E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Paint Correction

05-21-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
BDMBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 3 series

Paint Correction

I stopped by a detailer today and I asked about polishing my car(black), I have fine scratches on it. He said he can do a paint correction that will make it look like new. I asked if he is polishing it and he said no. He wouldn't tell me exactly what he did or used but he said he Clay barred it, than did his correcting step, than a Z2 finish. He said it would wear off eventually so I guess he is using a filler of some sort.
It's sounds like he was mixing something with Z2 that would "correct the paint". Anyone know what he is doing? I have used a glaze on the car and it didn't do anything, so is there something out there that make the lines "disappear" on a black car?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
twinturboa51
Captain
Armenia
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey F80 M3

probably glaze or a combo glaze/polish, aio, cleaner wax type of thing. i wouldnt trust that he is going to do a polish if he doesnt specifically say it.
      05-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #3
BDMBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep

He did say that he didn't polish it, I was just wondering cause I tried Klasse AIO, followed up with Chemical Guys extreme shine Glaze and it looked a little better but not much. Is there something better than the Chemical guys stuff for black cars.
I am planning on buying a PC this summer, but I would like to hide the fine lines for now.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
twinturboa51
Captain
Armenia
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey F80 M3

it really depends on the depth of the scratches. try a pure glaze, a non-aio and see if that helps. but by the time youre done experimenting with all different products you could probably buy a pc and some polish. i would just get the Polish Starter Kit from DI and the PC Starter kit and have at it. If your car is black then the nattys that comes with the polish starter kit is great, it really makes the paint pop.
      05-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

He's probably putting a combo of Z5 and Z2 on it. Z5 is the filler, that's why he says it will wash off.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #6
BDMBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep

I told him that I tried Z5 and it didn't work he still said his way works. I'm not going to get it done but I'm very curious what he does since he is charging people $250 for it.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 12:15 PM   #7
BDMBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturboa51 View Post
it really depends on the depth of the scratches. try a pure glaze, a non-aio and see if that helps. but by the time youre done experimenting with all different products you could probably buy a pc and some polish. i would just get the Polish Starter Kit from DI and the PC Starter kit and have at it. If your car is black then the nattys that comes with the polish starter kit is great, it really makes the paint pop.
Your quite right if I start buying different products I will probably spend the same as the PC.
Appreciate 0