E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Mishimoto Radiator Now Available.

07-18-2014, 11:54 PM   #45
pwr hungry
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDORPHN View Post
I'm also using it. It's a very good piece!

Neil
I'd love to get details on this if you don't mind.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 11:54 PM   #46
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDORPHN View Post
I'm also using it. It's a very good piece!

Neil
Photo and track data log please!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 12:14 AM   #47
stanlalee
Major
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i manual

I don't think people who blow off Chinese manufacturing really get what's going on:

a) the rest of the world actually has to make money by selling their product at a profit. Chinese govt subsidizes home manufacturing to the point they aren't dependent on profits in retail just getting paid by the govt. Welfare at its finest with the purpose of artificially out competing those who have to actually have to have a profit margin.

b) let's say slickster decides to move his American manufacturing over to China to save big bucks. Let's say the quality is even good. When they decide to copy your design and start selling it on eBay there is not a damn thing you can so about it. They have absolutely no problem selling your design to your competition or selling it themselves. Do to lack of policy and you being in New York city not much you can do.

c) if you think the quality is the same put your Chinese intercooler side by side with an ETS or Helix. No comparison in finish, details and welds. I'm sure the big American powerhouse companies that started this Chinese manufacturing outsourcing can afford to set up shop and monitor quality control (wouldn't want your Boeing jet or iPhone to fail due to inferior manufacturing) but I have yet to see ANYTHING in the auto aftermarket from China of equal quality to reputable American, European or Japanese parts they copy.
D) this Chinese manufacturing has either put out of business our reduced the quality (had no choice to compete but move production or sell crap) of every hobby I've been in. I do salt water aquariums. All the top brand Italian and American protein skimmer companies have gone under or downsized to nothing due to Chinese copies a 3rd of the price. Try finding high end car audio now. Late 80s early 90s American high end equipment was best bar none. In come the cheap Chinese copies and now most of these companies don't exist or are no better than the Chinese copies. And we already know what it's doing to companies who make quality American aftermarket parts.
I'm as guilty as anybody for taking the bargain and buying the occasional Chinese part but sorry my car just won't be totally VRSF'd out based on principle even if Tiago is a good guy and I bought my coilovers from him.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #48
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 2010

what happend anyone running this yet? anything for autos?
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -TC Kline SA coilovers /camber plates- HP rear toe arms
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2014, 03:25 AM   #49
Ingeniator
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 335XI(90) 09 135I(82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie1 View Post
what happend anyone running this yet? anything for autos?
Sorry just saw this notification.

Mine got lost in transit. So I cancelled the order. I'm going custom as I need to run a different setup to fit all the piping. With the water pump moved etc I think I'm just going to run a griffin rad with left side inlet outlet.
09 135I M (VK80379) 6MT. Race Project car. 1) Install Cobb/piggyback? and Motiv 600 Kit[HTA3076R w/ tial .82] 2) JRZ or Moton suspension. 3) Build high flow intake manifold with multi-port fuel and relocate OFH 4) Build full cage 5) Complete staged twin setup with HTA4205R [w/Tial 1.16] 6) Complete dry sump system
Appreciate 0