Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Don't buy Renn Motorsport wheels

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

01-12-2016, 01:15 PM   #23
mmmnot
Custom User Title
Iran
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoye90 View Post
I'm just angry cause I've been screwed over so many time just on wheels alone. I'm also partially to blame myself for not researching more. First was with wheeldude then with sonic tuning. Well, no more next time I'm sticking to oem. What's funny is I have friends who have HRE, BBS, etc AND WHEN THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPEN THEY CALL THE COMPANY THEY PURCHASED IT FROM AND THEY'RE TAKEN CARED OFF RIGHT AWAY, FML.. Thanks fellas for the input..
I hate to sound like a jerk or like I'm beating a dead horse.. But that's why we buy BBS/HRE (insert "expensive" wheel brand here). Sure, you pay a lot - but the money is not only for the wheels. It's customer service. Interaction and ability to handle problems.

Probably the same reason I pay an annual fee on my American Express card. They always have my back.

Live and learn though, just save up and get a proper pair of wheels with a trusted reputation.
      01-12-2016, 01:32 PM   #24
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcheapoloco View Post
Nope, no iphone. I don't own ANY apple product.
Really, I was just using Apple as an example, because their products are popular and generally considered to be of high build quality. You can insert the name of whatever phone/tablet/computer you do use, and it is probably made in China.

Sorry to derail the thread.

To the OP: you just can't compare buying no-name wheels to high-quality brands with reputations (and prices) to match, like BBS and HRE. If the quality and customer experience was the same, why would anyone pay more?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 04:23 PM   #25
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

To the OP:

Hey buddy! I am truly sorry you feel this way. I definitely feel your disappointment and I understand your frustrastion, but the manufacturer, just like all other wheel manufacturers, doesn't cover wear and tear damages. Those damages would include bent wheels or even accidental knicks and scratches (as an example) due to the road.

We have offered you a special discount to help you replace the wheels at a much cheaper price you purchased them, but we do also inform our customers and our friends that have had this happen to them contact their state/county government if these damages were pothole related. Here in the county where out warehouse is located, the county reimburses for the damages related to potholes. Insurance is also a possibility if your deductible is lower than the special pricing we relayed to you.

I have also google'd your claims about numerous bent wheels with our brand, but those TWO claims have been resolved by us and both have reported their inability to safely avoid larger than normal potholes (one Mercedes and one Audi). I think one guy described the hole as, "Moon sized," LOL! Myself and Ray have contacted you numerous times to help you in this situation because customer service is in fact, our biggest priority.

Again, I do apologize for this inconvenience, but we do have different options and we look forward to helping you in this situation even though our warranty doesn't cover wear and tear/damages caused by the road, if you allow us.
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2016, 04:27 PM   #26
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 07-E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose_sonictuning
To the OP:

Hey buddy! I am truly sorry you feel this way. I definitely feel your disappointment and I understand your frustrastion, but the manufacturer, just like all other wheel manufacturers, doesn't cover wear and tear damages. Those damages would include bent wheels or even accidental knicks and scratches (as an example) due to the road.

We have offered you a special discount to help you replace the wheels at a much cheaper price you purchased them, but we do also inform our customers and our friends that have had this happen to them contact their state/county government if these damages were pothole related. Here in the county where out warehouse is located, the county reimburses for the damages related to potholes. Insurance is also a possibility if your deductible is lower than the special pricing we relayed to you.

I have also google'd your claims about numerous bent wheels with our brand, but those TWO claims have been resolved by us and both have reported their inability to safely avoid larger than normal potholes (one Mercedes and one Audi). I think one guy described the hole as, "Moon sized," LOL! Myself and Ray have contacted you numerous times to help you in this situation because customer service is in fact, our biggest priority.

Again, I do apologize for this inconvenience, but we do have different options and we look forward to helping you in this situation even though our warranty doesn't cover wear and tear/damages caused by the road, if you allow us.
Where is the discount offered this is the first time your company has ever tried to offer me customer service that mattered??? Below is a copy of your so called discount?/customer service...
What is your order number?

