E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Aftermarket headlight troubles, help!

02-14-2012, 05:39 AM   #1
DistantCube
Rep
Drives: E90

Aftermarket headlight troubles, help!

Hi guys, I bought a set of Umnitza's depo hid angel eye headlights. At first, I was pretty pleased with them, installed it all and even fixed all the errors by coding and temporarily fixed a condensation issue in one headlight.

The condensation issue returned in just the drivers side headlight, and now the drivers side HID is out.

I'm a bit resigned at this stage, and was wondering if anyone is aware of somewhere I can take them who will properly fix these problems at a reasonable price in Brisbane?

Appreciate any help I can get.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

You will need to get the condensation issue fixed first - then replace the HID bulb. I assume it is the bulb that has blown and not the ballast or anything else.

Don't know of anyone in Brisbane but if you managed to install them yourself I'm sure you can change the bulb yourself too?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #3
DistantCube
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
You will need to get the condensation issue fixed first - then replace the HID bulb. I assume it is the bulb that has blown and not the ballast or anything else.

Don't know of anyone in Brisbane but if you managed to install them yourself I'm sure you can change the bulb yourself too?
Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear it's most likely the bulb and not the ballast!

Yes, I'll change the bulb and see how it goes, but I was more referring to getting this condensation issue fixed - I'm hoping someone knows a workshop in Brisbane that does this kind of work.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 06:45 AM   #4
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

It's likely to be a seal that is dodgy - I've seen it lots with the Depo headlights. Unfortunately don't know any quick fix for it... best bet is to just check that all covers were on properly and all caps are in place.

Even if it is the ballast, it's not too expensive, I can sell you a new H7 HID kit for $120 delivered that includes 2 x bulbs, 2 x new ballasts and associated wiring.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 01:18 AM   #5
DistantCube
Rep

Thanks for the help, I'll definitely keep that all in mind.

I'm going to take everything apart over the weekend hopefully and see how it goes, I've got a couple of ideas for fixing the moisture issue. And I hope it's just the bulb that's gone on that side as you suspect!
Appreciate 0