E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > FS – 2011 E91 328i M sport, 6MT, Nav, HK, Silver Gray, Black Dakota, 193M, PSS’s

05-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #1
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

FS – 2011 E91 328i M sport, 6MT, Nav, HK, Silver Gray, Black Dakota, 193M, PSS’s

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Up for sale is our 2011 328i rwd sport wagon. When we waited 3 months for this car to be special ordered and delivered, I in no way was thinking of selling it a mere 3 years after delivery. But sometimes life has a way of changing the best laid plans. I am sad to see the car go as it is a fantastic driver’s car that also offers utility, but it is not really necessary for our needs now. The kids are bigger and the amount of gear and friends that accompany us on an almost daily basis pushed us into an X5 with a 3rd row seat. With that being our new family hauler and road trip machine, I am looking to get back into a 335 or possibly even an M235 for my daily drive. As I mentioned already this car was special ordered exactly how we wanted it and then I slightly tweaked the suspension after owning it for a while to improve the handling and looks a bit. It has been a great car to own. Never gave us any headaches, returns great gas mileage on road trips (which we do a lot of seeing family are far away), comfortable, great sound system, and is fun to drive. Being a late 2011, the car has a full year of factory warranty left.
I am old school when it comes to maintenance and caring for a car and this one has not been an exception. Break in oil service was done at 1200 miles and oil has been changed ever ~7k miles since. In addition the transmission and differential fluid were also changed out at 23k miles with Red Line MTL/75-90. Other than maintenance, in three years we have only had to do the battery cable recall, and had a SRS module replaced. I have kept records of all the work done in a spreadsheet and it will be available to any potential buyers for review. I also ran a Carfax that is available as well. In addition to maintenance, I am anal about how our cars look. I have kept it looking great with quarterly full details (clay, polish, sealant, wax, etc) and weekly cleaning. I use Menzerna and Meguiars products for the paint and 303/Leatherique for the interior.
Here is the list of options:
2011 RWD 328i sport wagon
- M sport package
- Premium package
- Navigation
- Full ipod control
- Enhanced Bluetooth/USB
- Heated seats
- HK audio
- 6 speed manual transmission
- 18” 193M wheels
- Panoramic sunroof (two panels)
- Rear Park Distance Control
- Adaptive Xenon Lights
- Silver gray paint
- Black Dakota leather (accent stitching in the seats)
- Brushed aluminum trim (newer style with vertical accent lines on dash pieces)
- Roof rail delete
- Full set of all weather mats including trunk liner (OE BMW)
- Brand new set of carpeted floor mats included in sale.
- Formula One 35% tint on all rear windows with Llumar 50% on the front two.
The car also has a full BMW Performance suspension installed and a modified clutch delay valve.

Condition:
- Currently the car has 41k miles on it
- Interior is in excellent shape
- Exterior also looks great except a few minor items: one very small ding on the rear passenger door, small scratch on the rear bumper from a suitcase wheel coming out of the trunk, a scratch on one of the rear wheels from someone parking their shopping cart against the wheel (don’t even get me started), and the front bumper has normal wear from freeway use and some minor clear coat damage from a piece of a semi tire that hit the car right below the fog light on the passenger side. I polished most of it out but up close you can see the marks where the clear coat was damaged. Also the bottom (not visible from above or front) of the bumper is scratched up from steep driveways and what not.
- Wheels have no curbing or damage other than the scratch mentioned above. I keep them shiny and clean with Poorboys wheel sealant.
- Tires are nearly new Michelin Pilot Super Sports. (Probably the best thing I ever did to the car to improve the ride. Simply amazing tires.)
- A full alignment was done after the suspension install and then again when the new tires went on to make sure everything was good.
- The engine runs very strong and burns no oil. On a typical road trip with 4 of us in the car plus gear, we get 29-30 mpg.
- Transmission shifts smooth and precise with clutch engagement improved after the clutch delay valve was swapped for a hollowed out unit. No issues what so ever.
- I have both keys, all manuals, the original window sticker and all maintenance documented.
At this point if you are still reading hopefully you can appreciate my full disclosure. I know there have to be other enthusiasts out there like me who want a car like this and will appreciate the build. (I routinely refer to it as the Jalopnik edition E91 for those who follow the site). :-D
Please PM me if you have any further questions and include your contact info if you want to talk. I am happy to work with people further away who possibly need to ship a car, but I wouldn’t hesitate to drive this across the country. I live 5 miles from a decent sized airport for long distance folks as well.

Pictures: (full res of specific pictures can be emailed)

Attached Images

Last edited by therealm3; 07-01-2014 at 03:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 08:33 AM   #2
sesser
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 e90 6MT

Garage List
Great looking car. It's like a sibling of the '10 e90 335i I'm selling. GLWS!
      05-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #3
JustMtnB44
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 328i xdrive wagon F31

Where in CA are you located? I'll be out there in a couple days for vacation...
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 12:36 PM   #4
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMtnB44 View Post
Where in CA are you located? I'll be out there in a couple days for vacation...
Sacramento. If you are serious, I could try and meet up somewhere if its not too far.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 05:48 PM   #5
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Update: so f-ing annoyed right now. Went to the store and was admiring how good the car looked in the sun with a fresh coat of carnauba. Came back and the asshat who parked next to me put a ding in the rear quarter!!!! Aaaghh. So any who are interested please note this as well. It looks worse in the picture but is not going to "buff right out". Oh and the white marks below the ding are reflections not paint damage.
Attached Images

Last edited by therealm3; 05-19-2014 at 06:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #6
ejheverest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

Price? Do you have an estimate on the rear quarter damage? Do you think it could be pulled out?

