E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Which Settings on Key Fobs?

02-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
Sunstealer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 S4 / 09 G37

Which Settings on Key Fobs?

Does anyone have a good description of which settings are saved on the key fobs (non-CA) and how they are saved? I have read that section in the manual several times, but still do not fully understand. What steps do I need to go through to ensure my settings are saved to my key and my wife's settings are saved to hers? If we change something later, does it automatically save it from then on or do we have to do something special to save it again?

The reason I ask is that my wife drove the car for the first time yesterday and when I got back in tonight, my settings were all gone.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
ctgazer
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: a dilapidated ride

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
you have to use the different keys. your settings will be saved under you key..temp, radio stations, seats, etc....you can set the seat to move when you unlock or when you open the door...