E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 07 335i sedan with Idrive / USB / aux

10-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
93civEJ1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i, 01 Z06

07 335i sedan with Idrive / USB / aux

Ok....so I just got my 07 335i sedan last week. It has the aux and usb plug in the console and of course Idrive and Logic 7.

I had a 4S last week, I was told I need to buy a bmw Y adaptor. Has 30 pins on one end and the usb / aux plug on the other end.

Why does the sytem not allow you to just use the standard apple 30 pin to USB cable that comes with the phones?

Most radios these days that are "iphone" ready allow this. How can a 07 car that is iphone ready not allow this?

Anyway, so on to my question. Since we also have bluetooth, is there no way to stream bluetooth music through the BMW blue tooth pairing from factory?

My next question is this....now that I have my 30 pin BMW Y cable on the way, today I got a new iphone 5S that is running IOS 8. Of course it has the lightning cable. Now what do I do? Find a new cable? Some people have said to just buy the 30pin to lightning adapter from apple. Is there another cheaper one that will work? Has this been tested with IOS 8 and Iphone 5s?

I just want to be able to listen to my downloaded music, spotify, etc....

what do I need and what are my options for my 07 335i?
Appreciate 0