E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Are service bulletins covered by CPO?

07-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Are service bulletins covered by CPO?

I'm having the worst experience ever at my dealer right now.

2007 328XI with 65000 miles, still under CPO warranty until next year.

The car was having complete electrical failure; it just wouldn't even start. I had it towed to the dealer. After a couple of days, they couldn't find anything. I had been googling, so I found a thread here with people having the same problem:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549735

They alerted me to the service bulletin BMW SI B61 08 11, so I told the dealer that was what I suspected. They said, "I'm well aware of that bulletin and it's not the problem."

A few days later, they charged me $140 diagnostic fee and said they couldn't figure it out and that it was just a fluke. Fast forward - the car does it again and I get stranded in a parking lot. This time, I knew how to check what the problem was - I took off the glove box panel and wiggled the red wire leading to the fuse box. The car started perfectly.

Having verified what the problem is, I took it back into the dealer. While they now acknowledge it was the problem, they refuse to refund me the diagnostic fee. Even worse, they are claiming it is not covered under CPO warranty and are trying to charge me $1400.

WTF? In that very thread people were claiming CPO covers it. I tried calling BMW NA and got the runaround - the woman was claiming they can't tell me whether or not it's covered and that it's up to the dealer.

So which is it - do I have the worst dealer ever or does BMW have the worst CPO program ever?

Are TSB's covered under cpo?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
anerbe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Red E90M 6MT

shady. try a different dealer. this isn't an issue with your navigation or some other "uncovered part"
Appreciate 0