E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > front shock

05-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
scrappy_77
Rep
Drives: E90 320d se

front shock

Hi all, need some help my wifes E90 320d had a front drivers side spring snap on tuesday while the car was on the drive, lucky she wasnt drive as the spring jammed in the tyre , anyway managed to get a new spring from euro car parts, i took the shock off the car and took the spring and shock to a local garage to get it changed as i dont have spring compressors,

And after a bit time they said that the shock was faulty due to the weight of the car landing on it without the spring, there only seems to be a small amount of piston showing from the housing, but if you pull on the piston rod you can get another 3inchs plus out but as soon as you let go the shock pulls the piston back in, but all the shocks i have change be it uprated ones or stock if you pull the piston out it runs to the end of its travel and stays there, just want to see if any one has changed a shock/spring or has one knocking around to tell me if this right as there is only a small amount of space to fit the spring in even when the spring is compressed, i dont really want to spend antother £110 for a shock if its not needed.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
scrappy_77
Rep
Drives: E90 320d se

Think i may have found the awnser on the boge web site they say that these shocks run a Rebound buffer spring so you cant pull them all the way out.
Appreciate 0