E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > NC folks - where are you?

04-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #859
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueD3vil View Post
Hi guys (and gals). I live in Durham and work in RTP. After a long time lusting and stalking, I just bought my 2009 Monaco Blue on Tan 335i Sedan in LA and it's being shipped across the country as I type. Came here to get my fix while I'm waiting a week for it to get here by looking at everyone else's great cars. Really looking forward to reading and learning a lot more...
Welcome, welcome. Working out in the Park, you may see my car if you drive up/down Miami Blvd. I work near the corner of Miami/Cornwallis. Some of the IBM'ers up here have seen it, so I guess it's pretty noticeable. Black w/pink accents.

Also, wanted to let you know about Cars-n-Coffee, if you don't already know. It's held every 1st Saturday of each month (weather permitting) out at Brier Creek in Raleigh (not far from the Park). It's on the side where Dick's, Ross, and the movie theater is, right in front of Barnes n Nobles (well, across the parking lot). Most people get out there around 8:30-9:00am and leaving times vary. The Porsche/Ferrari people usually start heading out around 11-ish, then followed by the Vette club, and so on. There have been some awesome cars out the past couple of months, including several cars worth over $2million each (these guys don't mind bringing out the big guns).

So, hopefully you'll get a chance to make it out and meet those of us who go to Raleigh (there's one in Charlotte on the same day and I heard there's now one in Greensboro, but I believe on the 2nd Saturday).
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #860
EASTCOASTNINJA
WILL
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White 335i Sedan

I swear I'm gonna finally make it out next month lol
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #861
BlueD3vil
Just gettin' started...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Monaco Blue 335i Sedan

Excellent. I'm sure I wouldn't miss a black 335i with pink accents! I work in the big Quintiles building off I40 at Page and live over behind Southpoint so I'm sure it's just a matter of time until we cross paths. Cars-n-Coffee sounds really interesting, thanks for mentioning it.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #862
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASTCOASTNINJA View Post
I swear I'm gonna finally make it out next month lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueD3vil
Excellent. I'm sure I wouldn't miss a black 335i with pink accents! I work in the big Quintiles building off I40 at Page and live over behind Southpoint so I'm sure it's just a matter of time until we cross paths. Cars-n-Coffee sounds really interesting, thanks for mentioning it.
Not sure if the pink is that noticeable doing a drive-by, unless you see the decal on the front bumper. Either way, it's the only black 335i parked up front (now watch someone else show up w/one and park near me...ha!). I'm sure we'll cross paths sometime....those of us up here usually do (whether we realize it or not). Hopefully next month's CnC will turn out some more great cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #863
marcus321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Acura NSX

Anyone in the raleigh area got mods on there 335i? Anything from DCI, jb4, exhaust, DP, BOV etc? I would really like to check them out. I am about to start modding heavily and Just want to get a feel for a car that has some mods done to it that I can actually see in person.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #864
humbucker87
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus321 View Post
Anyone in the raleigh area got mods on there 335i? Anything from DCI, jb4, exhaust, DP, BOV etc? I would really like to check them out. I am about to start modding heavily and Just want to get a feel for a car that has some mods done to it that I can actually see in person.
My car currently has a jb4 and dci. I'm pretty busy for the next couple weeks, but wouldn't mind showing you my car some time, especially if I can make the next Cars and Coffee meet (not sure yet).

However, without seeing the car, I will tell you that if you get a jb4 and dci you will absolutely not regret it. Because the jb4 doesn't kick in until oil temps reach 160, it's a nice reminder every day what it feels like to be stock and the difference is unbelievable.

If I were you I would start off with the jb4 and dci and go from there. It's plenty of power, but admittedly I want DP's and meth, but I'm still under warranty and so the ability to remove the jb4 is a big plus.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #865
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbucker87 View Post
My car currently has a jb4 and dci. I'm pretty busy for the next couple weeks, but wouldn't mind showing you my car some time, especially if I can make the next Cars and Coffee meet (not sure yet).

However, without seeing the car, I will tell you that if you get a jb4 and dci you will absolutely not regret it. Because the jb4 doesn't kick in until oil temps reach 160, it's a nice reminder every day what it feels like to be stock and the difference is unbelievable.

If I were you I would start off with the jb4 and dci and go from there. It's plenty of power, but admittedly I want DP's and meth, but I'm still under warranty and so the ability to remove the jb4 is a big plus.
Excuse me for a long post, but I wanted to add how awesome just having the jb/dci is. Although I have a few extra mods in addition to the jb/dci, I had a pleasant drive in to work this morning. An e92 M3 (not sure which year but latest body style) casually drove past me as I was entering the freeway. I wasn't in any hurry and really wasn't thinking about driving too much above the speed limit, considering I need new rear tires, but "somehow" I ended up behind this M3. I was loving the view, admiring the beauty of this machine and thinking to myself how much I love the whole line of M3s.

