E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Philadelphia

10-12-2006, 07:34 PM   #67
phx08
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MKV Jetta

bmw2 check your i. box bro.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2006, 07:48 PM   #68
BimmerX
Rep
Drives: 325i

Thumbs up Hey

hey guys, It's good to see alot of people on the forum from this area.....nice to read your point of views about bimmers........
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2006, 08:23 PM   #69
phx08
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Welcome aboard Bimmer, nice to see some more people joining from our area, are you planning on buying the new body style?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2006, 08:02 AM   #70
MainlineE90man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx08
Also, anyone here have any experiences with other dealerships then Devon Hill?..which i think now has the stingiest test driving habits ever..
Twice wasn't enough? how' bout the drive @ Otto's ? why should I drive with you if you do not like our pricing?

E90 330i
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2006, 08:35 AM   #71
Dr Noelle
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 332

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuwok
Gladwyne resident here. Waiting for Monaco 335 on order from West German.

I currently drive a 2003 325i, fully loaded. My lease is up in early Oct. and found out yesterday that my sunroof motor is either dead or dying a slow death. Anyone ever hear of this problem and if so how much am I talking about? West German said "if its what I think it is you're not going to be happy...~ $1,200:mad:

Find a BMW Recycler and buy a used part... 1200 is too much...
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2006, 09:25 AM   #72
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Plymouth Volare

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainlineE90man
Twice wasn't enough? how' bout the drive @ Otto's ? why should I drive with you if you do not like our pricing?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2006, 09:49 AM   #73
MainlineE90man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Noelle
Find a BMW Recycler and buy a used part... 1200 is too much...
Didn't you see that he got it fixed?

E90 330i
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2006, 09:54 AM   #74
JackMac
Recovering BMW Addict
Scotland
Rep
Drives: <OO (|||)(|||) OO>

Garage List
Well, I just drove an E92 335 at Otto's this morning. No appointment, no problem, no delay, went out on my own with the car.

BMW Service was fine too, if a bit overdone. There is a valet when you arrive, and they do a walk-around inspection of your car with you to note any scratches/dings, that sort of thing. They scan your key and your car's vital data get automatically input into their computer system. Then you go inside and get signed in at the reception desk. Then you sit down and get your paperwork with one of the four service managers.

Going back next Friday for MINI service. They operate the BMW/MINI sales and service departments independently.

On the 335 test drive, it was nice, but not enough to make me want to upgrade early from my E90 330i. Yes it has a bit more power, but otherwise it is basically the same car.

Still thinking E90 335xi will be the way to go. You really can use the AWD to put the power down of the N54 motor.

Like Devon Hill, Otto's is near MSRP for an E92 335 due to early demand. They will discount on the 328, in the area of $1000 off sticker. This will improve in the coming months.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2006, 09:58 AM   #75
MainlineE90man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMac
Like Devon Hill, Otto's is near MSRP for an E92 335 due to early demand. They will discount on the 328, in the area of $1000 off sticker. This will improve in the coming months.
I'm glad to see that we are all on the same page.....

E90 330i
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2006, 10:06 AM   #76
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, I just drove an E92 335 at Otto's this morning. No appointment, no problem, no delay, went out on my own with the car.

BMW Service was fine too, if a bit overdone. There is a valet when you arrive, and they do a walk-around inspection of your car with you to note any scratches/dings, that sort of thing. They scan your key and your car's vital data get automatically input into their computer system. Then you go inside and get signed in at the reception desk. Then you sit down and get your paperwork with one of the four service managers.

Going back next Friday for MINI service. They operate the BMW/MINI sales and service departments independently.

On the 335 test drive, it was nice, but not enough to make me want to upgrade early from my E90 330i. Yes it has a bit more power, but otherwise it is basically the same car.

Still thinking E90 335xi will be the way to go. You really can use the AWD to put the power down of the N54 motor.

