E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success

01-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #1079
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimal296 View Post
how do you code Random/Shuffle music permanently
on the I-Drive for an E92 08 M3 (CIC)

If you tick Random and switch the Car off,it starts back
in Normal mode i.e Non Random

A bit annoying to have to tick Random each time you
start the Car fresh.

Thx
^that is a good one and worth figuring out if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
link doesnt work...
No worky for me
      01-20-2011, 01:31 PM   #1080
GenePoole
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
link doesnt work...
It's a temp directory. Bmwtis copies temp htm files to this dir, but they only last for awhile. I don't think they have perma-links to any of their documents.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #1081
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Just to clarify what "coding" thru NCS Expert means, as it seems to me that the word is being used loosely in this thread: there's coding and there is programming/firmware update.

Other than a few value changes in specific modules, coding here is just turning existing features in a module on/off and nothing else.

The fundamental algorithm of the module -how it actually works- cannot be changed by coding, only by a software update or by accessing its current software somehow and modifiying its algorithm.

In other words, if Random is set to a fixed list of songs then no coding will change that, you have to change its programmed algorithm. If the 7-band EQ is only active when Top HiFi is the sound system coded (turned on) then coding will not make the 7-band EQ to be functional with HiFi or Stereo sound system, you will need to change/modify its programmed algorithm.

There are too many members asking for programming changes intead of coding with NCS Expert in this thread, which it is a dangerous thing as sooner or later you will change something that will make you car do something else when you are not expecting it, or worse, it will not do something when your life depends on it.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #1082
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Yup, in some cases this thread is like the apple in the Garden of Eden...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #1083
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Just to clarify what "coding" thru NCS Expert means, as it seems to me that the word is being used loosely in this thread: there's coding and there is programming/firmware update.

Other than a few value changes in specific modules, coding here is just turning existing features in a module on/off and nothing else.

The fundamental algorithm of the module -how it actually works- cannot be changed by coding, only by a software update or by accessing its current software somehow and modifiying its algorithm.

In other words, if Random is set to a fixed list of songs then no coding will change that, you have to change its programmed algorithm. If the 7-band EQ is only active when Top HiFi is the sound system coded (turned on) then coding will not make the 7-band EQ to be functional with HiFi or Stereo sound system, you will need to change/modify its programmed algorithm.

There are too many members asking for programming changes intead of coding with NCS Expert in this thread, which it is a dangerous thing as sooner or later you will change something that will make you car do something else when you are not expecting it, or worse, it will not do something when your life depends on it.
I agreed with you and you made a very valid point. However, in your case you are looking at "Random" as a low level algorithm where the computer generate a random sequence of number which is one way to built a random algorithm.

On the other hand, Random is also a function of way for playback vs continuous playback. I was only refering to Random as a function of the CD stereo playback. If you select the Random function while listening to CD, once you get to your destination and turn off the car, then you come back and start the car again, the stereo does not keep the Random in memory as the last function you selected. If there is a fuction to turn on/off last Cd palyback, then you can certainly code this.

The question is, did BMW provide this as an available function in the stereo module.
      01-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #1084
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Correct.

There must be a "on/off switch" to code. And in the specific Random case there is no switch/variable that I can find in the CIC TRC file (for example) that can be modified -as most of the other radio/CD functions- so it can remember its last position. However, and by the same token, you can find a variable that remembers the last recirculation mode of the climate control, so you do not have to push that button everytime you get in your car. The last setting will be active the next time you turn the car on.

So, yes, I can see why some members can take one thing and run to the endzone with it. Just make sure that it is understood what NCS Expert does and what the limits of the TRC file contents are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
I agreed with you and you made a very valid point. However, in your case you are looking at "Random" as a low level algorithm where the computer generate a random sequence of number which is one way to built a random algorithm.

On the other hand, Random is also a function of way for playback vs continuous playback. I was only refering to Random as a function of the CD stereo playback. If you select the Random function while listening to CD, once you get to your destination and turn off the car, then you come back and start the car again, the stereo does not keep the Random in memory as the last function you selected. If there is a fuction to turn on/off last Cd palyback, then you can certainly code this.

The question is, did BMW provide this as an available function in the stereo module.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #1085
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
Not to get off topic but why can't the bt pro code If it says it can on
Their website. I'm deciding b/w the two but don't understand the differences b/w them
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #1086
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanJJ09 View Post
Not to get off topic but why can't the bt pro code If it says it can on
Their website. I'm deciding b/w the two but don't understand the differences b/w them
The main difference is that NCS Expert is an OEM BMW-developed and -implemented software, the BT tool isn't. The other difference is that NCS Expert is not supposed to be for customer use (internal use only), BT is.

