E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > LUX- The best....period.

03-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
e92stance
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 LCI 335 msport

LUX- The best....period.

Hey guys, I recently purchased a set of used Lux version 2.0's from a member here who participates in the NY/NJ forums. Martin from Atlantic Motorsports. He gave me an great deal and after much hesitation about LED solutions for my 08 e92 335i, I decided to pick them up. I got the LED's, installed them, kept the power ballasts outside the lights and everything was great.....truly an amazing product and by far LUX is the end all LED solution for our e92's!!!!

A couple days later, while cruising around with just the angel eyes on, I noticed that the color was slightly different from the driver to passenger. It was sooooo slight, but I was being anal about it and decided to contact Marc (owner of LUX) to dicuss my problem.

Marc responded almost immediately without hesitation and told me to send the units back and he will find matching LEDS!!!!! Now I was at this point the 2nd owner of these units and to offer something like that to me was amazing in my opinion. He truly stands behind his product. On top of that, Marc also offered me the option to upgrade to the V3 power supply's so that then can be stored inside the headlight once again. The charge for that was $60. I decided to go and do that, I paypal'd the money to him that day, and sent the lights out the next day.

The turnaround time was maybe about 2 weeks or so because Marc was waiting for the power supplies, but in that time I personally bombarded Marc with about 25 pm's of random questions and other BS! He answered every single one back very cordially and with great concern!!! I mean, this guy definately has his hands full HAND-MAKING his LUX, and to get back to me at such a personal level was refreshing! You dont see that these day!!!!

I got the units back, they looked amazing! The new power supplies are definately super-quality, they look and feel great and my units looked brand new!

I got them in last night with alot of cursing and some alcohol! (lol), no errors, no flickering everything is working fine! The colors match and they look amazing!!!!!! Clearly a quality product put out by a very awesome individual who cares about his product, his reputation and your happiness with his products!!!!

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ANY OTHER E92 LED SOLUTION.....JUST GET LUX AND DISREGARD THE OTHER GARBAGE OUT THERE!!!!!

Thanks Marc!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

But on a serious note, I want LUX also, how much are they?
I don't see why people spend so much on OSS. Sal has LUX and I think they look awesome.

You should put this in the vendor comments/reviews section too. Glad your satisfied with the product

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Thanks E92Stance!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Whiteboy View Post

I don't see why people spend so much on OSS. Sal has LUX and I think they look awesome.

You should put this in the vendor comments/reviews section too. Glad your satisfied with the product
Follow the link in my signature
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: race car

ive had lux5 on my e90 for almost 2 years now. first mod to my car, and probably the best one too. I see other 3/5/6/7 series drivers staring at them while they drive by at red lights. I need to get the drl and signals coded off, so I can just have to angels on to complete the look.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
NightStalker
Rep
Drives: Audi

no LED's are way different trust me

and i have HID's from alpine they are okay as well

next up is LED's
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 01:59 AM   #6
e92stance
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romiie View Post
no LED's are way different trust me

and i have HID's from alpine they are okay as well

next up is LED's

No LEDS are way different? What did you mean by that? Ive seen the Alpines in person and they are hot....very bright, but def flood out at night.....its a good alternative though. Ive seen yellow HID angels and they acutally look good too. Seen Orange LUX in an e92 on here also and that was different and hot as well.

Ive also seen the OSS in person and they are cool too, but I dont like how the LED's seem to be spaced. IMO they are a little ricey for my taste and the thought of sending out my headlights and getting sombody elses shit back is not appealing no matter how good the quality of work is. Headlights are expensive as fuck!!!!!!! no thanks!!!

LUX trumps all LED solutions, and IMO trumps the take-apart-your-headlight solutions as well!!! Trust me guys, even with the semi-difficult install, the second you turn them on, it changes the entire look of your car!! my #1 favorite mod so far!!!! I would buy stock in this company if I could!! lolol
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 02:00 AM   #7
e92stance
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

lol....I had a husky that looked just like that when I was a kid!!!!!!!! lol
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 06:29 AM   #8
D335NUTZ
The Blue Beast
China
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi in Montego Blue

Yea love my Lux. Such a big difference in looks.

