is necessary to achieve them.

Go visit a local dragstrip for a night, you may have a heartattack at what those *ssh*les are up to.
Who says I work for NHTSA?

The OP has no plan. He's only buying catless DPs because they're "cool."

Knock yourselves out. I'm out of this idiotic thread.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #19
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post

BUT, the people here do:

check 'em out!
sorry to go OT, but what a joke ^^^^^^^^^^^

first of all, an electric car may not produce "emissions" itself, but where in the hell do you think electricity comes from, magic unicorns? It comes from coal and natural gas (cue the OH NOES, evil oil and gas companies). So while the prius owner may feel like an environmental badass when driving his car, the emissions do exist, just not on his watch. Not to mention the fact that where these batteries will be disposed of and what the rammifactions of that environmental mess will be has simply been ignored and pushed under the rug.

Get a clue

EDIT : and get off the high horse when talking about "obeying the law". When you never speed, EVER, then come and lecture people about abiding the law. Until then, you are just some guy abiding by the laws you want and ignorning the rest. No different than the rest of us.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #20
Pepe_pr
Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 135i black on black

Is This Thread Necessary?
      03-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #21
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

Quote:
Why do this mod?

you my friend must have a small penis
      03-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #22
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
Yeah, who needs to breathe! Just wait until all the Chinese go without catalytic converters then the whole world can be like LA in the sixties! That's what it is all about! Individual freedom, not individual responsibility!
Quote:
That can only be said by someone who never saw LA in in the mid sixties.
Quote:
Of course you could remember LA in the Sixties, which is why we have all of thise equipment and, inconsequently, performance.

Just a thought on the big picture.
Quote:
LA in the sixties. The very reason the US has emission controls now.

Oh, and a few people with breathing difficulties will die sooner. Nothing major.
Quote:
Well, in the sixties, the hot set up was mono FM with a 6x4 speaker mounted on the dash. Stereo FM and speakers were a dealer installed upgrade even in the early seventies on BMW. Casette decks were the hot media.

Life is so tough today!

Quote:
In the late Sixties and early Seventies (pre 320) every BMW driver flashed his headlights at an oncoming BMW. They were much rarer then and the predominant cars were American junk with big engines, no brakes, solid rear axles, and lifetime of 50K if you were lucky.
We get it, you are stuck in the sixties...