E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Diagnostic machine

01-11-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
Dan-danGT
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M-Sport

Diagnostic machine

Hi guys, just a quick one. I have a snap on solus pro diagnostic machine. This morning I plugged it in to my 08 330d, well I found out that I can regenerate the dpf, code injectors and code a battery. Also I can see my services in a percentage and reset them all. Quite impressed as I did plug it in before but didn't see this lot!
My question is what software do you all use? I tried to find out through this forum but its hard to find an answer.

Some other things I can do, relearn/reset the gearbox and reset steering angle sensor. Only thing I can't see is dpf fill level or back pressure? Can you with a more specific software?

Don't know if any of that is of use to you all.

Cheers Dan
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 05:15 AM   #2
catcaca
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

www.vtoolshop.com this website contains many car diagnostic tool and software,if you want to know more details,you can visit it.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 03:32 AM   #3
ade146
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d sport auto

Launch X431 can do all that you ask which is what I use. There is also INPA with my laptop which i had to use recently after someone stuffed up my CAS module. That tends to have more BM specific functions but some of it is in German and it is not that intuative. It does have the potential for really messing up the car. Sometimes I just use an app on my phone. It really depends what you are trying to do.
A snap-on modus is worth half of my car.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 03:40 AM   #4
Dan-danGT
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M-Sport

I bought the machine about a year or two ago, it's Ben used quite alot. It won't do any learning on the engine. I was looking for a bmw specific software that works with all my control units. Can you advice were to buy inpa?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #5
james520
Rep
Drives: bmw

Launch X431 is a good choice
you can buy it from http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
or
http://www.diyobd2.fr/wholesale/laun...stic-appareil/
Appreciate 0