E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Hope you wont get this... from a service center down south

02-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #1
pikoy1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i coupe

Thumbs down Hope you wont get this... from a service center down south

This is my latest experience. I might be starting a blog for everytime i bring my car in for service - something happens everytime.

here is my story: an email back to the service manager.

I am also greatful that the company is trying to get in touch with their customers. Unfortunately, the problem i have did not get fixed. I was told this is a known issue and the company does not cover this type of issues.

I brought my car in for a check since the water jet in the hood is not functioning properly. It does not spurt water the way it should be. After I was told it was ok... drove out; while on US 1 i noticed its still not working. I brought it back. When i got back, I was told of what the problem was.... at this point, i was also told this is not covered under warranty and BMW knows of the problem. What happened to the 4 years of warranty, maybe i did not look at the fine print? As i write this email, the water jet that i came in for, is not working at all. Its not spurting anything.

I also asked to have the engine OIL replaced, when i checked it... was already really dark, but was told i still have 4,000 miles to go. I asked if it can be changed as I will be out of the country for two months and would not like to leave that dirty oil in. I was told that yes it can be changed for the price of 260 plus USD. But will change the filter since its due.

I am not a mechanic, but I always change my OIL and filter together. And My old car company did also.

When i did my reservation, i explained that i need a loaner. The lady that took my reservation, politely explained the rules... if not two hours then "no". I said ok. But she will reserve one - just in case. When i got there and asked... there was none available.

Thank you for replacing my wipers though. They are working perfectly.

Hope to hear anything from you. Thank you again.

--- On Thu, 2/5/09, South BMW <BMWAppointments@southbmw.com> wrote:
Subject: Status of your car
To: , Dxx.wxxxxx@southbmw.com
Date: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 3:33 PM

We are grateful that you have recently serviced your vehicle with us and simply wish to insure that you were delighted with all aspects of your service experience. On the rare occasion that we have fallen short of gaining your complete satisfaction, please respond to this email using the subject "Need contact". We will respond promptly.

Thank you,

Cxxxx Dxxxx,
Service Manager
South Motors
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #2
92tripleblack
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 AW Saddle, Spt, Prem

Windshield washer sprayer should be covered unless it is physically broken from a damaging event like a kid snapped it off. Just not working should be covered. Never heard of that one before.
Oil is 15k. Sitting around won't do anything. Oil should last 6-12 months depending on the type. Our synthetic on the 12 month+ side. Filters break down before the oil at this point.

How many miles on the oil and find another dealer for the sprayer if that one won't fix. Report to BMW HQ.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2009, 05:30 AM   #3
Tony717
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
My e90 had the water jet problem and it was found that it was the water pump for the washer fluid, they replaced it and hasn't stop working ever since; replaced under warranty as well.

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #4
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikoy1 View Post
This is my latest experience. I might be starting a blog for everytime i bring my car in for service - something happens everytime.

here is my story: an email back to the service manager.

I am also greatful that the company is trying to get in touch with their customers. Unfortunately, the problem i have did not get fixed. I was told this is a known issue and the company does not cover this type of issues.

I brought my car in for a check since the water jet in the hood is not functioning properly. It does not spurt water the way it should be. After I was told it was ok... drove out; while on US 1 i noticed its still not working. I brought it back. When i got back, I was told of what the problem was.... at this point, i was also told this is not covered under warranty and BMW knows of the problem. What happened to the 4 years of warranty, maybe i did not look at the fine print? As i write this email, the water jet that i came in for, is not working at all. Its not spurting anything.

I also asked to have the engine OIL replaced, when i checked it... was already really dark, but was told i still have 4,000 miles to go. I asked if it can be changed as I will be out of the country for two months and would not like to leave that dirty oil in. I was told that yes it can be changed for the price of 260 plus USD. But will change the filter since its due.

I am not a mechanic, but I always change my OIL and filter together. And My old car company did also.

When i did my reservation, i explained that i need a loaner. The lady that took my reservation, politely explained the rules... if not two hours then "no". I said ok. But she will reserve one - just in case. When i got there and asked... there was none available.

Thank you for replacing my wipers though. They are working perfectly.

Hope to hear anything from you. Thank you again.

--- On Thu, 2/5/09, South BMW <BMWAppointments@southbmw.com> wrote:
Subject: Status of your car
To: , Dxx.wxxxxx@southbmw.com
Date: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 3:33 PM

We are grateful that you have recently serviced your vehicle with us and simply wish to insure that you were delighted with all aspects of your service experience. On the rare occasion that we have fallen short of gaining your complete satisfaction, please respond to this email using the subject "Need contact". We will respond promptly.

Thank you,

Cxxxx Dxxxx,
Service Manager
South Motors
I would DEFINITELY contact someone over this guy ........... I ahte it when they send out the prewritten response such as the one you received. Basically they're saying "I don't have time to read/deal with your complaint so send it to the other department" ......

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 11:46 PM   #5
sdeprima
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

I live in Miami too, you're going to the wrong dealership my friend. Braman gives much better service. I am probably like you in that I live closer to South Motors, but I always make the trip to Braman. South Motors is garbage. Many bad experiences there over the past ten years.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 12:40 AM   #6
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

We were going to buy a car at South BMW, perfect color combo, miles, cpo, whole nine yards. But the sales guy on the phone was a total douche about it. Saying its perfect (missing trunk mat) and they wont budge on the price. So I called back, got a different sales guy and once again, they basically threw me on some "meh list".
      02-17-2009, 07:43 PM   #7
jaza45
Banned
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2008 LSB E90 335I

yeah south motors service sucks, the onlyl reason I go is to see my boy alex at the parts dept...next time try to get karina to help you out...she's kool
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2009, 12:13 PM   #8
pikoy1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i coupe

Angry

up until now i havent received an email back from that manager. what a lousy service center that is.
Appreciate 0