E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2A1A code hard starts and poor acceleration after 3k rpm

02-06-2021, 09:26 PM   #1
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 "325i"

2A1A code hard starts and poor acceleration after 3k rpm

I replaced the fuel tank vent valve which was a a left over bav auto one from ecs tuning. Replaced the gas cap.

Could it be a defective vent valve? Or a cracked hose? The new one had a stiffer hose and was hard to put on.
I'm not sure what else can cause acceleration and start up problems like this.
Koni special active red, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit. Silicon intake pipe. M3 control arms front, M3 rear. ECS trailing arm with whiteline bushings. Purple powerflex subframe bushings. Yellow power flex upper shock mounts. Single mass flywheel OE weight.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 10:04 PM   #2
E92William
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
You'd have to check the whole system and it's hoses because that could cause a vacuum leak if your little solenoid at the junction box is staying open for too long. Matter of fact why don't you try actuating it with inpa or pulling it and giving 12 volts to it to see if it's actuating. I got a bunch laying around it should make a light click. If it works fine then you'd wanna check the hoses. I've had the one that goes behind the throttle body on the manifold come off a couple times and the car would drive like absolute shit. The previous owner of my e90 parts car was smart about it and replaced most plastic hoses with rubber ones
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
gunnerxq212.50
3PedalJake2613.50
      02-06-2021, 10:21 PM   #3
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Hmm Interesting I like that rubber hose idea. I believe it does click. A hose might have broke or came off when I changed the starter a week later. You don't think it could be the DMTL pump giving these symptoms do you?
Koni special active red, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit. Silicon intake pipe. M3 control arms front, M3 rear. ECS trailing arm with whiteline bushings. Purple powerflex subframe bushings. Yellow power flex upper shock mounts. Single mass flywheel OE weight.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 06:28 PM   #4
xavi718
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006-330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerxq View Post
I replaced the fuel tank vent valve which was a a left over bav auto one from ecs tuning. Replaced the gas cap.

Could it be a defective vent valve? Or a cracked hose? The new one had a stiffer hose and was hard to put on.
I'm not sure what else can cause acceleration and start up problems like this.
Did you solve your problem?,i replaced my purge valve in January, code came back after months, i replaced again thinking probably the purge was defective, now it came back again, i even replaced my Carbon Canister and fuel filler cap, but still no results.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 07:46 PM   #5
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi718 View Post
Did you solve your problem?,i replaced my purge valve in January, code came back after months, i replaced again thinking probably the purge was defective, now it came back again, i even replaced my Carbon Canister and fuel filler cap, but still no results.
Yeah I solved it, it was the.....purge valve. I had replaced it 3 times before the code went away. Maye the parts were within spec ane our model years are finicky but the first 2 stopped working fast. 3rd one it's been almost 4 years now.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 07:08 PM   #6
xavi718
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006-330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerxq View Post
Yeah I solved it, it was the.....purge valve. I had replaced it 3 times before the code went away. Maye the parts were within spec ane our model years are finicky but the first 2 stopped working fast. 3rd one it's been almost 4 years now.
Just finished doing a smoke test and I didn’t found any leak, but i did found a leak on my Brake Booster Vacuum Pipe lol.

Code &check engine are gone but i am not sure when they gonna show up again 🥲
Attached Images

Appreciate 0