E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > DIY: CM PNP METH injector elbow for N54

05-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135I 2006 Lotus Elise

DIY: CM PNP METH injector elbow for N54

We finally have a limited supply of our elbows in stock. Here is a copy of the install on the 135I. This works with 135/335I up to early 2009. You can easily remove/add your injector.

I probably could not convey what a major PIA it is to get something that should be as simple as this from concept to finished product. Its been a long road but I am more happy with my 135 I now and I thought I would share install how to and pics. I may be important for some of you to see this, so here it goes. Call this a Mini How To: As far as I know this pertains to 08s and 09s. If you have the stock rubber elbow this will work for you.
Oh yea, anything you do to your car is up to you. Use common sense. If you damage your car in any way we are not responsible. If this looks difficult for you, lighten up your wallet and pay for your Mods.
There are many ways to do things. Here is what I did step by step.
CM Elbow is below. we will supply 4 clamps, if you run your car with 3 clamps the hose will pop off! I put the last clamp on after I took the pictures..

Step 1: Get a dremel tool with the rotary carbonite blade, pair of goggles. I did not wear goggles but its a good idea.
Step 2: No pictures sorry but cut the clamp off the far right corner using the dremel. It took about 4 minutes on high. I did not remove anything from the car, I was able to barely angle the dremel in. Removing some of the other hoses may make it easier for you. I dont know if a cordless dremel will have enough power, I used a plug in version. Remove the pipe!
Step 3: Put One of the silicon couplings on the stock plastic pipe (the right hand side) Push it all the way forward.

Step 4: spray the new metal elbow with a little silicon spray or WD 40 and put the coupling on the left side of the new metal elbow. I recommend that you spray WD 40 or silicon spray on the stock plastic part that you will be putting the silicon sleeve on too.. This makes it 100 times easier. Notice in step 3 you put the OTHER sleeve on the pipe that is attached to the car. This made it easier for me to install. At this point you will first put the right hand side of the pipe in first and then slowly work the left hand side in. It will look like below you have the pipe in place.

Step 5: The silicon comes in handy here. Now you push the hose over the pipe. Its not super easy, its not super hard but you will spend a little bit of effort this is why the silicon spray comes in handy it makes it alot easier. In my final picture you will see that I have 2 clamps on the left side and 1 on the right. I put the 4th clamp on after I took the pic, lol. Anyway, each side of the pipe needs 2 clamps.

You will notice with my injector that its angled down and the hose comes around. This is not necessary. I had my hose routed this way from my stock pipe so I just left it. I will be angling it a little better later. I overtighten the injector to get mine at that angle. Most of you will not have the injector at that angle.
Anyway, hope this helps someone.

Last edited by coolingmist; 05-11-2010 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
ktmsmr12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Just got my CM Meth elbow in today. Looks great and the CM nozzle fits like a glove.
Appreciate 0