E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Squeaking sound in front wheel area and clutch sqeek...

11-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
Cryingsuns
You lack creativity...
Rep
Drives: 335i Manual....

Squeaking sound in front wheel area and clutch sqeek...

First.....Okay so I have at least 50% on my brakes still. I have this skipping squeaking sound. I don't have it when I'm on the breaks....and my breaks work good.. sometimes its there and most of the time its after I have been driving a bit. I thought it may be my break sensor but with 50% of my pad left? WTF..I did a search on this too but I wanted better info. The link below is exactly what my car does!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIdUSshfYys

Second while I'm here: My clutch will not stop squeaking either super annoying as well. I WD40 that biatch to no avail...any suggestions..thanks.

Lastly if I need a service on my car will the service light stay on after you've been driving? My yellow warning comes on for a second and then go's away.

Last edited by Cryingsuns; 11-30-2011 at 08:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
Blue Streak
Gunny
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i 6MT, 2016 F10 535

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [9.00]
Nice! Mine makes the same squeak in that video. The brake pad sensor probably needs to be adjusted. I'm replacing my brakes this weekend and installing a new sensor. I'll see how that works and report back. There is only one sensor per axle, so if it's the sensor it should be coming from the side the sensor is on. Otherwise there is some junk stuck between the pad and rotor.

Don't use WD40 as a lubricant. It's okay to use it to break something free, but it's also a solvent and dries then you get your squeaky clutch pedal again. Try something like a white lithium grease.
2007 E90 335i 6MT, ZSP, Nav, PDC, CA, Montego Blue, Terra Dakota leather, CDV, clutch-stop, E46 M Shift Knob, Logic HVI, JB4 PnP, MS 3" downpipes, Koni Yellow adjustable sport shocks, RE 12mm(f)/BMS 15mm(r) spacers, Blacklines, LUX 5.0 LED halo ring lights, DAEOS (Vista) harness, GP Thunder 7500k fogs, 35% sides-20% rear tint, matt black kidney grill, matt black 335i trunk badge
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

I recently just started getting the damn squeaking too!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
Cryingsuns
You lack creativity...
Rep

Thanks for the response. I was thinking about just getting new brake pads, the non-dusting or low dust ones, you have any suggestions? I guess this is a ongoing issue with e90's. I hate it.

Let me know how it go's!!

We need to find a solution for this and make it a sticky!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 10:08 PM   #5
europartconnect
Banned
Rep
Drives: e34, e30's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryingsuns View Post
Thanks for the response. I was thinking about just getting new brake pads, the non-dusting or low dust ones, you have any suggestions? I guess this is a ongoing issue with e90's. I hate it.

Let me know how it go's!!

We need to find a solution for this and make it a sticky!
Not going to make a difference, its the sensor making contact with the rotor. Starts to happen with 7mm of pad left(70%). We deal with it by removing the sensor and shaving it down a bit. Then reinstall.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 09:16 AM   #6
Cryingsuns
You lack creativity...
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by europartconnect View Post
Not going to make a difference, its the sensor making contact with the rotor. Starts to happen with 7mm of pad left(70%). We deal with it by removing the sensor and shaving it down a bit. Then reinstall.

Okay so I took off my drivers side wheel and grinded down the sensor and the squeeking is gone. It's a super quick fix and stated above from europartconnect. Thanks man!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #7
Lankster
Sigma Alpha Epsilon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Which part of the sensor do you shave down? The nub that makes contact on the rotor? I thought that when it makes contact it throws a "change brake pads" light?