Warranty on wheels do not cover wear and tear.
In this ca?se, it would be the best to make a claim with the city and state if it was damaged from road fixture or pothole.

We can assist you writing up the estimate and invoice for the claim.

Chris,
Sonic Tuning
7851 Beechcraft Ave Ste.F
Gaithersburg MD 20879
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 04:40 PM   #27
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Where is the discount offered this is the first time your company has ever tried to offer me customer service that mattered??? Below is a copy of your so called discount?/customer service...
What is your order number?

Warranty on wheels do not cover wear and tear.
In this ca?se, it would be the best to make a claim with the city and state if it was damaged from road fixture or pothole.

We can assist you writing up the estimate and invoice for the claim.

Chris,
Sonic Tuning
7851 Beechcraft Ave Ste.F
Gaithersburg MD 20879
That's only our first email, where we gave one piece of advice to help resolve the problem because pothole problems are very numerous in our state, and many others, that many people have are unfortunately subjected to. Those states have a dedicated website for it. We have others emails and we have talked over the phone to help try to make ourselves as helpful as possible. If you would like even further assistance to resolve this situation as quickly possible, please call me or Ray; or e-mail us if you prefer that method.
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2016, 07:18 PM   #28
///Mposter
Macgyver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

I don't agree with asking for a discount for replacement when your car is slammed where it's riding on 2-3" of the inner portion of the wheel. All stress is on the inner barrel and not the external one to absorb an impact. The tread wear proves that you are too low and in addition the sidewall is small around /30/ that it doesn't help absorb impact .
It makes absolutely no difference if you spent money on BBS. The flow formed/ flow forged/ etc are meant to bend when damaged and not break into pieces. The wheel you have took the damage and bent in the appropriate situation.
      01-12-2016, 08:02 PM   #29
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mposter
I don't agree with asking for a discount for replacement when your car is slammed where it's riding on 2-3" of the inner portion of the wheel. All stress is on the inner barrel and not the external one to absorb an impact. The tread wear proves that you are too low and in addition the sidewall is small around /30/ that it doesn't help absorb impact .
It makes absolutely no difference if you spent money on BBS. The flow formed/ flow forged/ etc are meant to bend when damaged and not break into pieces. The wheel you have took the damage and bent in the appropriate situation.
///Mposter for someone who has a reputation as high as yours maybe you should really read everything first before you comment... This not about a discount this about the lack of customer service I received until I posted this and future possible customers such as yourself not to receive this type of treatment . This is also to get rid of all these crap companies that sell crap products and hide behind excuses to why their products fail more than others under NORMAL conditiions also my car is not slammed...... Thanks for your input
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 08:10 PM   #30
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep

Moving forward at least now everyone who reads this will think twice before buying anything from SONICTUNING.COM regardless.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 08:19 PM   #31
M335Xi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

I had great experience ordering from Sonic Tuning and had great costumer service in the past when I ran into issues with their coilovers for my previous 335xi.

I think you hit those potholes harder then you are telling us.
Appreciate 2
      01-12-2016, 08:23 PM   #32
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M335Xi
I had great experience ordering from Sonic Tuning and had great costumer service in the past when I ran into issues with their coilovers for my previous 335xi.

I think you hit those potholes harder then you are telling us.
Your right, here comes the sonictuning.scam Entourage...lmao, look at your rep who are you?!?!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 08:29 PM   #33
M335Xi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

I am not doing any scam dude just telling your how it is. Install your stock wheels back on and maybe a place could repair the bend on the other ones?
Appreciate 2
      01-12-2016, 09:20 PM   #34
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
i didnt know rep actually meant anything

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 3
      01-12-2016, 10:10 PM   #35
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.
i didnt know rep actually meant anything
Well congrats yours is pretty high.. Lmao
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 11:02 PM   #36
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep

Quote:
///Mposter for someone who has a reputation as high as yours maybe you should really read everything first before you comment... This not about a discount this about the lack of customer service I received until I posted this and future possible customers such as yourself not to receive this type of treatment . This is also to get rid of all these crap companies that sell crap products and hide behind excuses to why their products fail more than others under NORMAL conditiions also my car is not slammed...... Thanks for your input

Let's take it down a notch, please. We have been extraordinarily obliging to your tone and your accusations to us as a company while also referring us as a scam company who has individuals who don't speak English. That's the owners mom who is nice enough to spend her spare time answering the phone to help the company, and yes, English is not her primary language. But that fact is irrelevant based on your primary concern of the lack of customer service you are receiving.

