E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Satellite

04-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
gonzanc
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Satellite

So I am trying to get my sirius subscription changed from my audi to my bmw (e92 2008 335i) and Sirius support (last week) told me that there is an issue with my hardware seeing that the car couldn't recognize the signal. So this past monday I took the car to the dealer and had them track down the issue.

The dealer kept the car for 5 days, tracked down the issue and replaced the satellite module (almost $1,100.00) and ensured it was working when i left. I could hear the preview channel, which was new seeing that I was unable to hear it with the old satellite module. So I am on my way home from the dealer and I call sirius to transfer service from the Audi to the BMW and when the support lady sent the signal to the BMW satellite radio, I could no longer hear anything from satellite and they could not get the radio to work.

Sirius has all of the info on the car (VIN, ESN, etc) and they cannot get it to work after shutting the car off, resetting iDrive, etc.

Anyone have any idea as to what is going on here? Everything else works, AM, FM, AUX, CD.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
gonzanc
Private
Rep

not sure too many folks care, but a brief update:

I took the car back to the dealer and they informed me that the vehicle keeps "losing its program" and essentially keeps resetting itself. So I was told that my local dealer (Tom Williams BMW) has to get BMWUSA involved, which could take an additional few days (on top of the 5 days already).

Is this a joke? Seriously.

Should I be complaining to the service manager or should I just be happy and keep my mouth shut?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
Barny
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

How is a sat module $1100, but the factory sat radio option only $350? Hell no I wouldn't be happy. If the problem ends up being something else, I would see if they will reimburse you for the module.

2011 Le Mans Blue 335is
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
gonzanc
Private
Rep

Not sure. Maybe they replaced the entire radio unit? I saw the order ticket and it was 1,130 (or something to that effect). Anyway, it was covered under warranty so I am not out of pocket for anything, but the frustration is pretty high.

I am being relatively calm about this, but I am about to lose it. We'll see...
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
Rollo`
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i

Sorry for necro'ing this thread, but did you ever get this resolved? I just got a 2009 E92 with satellite radio and when I choose SAT it gives me the toll free number but beside ESN: there is no number and I don't get any audio.

I looked in the trunk and the satellite receiver is there. I guess I'm going to have to take it to the dealer. How annoying.
Appreciate 0