E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Einszett Klima Cleaner

08-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #23
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about this product.

I CANNOT get it down the center vents - if you can, then good for you, and proceed to spray. I've applied it through the driver's side vent, 1st time everything was OK, but second time I could see it foaming up inside the vent... I'm refraining from using this any more, next time I'm going for Wynns Aircomatic III + Ozone odor elimination.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #24
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

I generally have had good luck using products from the intake side of the system under the hood with the system running. It may not apply to the 1Z product. Of course it would be best to take enough things apart to be able to spray product directly on the evaporator coil fins themselves, but that's generally not practical. When the system is off, the IHKA closes all vent flaps. If you follow the 1Z instructions literally this is probably why you can't get down the vents. The system may have to be on but with the fan on minimum so all of the product doesn't get sprayed back into your face.

You have to jump through a couple of hoops to do this from the intake side, including ensuring that you get both the evaporator and heater core sprayed, and that the system doesn't go into automatic recirc (no lights are illuminated to tell you when the system does this, it just does it) when doing the AC because of a large difference between setpoint and ambient/inside temperature.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #25
cpe90
nemo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Garage List
2008 E90 Sedan  [0.00]
Hi guys,
I just had my car inspected for 50k miles and one of the item is "Noticed AC odor" so the recommended action is to do HVAC service for $130 ().

Will this thing a better alternative than HVAC service?

I like DIY and this seems easy.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #26
basacowan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335 XDrive Coupe

I used Einzett and the tube went completely down the center vent. I made sure the recirc button opened allowed the tube to enter.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 06:48 AM   #27
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

Klima-Cleaner Air Conditioning Cleaner

Product Application

• Turn off ignition, air conditioning and fan system and adjust fan position to recirculation and make sure it is NOT on the 'foot' or 'defrost' position.
• Shake can well for one minute to ensure proper foaming of product when dispensed.
• Attach the supplied spray tube to aerosol can and insert end of tube into centre (as this is the closest the evaporator core) air conditioner vent located on the dash in the cockpit interior.
• Ensure that system is in recirculation mode, which allows the tube to enter.
• With tube fully inserted in vent, press trigger to dispense contents.
• DO NOT invert can when dispensing. As you spray, the thick foam solution will travel through the air vents towards the evaporator (the source of odour causing elements).
• After dispensing product, wait 20 minutes for product to clean the system. Then, open doors to allow fresh air to enter vehicle.
• After about 30 minutes, you’ll smell a fresh, citrus scent throughout the passenger cabin. The scent only lasts for about 12 hours, but the air will be free of odours for months

An extract from a TOGWT® Autopia Detailing Wiki Article - “Air Conditioner Cleaning” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-d...ml#post1447731

TOGWT® Autopia Detailing Wiki Articles, these informational resources contain everything you’ll ever want to know about automotive detailing and are an invaluable addition to your detailing knowledge base -. http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...yperlinks.html

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 12:18 AM   #28
cpe90
nemo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Garage List
2008 E90 Sedan  [0.00]
Thanks guys!
It's only $15 from amazon so I'm going to give it a shot.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #29
StLMO
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 M5, 2015 Z4 35is

Garage List
2017 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2015 BMW Z4 35is  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_o_S View Post
Hi guys,

has anyone successfully used this on a E90? I tried going down the center vent, but I can only get approx. 10 cm in, there is something blocking me from going further. Side vents are OK, but I'm afraid they're connected to the footwell vents, so anything down those will just drain out into the footwells.

Also, the BMW TIS for aircon disinfection states you should remove the front underbody protection before you disinfect - why so?

Any help greatly appreciated!
I know this is an old thread but hopefully this can help others get rid of musty a/c. Ordered a can of Kool-it from Amazon to disinfected my evaporator. You don't need to go through the drain. I was able to get the tube that came with the kit through the center vent. First you'll have to turn on your a/c and off again cause the car closes off the vent a few minutes after the car is turned off. Immediately start snaking the tube down the vent with the car off. You'll be able to get about 2 feet of tubing down the vent. Then connect the can and empty the entire can down the vent. Wait about 20 minutes and follow the product's instructions. You'll notice fluid coming out under the car in a couple minutes. Hope this helps. And if you get the tube stuck, start the a/c and quickly tug the tube back up so you don't chance damaging the squirrel fan but not 100% sure whether or not the fan is near the center.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 06:18 PM   #30
tc535i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2001 330i, 1995 M3

Very interesting, may need to run a can thru my car. You learn something every day!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #31
mg4734
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M-Sport Coupe

FWIW, I just removed the center trim piece when I did this to my car a couple weeks ago, so I could see where to insert the tube. I also removed the trim around the shifter and went through the ducting for the rear vents, since they seem to run very close to the evaporator. Worked fine. I put 1 can through the vents, and 1 through the intake side. I've been having this issue for a while, so hopefully 2 cans of the stuff resolves it. So far so good
2009 E92 335i M-Sport - MHD Stage One - BMW Performance Exhaust - BMS Oil Catch Can - CDV Delete - K&N Panel Filter - Arc Angel H8 bulbs - Gloss Black Kidney Grills - Painted Reflectors - VRSF Charge Pipe
Appreciate 0