That's the reason NCS Expert is more powerful than the BT tool but less user friendly.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 07:13 PM   #1087
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
Thanks for asplaining that. So my best bet is to get the bt enthusiast and get the other cable if I wanted to code?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 01:16 AM   #1088
JonLerd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i coupe

deleted

Last edited by JonLerd; 01-21-2011 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 02:56 AM   #1089
luigi42
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlethae View Post
I've tried finding these in NFRM but they're not in mine (2011 E90):

BEIKLAPPEN_B_KOMFORTSCHL
SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP

(They do exist when I trace the entire car, but obviously I can't code them that way)

I do have folding mirrors on the car (button on the driver's side door) and I have been able to code rolling windows up with the fob but can't get the mirrors to fold.

There's also some modules I don't have access to yet (no daten files available in this thread work): MEDIA, PDC, FLA, 63BMO.
I just added a line to the spreadsheet. I found ASP_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP seems to be the module function in NFRM for 2011 e90.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 07:00 AM   #1090
MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanJJ09 View Post
Thanks for asplaining that. So my best bet is to get the bt enthusiast and get the other cable if I wanted to code?
This is exactly what i've done. Bt @ $287 + Ebay Cable @ $32. So $319 shipping included to code your options and manage your car's events and faults.

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #1091
spazticrecords
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 328 XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLerd View Post
just added TPMS disable onto spreadsheet. Remove v.o. option $2vb then reset codes. worked on 2009
Nice update. Can we confirm that's all it does. I guess that VO is just for the TPMS system? Can it be added back and do you need to update any TRC modules individually?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #1092
ironman1982
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Ok, I've searched the thread for "Taillamp" and "LED" but didn't see any posts related to coding out the bulb check for pre-LCI cars retrofitting the LED taillamp assemblies to them. I've seen where some with FRM2 modules might need the FRM3 modules to code out the bulb check. I was subscribed to the thread but the flood of emails in my box got out of hand and after about 30+ pages of reading this thread had become a bit cumbersome to navigate. lol Has anyone had success with this yet? Also, has anyone tried automatic switch over to night mode for the navigation on the CIC module on a 2009 model?

I've been waiting on my cable about 3 weeks now so all I can do is read and wait!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #1093
spazticrecords
Banned
Rep

Also, has anyone tried automatic switch over to night mode for the navigation on the CIC module on a 2009 model?

Sadly, this does not work. The menu option appears and is selectable but it doesn't actually work. This is tested on 2010 CIC
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #1094
SG_E92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i SG

Open windows + moon roof + unfold mirrors with FOB

I did some searching and could not find the answer to this. I see the spreadsheet has 'Closes windows + moon roof + fold mirrors with FOB' but has anyone been successfull coding 'Open windows + moon roof + unfold mirrors with FOB'. I know it is possible but just wanted to know if anyone has been able to do it?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 10:52 AM   #1095
JonLerd
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazticrecords View Post
Nice update. Can we confirm that's all it does. I guess that VO is just for the TPMS system? Can it be added back and do you need to update any TRC modules individually?
yes it can be added back manually just like as if you were coding an oem alarm. No TRC modules need to be modified. Also no fuses need to be pulled as previously mentioned. Once fault is set it must be reset even after the v.o. is removed for the light to clear. I used the procede to clear the TPMS light. Previously with out the v.o. mod the light would come back after a few mins. After i removed the option in the v.o. it has yet to come back after several hours.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #1096
JonLerd
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG_E92 View Post
I did some searching and could not find the answer to this. I see the spreadsheet has 'Closes windows + moon roof + fold mirrors with FOB' but has anyone been successfull coding 'Open windows + moon roof + unfold mirrors with FOB'. I know it is possible but just wanted to know if anyone has been able to do it?
the open option came with my car from the factory. Closing however was not part of the options which i coded. Try holding the lock and seeing if it works.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #1097
SG_E92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i SG

do you have comfort access?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLerd View Post
the open option came with my car from the factory. Closing however was not part of the options which i coded. Try holding the lock and seeing if it works.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #1098
spazticrecords
Banned
Rep

No comfort acces and the car comes stock with all BMW's to roll the windows down with the key fob. My old 2003 325xi had this feature. Maybe it's part of the premium package?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #1099
luigi42
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazticrecords View Post
Also, has anyone tried automatic switch over to night mode for the navigation on the CIC module on a 2009 model?

Sadly, this does not work. The menu option appears and is selectable but it doesn't actually work. This is tested on 2010 CIC
I also tried this on a 2011 CIC and found it does not work either.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #1100
Romanian nightmare
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i Alpine Weiss

Does a code exist for having the fog lights on a 2007 335i come on automatically when the lights come on? Currently i have to always turn them on manually. Just a pain, really....
Appreciate 0