I got 750$ off msrp right off the bat because it was my second bmw purchase at Ottos and then another 500$ on top of that. I'm sure better deals can be had if you wait 6 mos. I'm just impatient

As for AWD being able to put the power down better, this is true to some degree, but on average you lose about a second 0-60 on the XI's due to parasitic drivetrain losses. If you plan on modding your 335 to make 400+hp, I'd say the AWD would be worth it, otherwise I'd get the RWD version. I haven't experienced much wheel spin at WOT.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2006, 11:00 AM   #77
JackMac
Recovering BMW Addict
Scotland
Rep
Drives: <OO (|||)(|||) OO>

Garage List
Zeroday,

Good point, I initially thought about the extra weight and power loss thru the AWD too. We'll see. LSD might solve it too.

Regarding 335 wheelspin, ETC and DSC intervened and reduced power or applied individual breaks. I turned them off briefly during the test drive, and it was a wheel spin and tire smoke party at WOT.

Thanks also for sharing your pricing. I'll wait a bit (already have the E90) but certainly understand your desire to get one now. I also have the BMW CCA Rewards rebate for when the time comes.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2006, 01:21 PM   #78
andr00
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 328i

Quote:
Yea, I got my E92 328 from Otto's for $1k under. Didn't really bother shopping around because I figured the other dealers in the area would probably give me similar numbers.

Off Topic: For those who use Otto's for service, how is it? I'm trying to convince my father, who takes his 525 to Union Park to switch to Otto's (just because I got mine there ) but I'd like to be able to say "they'll take better care of you" too, for his and my sake.
      10-13-2006, 02:03 PM   #79
phx08
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When it comes to dropping 40K on a car, i think twice is the atleast a minimum to the test drive you should get, (also the first one was on the 328, not the 335)...takes months to make 40K and only a few minutes to spend it, so i think that customer has the right to get as many test drives as he/she wants in a reasonable amount<-- added that in there to be policitcally correct. As for the pricing, the price you gave me was perfectly alright, and today as a matter of fact (Friday 13) thats why i made the appointment with you do put in the order. The price wasn't a factor in this deal, rather the treatment from the CA was a bigger factor, i'm not going to deal with a person who has a sterotypical point of view on customers. Simple as that, BTW Sticker price, i was willing to pay that, but the way that you talked on the phone seemed like i was buying a Suzuki from you rather then a BMW.

Actually as a matter of fact, i get better customer service from Nordstrom then i did from you....

So the moral of the story is, pick a good CA and walk out if they go on a ego trip.

Last edited by phx08; 10-13-2006 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2006, 04:26 PM   #80
MainlineE90man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx08
As for the pricing, the price you gave me was perfectly alright, and today as a matter of fact (Friday 13) thats why i made the appointment with you do put in the order. The price wasn't a factor in this deal, rather the treatment from the CA was a bigger factor, i'm not going to deal with a person who has a sterotypical point of view on customers. Simple as that, BTW Sticker price, i was willing to pay that, but the way that you talked on the phone seemed like i was buying a Suzuki from you rather then a BMW.

Actually as a matter of fact, i get better customer service from Nordstrom then i did from you....

So the moral of the story is, pick a good CA and walk out if they go on a ego trip.
ok, thanks for the kick.....
So why did you hang- up on me? you said you wanted to talk pricing, I said that we were not discounting the car....you hung up....
I spent 2 hours with a customer that was not mine....I spoke about my product well, and I did such a good job, you wanted me and not the other CA.
I never said not to come in, I said I did not want to test drive you any longer if you were buying elsewhere, and since you have been posting about otto's test drive, I did not want to spin my wheels (my time is money to me)
I thank you for trying to throw me under the BUS to my manager, as well as throwing Ralph (otto's) under the BUS to his manager, we appreciate it. Good thing our manager know the truth, I had a day off, sorry I didn't call you back, but you know I did as soon as I walked in that day, just to have my manager tell me you complained....you jumped off of the other CA on her day off, what makes me not think you would do it again?
I never went on an ego trip, I simple posed a question to you..... what's even more funny is you said not to buy from otto's, but you continue to shop them. Don't you think we fellow CA's know one another?
Say what you like about me, say what you want about my store, or another store, but know this one thing....I wouldn't have a 98.7% C.S.I score if I didn't do my job correctly, I would have survived this business so long if I was on an ego trip, and more importantly, three of the major dealerships in this area wouldn't have made me offer to work there, when I was looking to transfer, enless I was worth it.
I will be more than glad to help anyone, even you still....but know that I am fair and resonable as long as you respect my time and effort. I am a business man, let's act like business men.