You optioned with heated seats, not cold weather package correct?
      05-19-2014, 10:06 PM   #7
JustMtnB44
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 328i xdrive wagon F31

PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 11:20 PM   #8
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejheverest View Post
Price? Do you have an estimate on the rear quarter damage? Do you think it could be pulled out?

You optioned with heated seats, not cold weather package correct?
Price is there? 27500obo. Yes, heated seats but no washers up front. No estimate on the ding. PDR could probably do it. Not sure though, its close to the seam.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #9
ejheverest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

Thanks for the reply. My e90post application on my Ipad isn't showing prices on any cars in the For Sale section of the forum.

What month was your purchase date? What service is left before 50k maintenance/power-train warranty is expired?

Im assuming aside from the preventative maintenance you have done already, a brake flush, coolant flush would be next when it hits 60k miles?
      05-20-2014, 12:30 PM   #10
mmm def
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 330, 19 ND2 RF, 11 RX350

holy smokes that is a nice looking car!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #11
Silver99GSX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i X-Drive M-Sport

Fyi: PDR can get the rear quarter ding out. I'm sitting with my buddy that does the Paintless dent repair (PDR) and said he would have no problem getting that out for you. Only thing is we are in NY lol
      05-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #12
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver99GSX View Post
Fyi: PDR can get the rear quarter ding out. I'm sitting with my buddy that does the Paintless dent repair (PDR) and said he would have no problem getting that out for you. Only thing is we are in NY lol
this is good to hear. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejheverest View Post
Thanks for the reply. My e90post application on my Ipad isn't showing prices on any cars in the For Sale section of the forum.

What month was your purchase date? What service is left before 50k maintenance/power-train warranty is expired?

Im assuming aside from the preventative maintenance you have done already, a brake flush, coolant flush would be next when it hits 60k miles?
strange, you are right, the phone app doesn't show price either.

the car was purchased at the end of April 2011 so about 11 months of warranty left. according to the computer there is one service left for what I I assume is an oil change in ~3500 miles. If I was keeping the car I would do that one at the dealer and then when ~7k miles had passed from that I would do another oil change and the transmission and differential again myself. (old school maintenance schedule). Then at the next one ~60k as you note, oil, coolant, air filter, cabin filter, and brake fluid flush. A lot of what I do is above and beyond what BMW recommends, but it has served me well over the years so I am not going to stop now. Plus it lets me bond with the car a bit and I like working on stuff.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #13
gesoffen
Registered
Rep
Drives: '01 E46 wagon

Interested….

…but I'm on the other coast. If your willing, I'd like to ask a few questions via email, pm or phone. I'll let you decide since I'm a newb here (I hang out at bimmerfest mostly).
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 09:43 PM   #14
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesoffen View Post
…but I'm on the other coast. If your willing, I'd like to ask a few questions via email, pm or phone. I'll let you decide since I'm a newb here (I hang out at bimmerfest mostly).
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 03:57 AM   #15
ilia
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Awesome wagon. Are you interested in swapping rides? I have a 2010 335 M package coupe with 25k miles. PM me. Thanks
      05-21-2014, 11:58 AM   #16
Viral
Major
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

what exactly was the change in the suspension?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 12:02 PM   #17
empfader
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1998 M3/4/5

This is the E91 I need - perfect combo of options and upgrades. I wish you weren't so far away, otherwise I would have bought this yesterday....GLWS
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #18
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
what exactly was the change in the suspension?
BMW Performance suspension. Full shocks, springs, bushings, and front sway bar. Second car I have had it on and with non run flats I think its the perfect street suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by empfader View Post
This is the E91 I need - perfect combo of options and upgrades. I wish you weren't so far away, otherwise I would have bought this yesterday....GLWS
I am not afraid of a long distance sale. Most interest has not been local. if you are serious we can work something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnphilosfr View Post
Awesome wagon. Are you interested in swapping rides? I have a 2010 335 M package coupe with 25k miles. PM me. Thanks
PM sent. nice car, but my next bmw will be blue for sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 03:19 PM   #19
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Update: here are a few pictures showing brake pad depth and tread of the tires (~4k miles on them since new). Several people have asked about both in addition to: car has never been smoked in, it is always garaged, the roof rail delete was a factory option so the roof has painted tracks with the flip up eyelets for roof rack install, and the car was delivered at the end of April so the factory warranty has 11 months left with a scheduled oil change due in ~3500 miles. Oh and here is picture of the window sticker to show the original options/build.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 10:35 AM   #20
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Sale is pending guys. Thanks for all the interest!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 02:28 AM   #21
M_Azing
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 1M

Wow...if you had this posted just a few months earlier I would have purchased the car. I have purchased a same spec E91 but the exterior color wasn't the top choice and minus M sport pack. RWD 6Spd E91 is hard to come by. Good luck with the sale!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #22
Dyintorace
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5

What a great looking wagon. Wish it was on the east coast. Good luck with the sale!
Appreciate 0