We have received all your messages and emails. We have responded accordingly while also offering various options that also includes replacement wheels at the same price as the company's cost to manufacture, which we do not need to do as the warranty does not cover road damage. Our offers were rejected and now we are at this point.

We stand by our products and we have numerous customers and returning customers that love our products. We have been members to this community for many years, holding ourselves to high standards for customer service. But just like any other wheel from different manufacturers, our wheels are not 100% unbendable or damage resistant. We do understand that things happen, so we try to do our best to help. In light of this barrage you have so adamantly displayed, we will still keep our offer to discount the wheel or assist you in any way processing a claim to your city's government.

The choice is yours alone, but we haven't forgotten about helping you in the best way we can as a business.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 11:52 PM   #37
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Let's take it down a notch, please. We have been extraordinarily obliging to your tone and your accusations to us as a company while also referring us as a scam company who has individuals who don't speak English. That's the owners mom who is nice enough to spend her spare time answering the phone to help the company, and yes, English is not her primary language. But that fact is irrelevant based on your primary concern of the lack of customer service you are receiving.

We have received all your messages and emails. We have responded accordingly while also offering various options that also includes replacement wheels at the same price as the company's cost to manufacture, which we do not need to do as the warranty does not cover road damage. Our offers were rejected and now we are at this point.

We stand by our products and we have numerous customers and returning customers that love our products. We have been members to this community for many years, holding ourselves to high standards for customer service. But just like any other wheel from different manufacturers, our wheels are not 100% unbendable or damage resistant. We do understand that things happen, so we try to do our best to help. In light of this barrage you have so adamantly displayed, we will still keep our offer to discount the wheel or assist you in any way processing a claim to your city's government.

The choice is yours alone, but we haven't forgotten about helping you in the best way we can as a business.
1. Regardless a company should not have someone who barely speaks English answering the phone, I'm sorry...
2. I have only received 1 email from your company regarding this issue. You keep saying you tried numerous times to help me? Do you have proof? You must have me confused with another bad customer you had, lol...
3. After I called back the second time 2 days later and told the owners mom that I would call my credit card company and reverse the charges, less than 10 mins later low and behold a person who had better understanding of my issue then was available? Why not have someone better fit to handle company issues answer phones to Begin with...
4. I'm the victim not your company..
5. The money spent to buy from your company was my hard earn cash that you triple in 1 hr so I don't expect you to understand.
6. At this point your just wasting my time trying fix this cause your company had a chance but enlisted the situation...
7. I am sick of companies like sonictuning.com and others that only take action when ppl post reviews/blogs of the lack in responsibility with following up with customer issues but are super quick to sell products cause it MONEY. The point is to let everyone know of my experience.

8. I'm in sales to buddy and the biggest sales I've had is from returning customers and service customers.....Be consistent with everyone... I'M DONE.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 12:18 AM   #38
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep

Quote:
1. Regardless a company should not have someone who barely speaks English answering the phone, I'm sorry...
2. I have only received 1 email from your company regarding this issue. You keep saying you tried numerous times to help me? Do you have proof? You must have me confused with another bad customer you had, lol...
3. After I called back the second time 2 days later and told the owners mom that I would call my credit card company and reverse the charges, less than 10 mins later low and behold a person who had better understanding of my issue then was available? Why not have someone better fit to handle company issues answer phones to Begin with...
4. I'm the victim not your company..
5. The money spent to buy from your company was my hard earn cash that you triple in 1 hr so I don't expect you to understand.
6. At this point your just wasting my time trying fix this cause your company had a chance but enlisted the situation...
7. I am sick of companies like sonictuning.com and others that only take action when ppl post reviews/blogs of the lack in responsibility with following up with customer issues but are super quick to sell products cause it MONEY. The point is to let everyone know of my experience.

