E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Best & Worst dealer for Service in NJ

09-08-2011, 01:17 PM   #45
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

From personal experience:

Best- Paul Miller BMW
Worst- Park Ave BMW (Will never and suggest to everyone to never bring them business again)

Honorable mentions: I've heard good things about JMK and Morristown BMW also
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #46
i own an e90
chief general
Rep
Drives: e90 white on black manual 6spd

i go to the one in bloomfield....they're reliable and their service center is awesome..cuz u can actually see them working from inside the waiting room cuz they have a glass window =)
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #47
Eppieguy
Rep
Drives: 08 328XI

Old thread but good to update. I posted in another thread about Bridgewater BMW (Hunterdon BMW) denying my warranty work due to thier "Assumption" that the 2 issues I am having is due to the accident that was 25k ago and 2 years ago. They actually used the word "Assume" when they told me they wouldn't take it apart unless I paid them to do so. I buy and maintain the vehicles that my company owns which is (2) S550's (2) LS460's (1) GS350 (1) RX350 (2) G37's and (85) Chevy Vans and I have never heard a dealer tell me since the vehicle was damaged they assume thats why there is another problem. They also gave me a filthy loaner car and didn't even clean my car while they had it! Even Chevy washes my vans when they are in for service and the high end dealers really clean up the cars and I have never gotten a dirty loaner. I'm shocked at the poor service at Bridgewater BMW. I guess I'll try JMK next unless somebody else has a better suggestion.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #48
billiebob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i

I'm keeping score and so far Paul Miller gets no hatred.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 08:07 PM   #49
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@AUTOcouture View Post
From personal experience:

Best- Paul Miller BMW
Worst- Park Ave BMW (Will never and suggest to everyone to never bring them business again)

Honorable mentions: I've heard good things about JMK and Morristown BMW also
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
I'm keeping score and so far Paul Miller gets no hatred.
Park Ave has it's days, but I would say 1 good day to 10 bad days.
However, during the snow storm this year in October, my car was misfiring and I needed to bring it in urgently or I would be left without a car. Paul Miller BMW does not give out loaners on weekends and without an appointment. Park Ave had a BMW loaner ready for me and fixed the issue.

HOWEVER, I do not like their service department and they are full of lies. When my shocks were leaking oil, they refused to changed them, said they looked fine, etc. They made me go in multiple times to show them the problem because the mechanic could never replicate any of my issues, without me going for a drive with them, basically turning off the music and telling them to 'listen, can you hear that? good." Pathetic.

I got sick and tired of them and took my car to Paul Miller when Sal told me about them. I didn't even need to go for drives with them or go over issues 10 times. They found the issues themselves or easily replicated what I told them and we called it a day. They have great loaners too, but the only negative about the dealership is that you have to schedule an appointment 1-2 weeks ahead of time to get a loaner.

That's a bit absurd because it's fine if I'm just going in for regular maintenance, but if it's an issue such as a misfire, fuel pump, flat tires, etc., the issues can't really wait 1-2 weeks since I daily drive my car and don't have alternate transportation.

Anyway, at the end of the day, I still recommend Paul Miller and would gladly travel the extra 20-30 minutes to get there. (Park ave is 20 min from me, Paul Miller is 50 min).
      12-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #50
hoboken
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

JMK is pretty good. My gf takes her car there all the time and she's never had a problem.

Prestige isn't bad either.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #51
s3ries
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17' M3

park ave:

numerous occasions, go in for rear break squeaking -- couldnt replicate noise everytime.

wastegate rattle, which is getting worse and worse... friends keep nagging me saying i drive a 50k car, with "problems" ----"bmw said the software is up todate and cant fix it reguarding there specs, noise is normal" time to bring it to paull miller.

o and walked in with fuel injector recall "we dont got any bmws for you for loaner, but we have this ford..... lady behind me, which is my next door neighbor, brought her car in way after me, and standing behind me in line then for loaner, drives away with a bmw......

other than that, great service, car washed and cleaned inside perfectly, couldnt ask for better
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #52
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Yeah forget BMW of bridgewater...bought a car from them when it was hunterdon in June and am fighting them on a tire that had a plug in it. Jmk seems fine but I rarely get an appt right away...I call morristown they take me right away and a loaner car...plus the receptionists are hot! Edison thinks they sh*t ice cream...I'll never go there again.
      12-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #53
Juiced1M
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Prestige is accommodating.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #54
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Bmw of turnersville has been good so far.. Megan is awesome they replaced my headlight with Lux in there still under warranty
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown (sold)
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #55
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

Park Ave told one of my customers that wastegate rattle is a built-in feature to remove carbon buildup from the turbochargers. ARE YOU F'n KIDDING ME?!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #56
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

After working in BMW dealers for 15 yrs of my life....this is all very entertaining!

(FYI-my boy Mike is S/A at Open Road, drop my name if anyone needs anything)
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #57
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@AUTOcouture View Post
Park Ave told one of my customers that wastegate rattle is a built-in feature to remove carbon buildup from the turbochargers. ARE YOU F'n KIDDING ME?!
They told me my headlights not auto-leveing was normal because they just updated my software.

