E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > M3 side skirts

05-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #1
bjc1973
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: space grey e92 335d

M3 side skirts

Got myself a space grey 335d and planning a few mods.Bought some original m3 sideskirts but after trial fit not happy even after making necessary adjustments to holes. We're Is the best place to get good quality and good fitting m3 replica side skirts. Seen a place on eBay that's in Sheffield(xclusivecusoms)that sells them made from glass reinforced plastic,has anybody used these? Also spoken to a guy at mstyle and there's are fibreglass. Would be grateful for any feedback as I will be lookin at gettin some soon. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #2
hmpmarketing
BMW Fan
Rep
Drives: E93

Hey Mate,

I went to xclusivecustoms in Sheffield last week (alex is the owner very cool guy) to pick up a pair of M3 rear arches. The material is something called duraflex, Im having them fitted by URC Refined next week. When I went there I almost picked up a pair of the M3 skirts you are talking about, but according to Alex I would need the front panels too as the skirts are wider.

I will post a writeup once this is done, I think the material is ok as AJ from URC didnt say anything to me when he saw the arches
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
bjc1973
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: space grey e92 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmpmarketing View Post
Hey Mate,

I went to xclusivecustoms in Sheffield last week (alex is the owner very cool guy) to pick up a pair of M3 rear arches. The material is something called duraflex, Im having them fitted by URC Refined next week. When I went there I almost picked up a pair of the M3 skirts you are talking about, but according to Alex I would need the front panels too as the skirts are wider.

I will post a writeup once this is done, I think the material is ok as AJ from URC didnt say anything to me when he saw the arches
is the material more like plastic rather than fibre glass.just a little put off using fibre glass as in the past it seemed poor quality and when painted a part looked warped and not straight.as anyone else fitted some replicas and what was finish and fitment like.got my car booked in at the body shop this thursday so really want to get some skirts sorted then they can be painted at the same time.cheers for any feedback
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 03:40 AM   #4
hmpmarketing
BMW Fan
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjc1973 View Post
is the material more like plastic rather than fibre glass.just a little put off using fibre glass as in the past it seemed poor quality and when painted a part looked warped and not straight.as anyone else fitted some replicas and what was finish and fitment like.got my car booked in at the body shop this thursday so really want to get some skirts sorted then they can be painted at the same time.cheers for any feedback
My car has a front bumper addon which is made from Fiber glass and to be honest, I have not experienced any warping or quality issues. But I guess it depends where you get the material from.
Appreciate 0