E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > High pitched squeal/whistle on boost - 2006 330D

03-09-2018, 08:14 AM   #1
clicks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 330D

High pitched squeal/whistle on boost - 2006 330D

Hi all,

I have searched the forum up&down but cannot find anything that relates to my specific problem.

I have a 2006 E90 330D and over the past couple of months have been experiencing a really strange issue..

When the car is cold, on boost there is a loud squeal/whistle which is coming from under the hood. I can't seem to pinpoint exactly where it's coming from. My initial thoughts were a cracked manifold as I had a fumey smell coming into the cabin. I had my mechanic check the manifold and he says visibly there is no apparent cracks.

I don't seem to be down on power but it is a possibility, maybe I have just gotten used to it. It's not as apparent when the car warms up.

I will try to get a video from inside the car and hopefully someone has experienced similar or come across it before.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0