E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > New owner of e92 m3!! :)

05-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #45
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE GT3

Well where do I start , been trying to sort out this M3 lease Today and I can lease the car no probs £671 up front and 47 further payments of the same amount plus vat of course which is no problem as my company is vat registered, but and its a big but the dealer wants my car plus £6135.00 to make up the difference in the finance and what they are offering for the car ,I think there is £21k outstanding on my car so that means they are only offering me about £15 k for my car a loss of £11k in 15 months , I just don't think I can bring myself to do it and how I look at it my car looks just as good as the M3 it goes like stink with the Evolve remap etc etc so whats the point?

Think i'll just stick to the 335i
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #46
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 F83

Good idea, I think paying £671 + VAT is way too much money on a monthly basis, coupled with the depreciation of your 335i just seems commercially un-viable.

I particularly enjoyed the look of total shock on an M3 drivers face when he assumed that a heavy right foot would destroy a normal E92 Coupe at the lights (I am a debaged 335d :-)and onto a local dual carriageway where i passed him !

Keep the car !

PS, My previous 2 BMW's have been an E36 and E46 M3, I see no reason to buy an E92 M3 now that I have the 335D. Personally I think BMW screwed up by having the 335 so close (or better with map) in performance to the M3. That wasn't the case in the E46 range so hence why I had an M3.

I wonder how many 335 owners on this forum had previously had an E46 M3. ? I would expect quite a few. I do like the new M3 but I have no reason to splash the extra money for no increase in performance. Anyway I don't see many E9x M3's around my area and I think that is because there isn't a big market for them anymore.

2p.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2009, 04:54 PM   #47
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragha View Post
Good idea, I think paying £671 + VAT is way too much money on a monthly basis, coupled with the depreciation of your 335i just seems commercially un-viable.

I particularly enjoyed the look of total shock on an M3 drivers face when he assumed that a heavy right foot would destroy a normal E92 Coupe at the lights (I am a debaged 335d :-)and onto a local dual carriageway where i passed him !

Keep the car !

PS, My previous 2 BMW's have been an E36 and E46 M3, I see no reason to buy an E92 M3 now that I have the 335D. Personally I think BMW screwed up by having the 335 so close (or better with map) in performance to the M3. That wasn't the case in the E46 range so hence why I had an M3.

I wonder how many 335 owners on this forum had previously had an E46 M3. ? I would expect quite a few. I do like the new M3 but I have no reason to splash the extra money for no increase in performance. Anyway I don't see many E9x M3's around my area and I think that is because there isn't a big market for them anymore.

2p.

My thoughts exactly.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 04:15 AM   #48
CardinalZeus77
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S

Garage List
Nice car!
The DCT box is great .... although I personally prefer the manual.
Get some pics on here soon!
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 05:07 AM   #49
bape
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 DCT

hello people,
should definitely be picking up the beast tomoro, so will put some photos up tomoro night possibly! thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 06:17 AM   #50
Speedtrap
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A very fast car :)

Congrats on the new car. Any pictures as of yet?
      05-20-2009, 06:49 AM   #51
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYBMW1 View Post
been trying to sort out this M3 lease Today and I can lease the car no probs £671 up front and 47 further payments of the same amount plus vat of course
off topic........

That's pretty good for an M3 lease. I pay similar, £750/m (inc vat), for my 335i on PCP. I run a business too, but surely its madness to have your firm buy the car for you as then you have to pay personal company car benefit tax on it? which will be shed loads on an M3 / 335i!!!

back on thread.......

Yeh 335i / 335d are quick but don't forget an M3 is very different to a 3 series, its not just a 335i with a V8 in it. Different - and unique - drive train, body work, suspension, brakes, interior the lot.

I would say it is a very different car that looks a like a 3 series. That, low volume, and the engine - and what an engine - are what make it special, not just headline BHP figures. So an M3 is always a big step up from a 335i/d as really it is a different car, unless you aren't bothered by anything other than horsepower. Same for all M cars - they are not directly comparable to the basic models on which they are based on / developed from.

If I could chip my 335i to 500bhp I would still prefer a beautiful (last of its kind) normally aspirated V8 M3 to a 'fakey' chipped turbo!

