E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Code 2e69 and 3100 keep coming back.

11-27-2023, 12:02 AM   #1
mikegress5
Mike G
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi e92

Code 2e69 and 3100 keep coming back.

Hi there I'm new to BMW ownership and have had quite the start.

I have a 2009 e92 335xi Automatic transmission.
with the trouble codes 2e69 (knock sensor fault bank 1) and 3100 (boost pressure control deactivation).
Only these two codes appear, no misfire codes appear but they keep coming back.
First the 2e69 then immediately followed by 3100

The codes only appear when the vehicle reaches 110 km/h or
68 mp/h and ONLY when it is at operating temperature.

When the engine light comes on the boost gets cut from the vehicle and power is reduced.

The car is stock with no aftermarket modifications.

The RPM does not matter.
We have driven with the code reader in the car and tested it with high and low rpm.

We did a road test with high load on the car in 6th gear driving up a steep road and the codes do not appear until the vehicle reaches the speed.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any help online with this issue.

I have replaced the coil packs and spark plugs but no change.

I have replaced the knock sensor and checked the wires and they are in good condition.

The old knock sensor was also in good condition but I replaced it anyway with an oem one to rule it out.

I replaced the intake manifold gasket, valve cover gasket and oil filter housing gasket and still no change.

There was carbon buildup on the valve's which I then cleaned off thinking it would do the trick but still nothing changed.

My Dad is a former BMW red seal technician who also has never encountered this issue, He asked his former BMW foreman for any ideas but unfortunately, he said it’s a can of worms.

What we gathered is that the Knock sensors are almost never replaced on the N54 and most people say to check the wiring, but the wiring is good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am stuck and don't know where to continue.
Appreciate 0