I dunno what got in to him, but I guess he didn't want me following him (wasn't riding him; had good distance between us). When, all of a sudden, I heard him downshift and saw him take off. OH NO HE DIDN'T!!! Rewind for a minute....ever since I've owned my 335, I've always wanted to find someone w/an M3 who wanted to "play", but when I did find one, they weren't paying me any mind. Now, back to this morning...

So, Mr. took off and the competitive spirit in me took over. I down shifted (auto w/paddle shifters) and followed right behind him. Now, I'm not going to reveal the speeds we hit, but I will say he NEVER left me behind. I kept a reasonable distance between us due to the speeds we were traveling, but I didn't let him break that distance. I can say both of our brakes work pretty good - I have a stock setup - and they were put to the test when an 18-wheeler decided he wanted to change lanes in front of us, all of a sudden. I could hear our tires squealing for mercy, and could only imagine what the other drivers were thinking/saying. But, as soon as the truck got back over, we both took off again and, again, he never left me behind. I guess he figured he wasn't going to win this game, so we both slowed down and stayed in the right lane, plus our exits were coming up (funny how some guy in a VW caught up w/us and thought he was going to play...lol - NOT!).

With that said, even if you just start off with a jb/dci, you'll definitely feel the difference/power than stock.

Edit: After reading this and reflecting back on the ride, I'm just so grateful to God my tires didn't blow or anything else for that matter. I know I wouldn't be sitting at my desk today had something gone awry. Yeah, I think I've reached my fun quota for a while. Back to reality and common sense.

Last edited by GRLPWR; 04-27-2012 at 09:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #866
EASTCOASTNINJA
WILL
United_States
Rep

Lol correct me if I'm wrong that was a long ass post but was a guy asking to buy a JB4? I all the sudden don't have a need for it on my car and need to sell it ASAP, I'm in Fayetteville text me 850-374-1313.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #867
GRLPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Lol correct me if I'm wrong that was a long ass post but was a guy asking to buy a JB4? I all the sudden don't have a need for it on my car and need to sell it ASAP, I'm in Fayetteville text me 850-374-1313.
Haha! Sorry, but I just couldn't hold back the adrenaline high I got from "chicking" Mr. M3. But, I believe he was asking us about the mods we have and what we thought of them since he's beginning the process of modding his car. I just gave an elaborated version of how much I like mine. You know women use twice as many words as guys do in a conversation. We take the scenic route.

Last edited by GRLPWR; 04-27-2012 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #868
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

no way I had no idea about cars and coffee at brier creek.

I'll definitely try to head out once I'm back home for the summer, never been to a car meet before
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #869
SleepyWeasel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

New guy checking in. Just bought a 2010 335i Tasman Green. I'm out in the Jacksonville area.
      05-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #870
sofresh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyWeasel View Post
New guy checking in. Just bought a 2010 335i Tasman Green. I'm out in the Jacksonville area.
welcome! got any pics?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #871
SleepyWeasel
Rep

I do, but not on this computer. I'll post them up when I get home from work.
      05-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #872
SleepyWeasel
Rep

Ok, here are the pics of my new to me 2010 335i

05-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #873
sofresh
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I do, but not on this computer. I'll post them up when I get home from work.
nice congrats again , do you plan on modding it already or just enjoying it as is for a bit?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #874
SleepyWeasel
Rep

I'll probably do some minor mods starting with a JB4.
      05-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #875
sofresh
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'll probably do some minor mods starting with a JB4.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #876
sofresh
Captain
United_States
Rep

can anyone recommend a shop to install a few things in the Raleigh area? most likely will just be a FMIC. I would do it myself but am moving back to Bragg soon and won't have any tool for a bit..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #877
EASTCOASTNINJA
WILL
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
can anyone recommend a shop to install a few things in the Raleigh area? most likely will just be a FMIC. I would do it myself but am moving back to Bragg soon and won't have any tool for a bit..
Yo I'm at Bragg and I got a shit ton of tools, if u want help switching out front mounts
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #878
sofresh
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yo I'm at Bragg and I got a shit ton of tools, if u want help switching out front mounts
cool sounds good.. thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #879
EASTCOASTNINJA
WILL
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
cool sounds good.. thanks!
Yea I did my water pump and swapped interiors so I'm positive that a front mount can't be harder than that
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #880
sofresh
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yea I did my water pump and swapped interiors so I'm positive that a front mount can't be harder than that
shouldn't be too bad, I do know I will have to do a little trimming though.
Appreciate 0