So, OP, damn good man for buying an M3 - enjoy it while its legal and f##k the expense!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 06:58 AM   #52
bape
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
off topic........

That's pretty good for an M3 lease. I pay similar, £750/m (inc vat), for my 335i on PCP. I run a business too, but surely its madness to have your firm buy the car for you as then you have to pay personal company car benefit tax on it? which will be shed loads on an M3 / 335i!!!

back on thread.......

Yeh 335i / 335d are quick but don't forget an M3 is very different to a 3 series, its not just a 335i with a V8 in it. Different - and unique - drive train, body work, suspension, brakes, interior the lot.

I would say it is a very different car that looks a like a 3 series. That, low volume, and the engine - and what an engine - are what make it special, not just headline BHP figures. So an M3 is always a big step up from a 335i/d as really it is a different car, unless you aren't bothered by anything other than horsepower. Same for all M cars - they are not directly comparable to the basic models on which they are based on / developed from.

If I could chip my 335i to 500bhp I would still prefer a beautiful (last of its kind) normally aspirated V8 M3 to a 'fakey' chipped turbo!

So, OP, damn good man for buying an M3 - enjoy it while its legal and f##k the expense!
the m3 basically has the 'x-factor'
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 07:04 AM   #53
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Welcome, look forward to seeing pics!
      05-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #54
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep

Quote:
off topic........

back on thread.......

love this answer buddy , you are just like me by the sounds of it , by the way I don't have to pay company car tax if the company does the lease du to using it as a poole car or so the dealer tells me as my office is home based you can do this and just claim the vat back rather than going the full company car route.

Still thinking about it though !!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #55
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 F83

Quote:

Good points and well made, my point is that the gap between the top end 3 series and the M3 is not as wide as it was in the E46 / E36 range IMO. Thus why you don't see as many E92 M3's on the road as E46 M3's for instance. Its low volume because there is not a big market for them anymore. If demand was high production would be increased !

I am not knocking the E9x M3 as I do love the car and could of bought one if I had wanted but I just felt that the M Sport 335D represented better VFM, which aint a bad thing in these trying times IMO.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #56
bape
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

photos now uploaded!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #57
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Lookin Fockin Nice!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 03:12 PM   #58
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Looks spot on - nice one!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 03:31 PM   #59
e92_alex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Nice...

Really deep shine you had it detailed?

Last edited by e92_alex; 06-23-2009 at 03:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #60
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

Great looking car, where you near hangar lane at all tuesday afternoon could have sworn I saw the sam car.
      06-23-2009, 05:13 PM   #61
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Looks fantastic - you must be very pleased

Don't worry about the DCT, once you get used to it and how it shifts, it will become second nature.

With the drivelogic set quite low it can feel a little sluggish. Try pressing the 'power' button and knocking the DL up to setting four or five, and tell me then it feels sluggish!!!

Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #62
bape
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
Great looking car, where you near hangar lane at all tuesday afternoon could have sworn I saw the sam car.
I don't think so, but I live in south west of london so its not that far, whoever was driving that car must have a great taste though

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_alex View Post
Nice...

Really deep shine you had it detailed?
well the dealership included the bmw detailing before i bought the car but i got it washed today and when i got home i used detailing sprays etc to make it extra shiny and clean
p.s. the autoglym active insect remover is brilliant, bought it today and it removes those really really tough squashed up bugs eaaaasssy! recommended

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post
Looks fantastic - you must be very pleased

Don't worry about the DCT, once you get used to it and how it shifts, it will become second nature.

With the drivelogic set quite low it can feel a little sluggish. Try pressing the 'power' button and knocking the DL up to setting four or five, and tell me then it feels sluggish!!!

Enjoy
Thanks for the info... i normally just potter along with the DL on the 2nd bar but will try notching it up a few bars. I keep it low because if i have the bars to the max its just gunna be another excuse to put the foot down haha. I have the m mode set to max everything, so i do use that occasionally problem is, not many good places to go for a drive in london
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #63
bape
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

does anyone know where to get the ipod link installed around london and how much does it cost? bmw dealership quoted around 500-600
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #64
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
If you have the EDC option you should try fiddling with those settings - i now run EDC on comfort ALL the time, even with the M mode as i find it holds traction much better and doesnt skip when you really push on - i only up the EDC settings when im on the track.