8. I'm in sales to buddy and the biggest sales I've had is from returning customers and service customers.....Be consistent with everyone... I'M DONE.

The offer still stands whenever you are ready for a solution that has been stated above. The solutions are available, with or without an audience, you have choices to choose from. You can PM me or e-mail to further discuss this.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 06:46 AM   #39
///Mposter
Macgyver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoye90
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mposter
Hi , sorry you didn't like what I wrote , but I did read this and the other thread. Only one other person agreed with what I thought and so I wrote it to agree with that person as well.
I'm sure you feel their customer service isn't great and posting this lets people know what they might encounter. BUT what were you initially thinking they were to offer you for your trouble? If it wasn't a discount or free wheel replacement, then was it only to lend an ear and have them tell you they are sorry? That is what I don't get about your reply to my statement. I do wish you the best in resolving the matter with the wheels.
      01-13-2016, 02:00 PM   #40
Rival
Captain
Rep
Drives: 95 z28

i know its a while, but id still fight for a charge back on your cc. i know it will be tough and unlikely, but id still try
1995 Z28 6spd - 377rwhp rip
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2016, 03:20 PM   #41
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rival View Post
i know its a while, but id still fight for a charge back on your cc. i know it will be tough and unlikely, but id still try

We looked at record in the past two years for OPs purchase, and it did not show up in the system.

From the only email that was exchanged on the 20th, OP did not reply to the order number or purchase receipt for the wheels.

This picture shows wheel has excessive camber wear on the inside.

Looking at the past record, we helped OP with a claim on other bent wheels with local city/state due to pot holes.

Unfortunately, none of the wheel company cover wear and tear Enkei, HRE, Renn, BBS, Ray, Etc.

In a situation like this we are happy to pass the discount, and help the OP with the claim process in the mean time.
Attached Images

Last edited by jose_sonictuning; 01-13-2016 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 03:46 PM   #42
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmnot View Post
I hate to sound like a jerk or like I'm beating a dead horse.. But that's why we buy BBS/HRE (insert "expensive" wheel brand here). Sure, you pay a lot - but the money is not only for the wheels. It's customer service. Interaction and ability to handle problems.

Probably the same reason I pay an annual fee on my American Express card. They always have my back.

Live and learn though, just save up and get a proper pair of wheels with a trusted reputation.
That's a good pointer, with the purchase of any wheel we explain production method and recommend a wheel that works for you.

Obviously, the strongest wheel being monoblock forged IE BBS, Ray, HRE. But not everyone can afford the price mark of 3-8k for a set of wheels.

With flow form/forged wheels become more and more popular, most of the brand we carry Enkei, Renn, TSW, HRE use the same manufacturing group
http://yhiautomotive.co.nz/

However, even the forged wheel suffer from pothole/roadwork and wear and tear.

This incident happened few years ago to one of our customer's LE28, due from road work. (he said he felt like he landed on the moon when it happened)
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-13-2016, 04:48 PM   #43
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Wow this is really turning into a peen measuring contest huh?

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 2
      01-13-2016, 05:48 PM   #44
mmmnot
Custom User Title
Iran
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmnot View Post

That's a good pointer, with the purchase of any wheel we explain production method and recommend a wheel that works for you.

Obviously, the strongest wheel being monoblock forged IE BBS, Ray, HRE. But not everyone can afford the price mark of 3-8k for a set of wheels.

With flow form/forged wheels become more and more popular, most of the brand we carry Enkei, Renn, TSW, HRE use the same manufacturing group
http://yhiautomotive.co.nz/

However, even the forged wheel suffer from pothole/roadwork and wear and tear.

This incident happened few years ago to one of our customer's LE28, due from road work. (he said he felt like he landed on the moon when it happened)
Great info and transparentness. Thank you for informing me on this.