E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > WOW free server?

12-01-2008, 05:31 PM   #1
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
WOW free server?

Do you guys play on any free servers for WOW? How is it compared to the regular ones? I am debating whether or not I should start playing.. The only thing holding me back is my free time which I dont have very much of these days because of school... Let me know! I still play dota on a day to day basis though dota ftw!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
Fzara2000
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335is

oh god please don't start to play WoW. I played it for 3-4 years constantly, and with the new "Wrath of the Litch King" out, its garbage. Just rebranded quests and the same old shit.

Warhammer online came out and got good reviews, but not many people play that game, therefore, the population on the servers is low.

I would just stick to DOTA.
      12-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
satakal
Major
Rep
Drives: e46

you own a bmw and you're not willing to put down $15/month?

I wouldn't play on a free sever. If something happens like getting hacked or you need GM resolution, you have no "customer service". Also, I wouldn't know where to find one. Just play imo.
________
Honda RS250R history
________
Glass bong

Last edited by satakal; 09-13-2011 at 10:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by satakal View Post
you own a bmw and you're not willing to put down $15/month?

I wouldn't play on a free sever. If something happens like getting hacked or you need GM resolution, you have no "customer service". Also, I wouldn't know where to find one. Just play imo.
The monthly doesn't bother me, I was just curious ahhh I dont want to get addicted.. lol
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 11:21 PM   #5
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
The monthly doesn't bother me, I was just curious ahhh I dont want to get addicted.. lol
dude, word of advice. DONT PLAY MMORPG's(massively multiplayer online role playing games). Wether its free or not. you are just going to wind up getting hooked on it and it will literally devour your time, and energy.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 12:09 AM   #6
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
dude, word of advice. DONT PLAY MMORPG's(massively multiplayer online role playing games). Wether its free or not. you are just going to wind up getting hooked on it and it will literally devour your time, and energy.
Yeah.. I'm highly considering just uninstalling the trial lol.. I dont really want to get hooked on it...
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #7
Back in a Subie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited

Garage List
I dont buy this "hooked" BS

If you get "hooked" it’s your own deal... just as if you were an alcoholic or a drug user, its all about self control and moderation. The reason so many people get "hooked" is because it is a really cheap from of entertainment ($0.50 a day roughly) and quite honestly I would rather play this exhilarating game than mindlessly watch TV. You can still play the game on a casual level though and not dump that much time and/or energy into it.

In fact with the new expansion the entire game is tuned for casual play, you no longer need a perfect group to do things, you no longer need to find 40 other people for end game, you can invest 3-5 hours a week in Arena combat and come out with decent gear. There is even a Recruit-A-Friend deal where you are pretty much given levels 1-60. So, don't believe this "huge time sink" argument or the "addicting as heroin" spiel... it is as much as you let it be.

On that note... NEVER NEVER NEVER PLAY ON A FREE (Private) SERVER! Private servers are not only illegal (and against Blizzards ToS), it is a great way to have your account hacked and/or identity stolen. If Blizzard Entertainment finds out you are playing on a Private Server they will Perma-Ban your account, the people running these Private Servers do not normally have your best interests in mind, and as stated there is NO customer support. Also, because these servers are not maintained by a staff of super computer nerds like at Blizzard, they are buggy, laggy and often unplayable.

Hope this helps you make a more informed decision for your self, it is your free time, don’t let people scare you into thinking a video game is as dangerous and destructive as other things in life.
      12-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #8
asian010
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

if u play on free server. i hope your a pro. lol or you'll die once you spawn.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 09:50 PM   #9
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi330xi View Post
If you get "hooked" it’s your own deal... just as if you were an alcoholic or a drug user, its all about self control and moderation. The reason so many people get "hooked" is because it is a really cheap from of entertainment ($0.50 a day roughly) and quite honestly I would rather play this exhilarating game than mindlessly watch TV. You can still play the game on a casual level though and not dump that much time and/or energy into it.

In fact with the new expansion the entire game is tuned for casual play, you no longer need a perfect group to do things, you no longer need to find 40 other people for end game, you can invest 3-5 hours a week in Arena combat and come out with decent gear. There is even a Recruit-A-Friend deal where you are pretty much given levels 1-60. So, don't believe this "huge time sink" argument or the "addicting as heroin" spiel... it is as much as you let it be.

On that note... NEVER NEVER NEVER PLAY ON A FREE (Private) SERVER! Private servers are not only illegal (and against Blizzards ToS), it is a great way to have your account hacked and/or identity stolen. If Blizzard Entertainment finds out you are playing on a Private Server they will Perma-Ban your account, the people running these Private Servers do not normally have your best interests in mind, and as stated there is NO customer support. Also, because these servers are not maintained by a staff of super computer nerds like at Blizzard, they are buggy, laggy and often unplayable.

Hope this helps you make a more informed decision for your self, it is your free time, don’t let people scare you into thinking a video game is as dangerous and destructive as other things in life.
Listen to this guy.

All you crybabies who blame WoW for your misery and addiction have no self-control OR will power and I feel sorry for you.

I've had WoW installed on my computer for nearly 4 years now. I am not addicted, do not play it like a fiend, and most importantly when I do play, I ENJOY IT.

By the way, WoTLC is a fantastic expansion. They really tried to make things interesting, not just rehash old stuff, and you can tell. Can't wait to start playing again after finals.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #10
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

www.gamesites200.com

Private servers there, but nothing is like the real experience. Plus, the private servers are not all up to date, GMs can ban you just because they don't like you...etc..

BUT you get to play with High rates, and some servers have decent drops, etc....

it's a Win/Lose situation...
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2008, 09:45 AM   #11
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

WoW is only a serious time sink when you start raiding. As raiding is a double edged sword. Have to have gear and be consistent for a raid group to take you with them, in order to spend more time and get better gear. This cycle is what makes poeple addicted to the game and play for such insanely long hours in a single bout.

If you are cool with not raiding, then it is absolutely possible to not spend much time in WoW at all. Aside from leveling.

Thats pretty much all I'll say on that. Whether you play, get addicted, or get hacked is your own perogative.