Cobb AP Stage 2+ | BMS DCI | UR Catless DP | UR Chargepipe | Tial BV 50mm | BSH OCC | ETS FMIC | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | KWv1 Coilovers | Volk TE37 TC Kline Ed.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 07:37 AM   #9
Veeemdoubleu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Convertible

I have alpine HID angel eyes and they r bright as hell at day time, and night time I can use them as my headlights. only complain is, outer rings are not as bright as the inner rings. I want to see Day time picture of Lux. anyone has daytime pic of lux? please post them.

thanks
Jay
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #10
D335NUTZ
The Blue Beast
China
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi in Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeemdoubleu View Post
I have alpine HID angel eyes and they r bright as hell at day time, and night time I can use them as my headlights. only complain is, outer rings are not as bright as the inner rings. I want to see Day time picture of Lux. anyone has daytime pic of lux? please post them.

thanks
Jay
It's the same with lux cuz it's one bulb. I think only ones that are the same brightness are OSS since they physically change the AE to LED rings. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Cobb AP Stage 2+ | BMS DCI | UR Catless DP | UR Chargepipe | Tial BV 50mm | BSH OCC | ETS FMIC | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | KWv1 Coilovers | Volk TE37 TC Kline Ed.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 08:03 AM   #11
madeinhongkong
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

When i first saw Sal's@CamberToe's car that's what sold me on the LUX. You get what you pay for.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #12
mjollnir19
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i DINAN 3

Garage List
Quote:

dats a shiba inu not a husky
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 08:56 AM   #13
runwild
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

because of this thread, im ordering a set as we speak!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #14
madeinhongkong
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by runwild View Post
because of this thread, im ordering a set as we speak!
Do it they look great best angels around IMO
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #15
runwild
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost2Perfection View Post
Do it they look great best angels around IMO
deff sounds legit from what i hear.... wish i new about them when i had my old e90.. i spent around the same amount of $$ on a diff brand and the angel eyes were ok, but my headlights would get so much moisture in them it was ridiculous!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #16
madeinhongkong
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by runwild View Post
deff sounds legit from what i hear.... wish i new about them when i had my old e90.. i spent around the same amount of $$ on a diff brand and the angel eyes were ok, but my headlights would get so much moisture in them it was ridiculous!
no good bro, yea the only reason why i didn't get HID AE even tho they are cheaper and maybe brighter... but LUX is quality and def no moisture!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #17
runwild
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost2Perfection View Post
no good bro, yea the only reason why i didn't get HID AE even tho they are cheaper and maybe brighter... but LUX is quality and def no moisture!
LUX sounds legit! because of the other shitty angel eyes letting moisture in my headlghts my adaptive xenons turned to shit and stopped working
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #18
Wills 335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue

If anyone wants a pair of Lux's...I have them on Sale.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #19
e92stance
Banned
United_States
Rep

Yeah man, you cant go wrong with the LUX...I mean even with my situation Marc handled it like a professional and his product speaks for itself....I used to doubt how much "better" LUX would be then expensive h-8 bulbs or other LED products....but really, his product is engineered and designed specifically for the shitty AE tube setup in our headlights....its as good as you can get it unless you take apart your headlight. And like I said, with my adaptive mechanisms and all that other shit in there plus having to mail out my headlights and not get my original ones back....no thanks OSS.

LUX should come stock in BMW's!!!! they are that good
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #20
Veeemdoubleu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Convertible

Even better than Alpine HID???
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #21
e92stance
Banned
United_States
Rep

Ive seen Alpines in person in 2 different color ranges....and they are definately brighter in the day but also get flooded out at night. You literally can use them as headlights....the LUX is crisp and sharp, even during the day they are impressive. At night they look awesome and clean.

Another thing with HID's that I looked into was the idea of having a hot ass bulb in a socket that was designed for a 35w h-8....i didnt think that was worth the melting risk....LEDs run cooler, and the heat sinks on the LUX are unmatched by anybody on the market IMO. Its just a solid solid product that was engineered for our cars and performs as advertised. All these guys on here that run LUX from all around the US and the world cant be wrong!!!! Dont waste your money on any other advertised LED solution....trust
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #22
MShao825
Go Terps!
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII/FR E92 M3

You know it had to come...