E90 330i
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2006, 07:29 PM   #81
NovaBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 325i 6MT

Quote:
ok, thanks for the kick.....
So why did you hang- up on me? you said you wanted to talk pricing, I said that we were not discounting the car....you hung up....
I spent 2 hours with a customer that was not mine....I spoke about my product well, and I did such a good job, you wanted me and not the other CA.
I never said not to come in, I said I did not want to test drive you any longer if you were buying elsewhere, and since you have been posting about otto's test drive, I did not want to spin my wheels (my time is money to me)
I thank you for trying to throw me under the BUS to my manager, as well as throwing Ralph (otto's) under the BUS to his manager, we appreciate it. Good thing our manager know the truth, I had a day off, sorry I didn't call you back, but you know I did as soon as I walked in that day, just to have my manager tell me you complained....you jumped off of the other CA on her day off, what makes me not think you would do it again?
I never went on an ego trip, I simple posed a question to you..... what's even more funny is you said not to buy from otto's, but you continue to shop them. Don't you think we fellow CA's know one another?
Say what you like about me, say what you want about my store, or another store, but know this one thing....I wouldn't have a 98.7% C.S.I score if I didn't do my job correctly, I would have survived this business so long if I was on an ego trip, and more importantly, three of the major dealerships in this area wouldn't have made me offer to work there, when I was looking to transfer, enless I was worth it.
I will be more than glad to help anyone, even you still....but know that I am fair and resonable as long as you respect my time and effort. I am a business man, let's act like business men.
Oh man, where's the Philly love?
      10-14-2006, 08:36 AM   #82
MainlineE90man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaBimmer
Oh man, where's the Philly love?
That's what I was wondering.....

E90 330i
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2006, 09:41 AM   #83
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So he went on two test drives and wanted another one

oh man i don't envy you sales guys.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2006, 10:15 AM   #84
MainlineE90man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroday
So he went on two test drives and wanted another one

oh man i don't envy you sales guys.
I'm catching a bashing over this from everyone........
Two test drives, one 328 one 335, on his profile he says he owns a 328, which is the car he wants so why sould I drive a 335 with you again? because it's manual? He also contacted other dealers and went to otto's to drive.....and is complaining about sticker pricing.....
I feel like a professional test driver, this car has brought everyone outta the woodwork, especially in the import world..... I know it's my job...ok, but enough is enough....
I have other work to do.. like postings...

E90 330i
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2006, 10:24 AM   #85
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep

i wasn't bashing you
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2006, 12:12 PM   #86
MainlineE90man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroday
i wasn't bashing you
Not you.....We are cool

I was refering to other in general...... not specific.......

E90 330i
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2006, 04:13 PM   #87
phx08
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm catching a bashing over this from everyone........
Two test drives, one 328 one 335, on his profile he says he owns a 328, which is the car he wants so why sould I drive a 335 with you again? because it's manual? He also contacted other dealers and went to otto's to drive.....and is complaining about sticker pricing.....
I feel like a professional test driver, this car has brought everyone outta the woodwork, especially in the import world..... I know it's my job...ok, but enough is enough....
I have other work to do.. like postings...

The test drive matter, ok..maybe it was a bit much, but you have to decide if u want manual or auto..wasn't about to make that mistake again. As for the dealers i contacted....i don't think you have the right to deter me from contacting another dealership..maybe thats just me, but i never said i was strictly going to deal with Ottos and i wasn't complaining about sticker price, like i said before if you didn't sound like you were doing ME a huge favor by selling me the car; when you talked to me on the phone, right now you would have had the order in for the car.....

Issue's worthless, drop it.

Zeroday, maybe you just have a little bit of an extra cashflow and you don't care/think much about spending 40K on a car, but i think that you should atleast get a drive even around the parking lot to see if you want that car in Auto or Manual.....if you can't do that, then maybe its another opinion you have of the person that leads you to treat them the way you do..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2006, 05:01 PM   #88
andr00
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 328i

Quote:
as well as throwing Ralph (otto's) under the BUS to his manager
:mad: who's knocking Ralph? He was a great CA, I have nothing but good things to say about him.