Brought it in to Paul Miller and they just reset the sensor and they worked fine.

They love pulling stories out of their ass.
      12-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #58
Aggression
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 12' CTS Coupe

Not exactly Central Jersey, but BMW Atlantic City has been good to me since I bought my 335i from them. I've gotten a loaner everytime I've gone there, even for simple oil changes.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #59
f30er
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85

Garage List
Just wanted to add on here, got my oil changed at Bloomfield yesterday for $60 including tax. For an oil change is was fine, but I spent close to an hour walking around the showroom and lot and not a single person approached me. I've got 96k on my car and think she's run a good course. Also, the SA wasn't very friendly at all maybe cuz it was Friday evening and he wanted to go home?

Overall, $60 for an oil change is a steal! Staff could use some work though...

EDIT: Oh, totally forgot, they didn't reset any of my alerts. They were supposed to do the customary inspection like check for leaks, check fluid levels, etc., but they did absolutely nothing but change the oil and filter. How do I know? Big glass window looking into service bay!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #60
Lowkey335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 335i/04 e46 M3/11 SRX-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLakers91tc View Post
really?
I've had nothing but good experiences with Princeton BMW (the new quaker bridge location mostly)
But then again I usually know exactly what I need to get done, and have a house account at parts, so I don't buy into any bullshit that they could potentially spring onto an owner who wasn't as mechanically inclined.

They are pretty good with loaners and have my car back to me with exactly what i needed done.
Yeah Princeton was pretty good to me as well. Had a bad injector driving to work and just showed up there like a half hour later, they hooked me up and only sat for about an hour.....all warranty, no questions. They have been very good to my gf with her 328xi as well.

Open Road Edison is terrible, they would not fix a headlight leveler for me when it broke for no reason, claimed car was in accident, it was not ever. Called BMWNA and their service manager called me 5+ times stroking me for buisness. They sucked and their tech didnt know shit, terrible customer service and kept me there for 3 hours.

Freehold BMW was by far the best dealer I ever dealt with in regards to service and warranty. They gave me the gold extended for almost 700 off regular price. I got to choose any car as loaner....i had a 335d, 550xi (my favorite ever) a 328 vert, and any 335 config you could think. When I had my 07 e92 335i in there for service. I did have an outstanding SA and I did tip him and throw him bottles of good bourbon every once in a while!!!! I always tipped them and they were exceptional!!

In my honest opinion here, for my whole life I always believed that the guys that work in auto dealerships (sales) are the lowest form of scum on the earth, and most still are......They are there to fuck you the hardest----case closed. Most service techs dont know shit either......but in the BMW dealerships above, I saw a major difference in what I thought was the norm.

Last edited by Lowkey335; 05-12-2012 at 12:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #61
Lowkey335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 335i/04 e46 M3/11 SRX-4

s3ries;11048482]park ave:

wastegate rattle, which is getting worse and worse... friends keep nagging me saying i drive a 50k car, with "problems" ----"bmw said the software is up todate and cant fix it reguarding there specs, noise is normal" time to bring it to paull miller.

Exactly the reason why I sold my 335! Generally a "not-so-great" car. Its amazing what lies we tell ourselves to other people to explain why a $50k plus car sees a dealer so many times. I had mine for a numbing 3 years....I loved driving it when it behaved, but honestly BMW quality is going down the toilet for sure.

Do you guys know that the 335 is the car with the most dealer-buybacks and dealer-assisted sales in the history of BMW? BMW needs to stay NA and dump the FI dreams until they get it right.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #62
infinitigor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3C, 2010 E350

I like paul miller, quick service & first class service, car always felt better when i left the dealer. Had a bunch of warranty stuff done, and had a few peeling parts replaced which made me happy.

They also have coffee/tea, a nice showroom of cars, and a nice waiting area.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #63
eogintz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi coupe

Based on my experiences; Freehold (not good)
Princeton (OK)
Flemington (outstanding)
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #64
i own an e90
chief general
Rep
Drives: e90 white on black manual 6spd

go to bmw in bloomfield, nothin bad but good stuff ....you can also see what the mechanics are doing with your car because they're lounge area oversees their bay area.... =)
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #65
amdou
Rep
Drives: Bmw 2012 328i

So park ave is worst?????
Am getting new 328i from them in 2 weeks, right now on ship. I hope I will have better experience with them. BTW can I move to different dealer for future maintaince/service/issue?
Any suggestion?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #66
spinny
Private
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 / 335i

Park ave is horrible. Heres a list of issues ive had with my m5.

Went in 3 times for my mirror not returning to its correct place after going from reverse to drive.
Over filled my oil on an oil change
Underfilled my oil on an oil change
Did not put the oil fil cap on properly on a top off... Oil everywhere
Did not use fender mats, scratched fenders
Left grease all over my engine
Fixed a bearing in my steering wheel, 2 weeks later the noise is back

Terrible service but my SA is cool. Will not be going back, had enough with them.
Appreciate 0