E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Thoughts on visual mods for a 325i?

03-20-2024, 02:54 PM   #1
Naevius01
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 325i

Thoughts on visual mods for a 325i?

(Sorry for a long post, this was thought out and researched) I’m 19 in college and have a strict budget. Make roughly $800 every paycheck and most of it goes to school. My parents got me a 325i when I was a junior in high school, I didn’t know the difference between a 325i and 335i back then. I’ve had some problems with the n52 but that’s just the BMW experience. So far i’ve gotten new breaks, new transmission, spark plugs, valves, tires , and sensors done on it, most of the labor was done by me and my dad. But i’ve gotten to a stage where it’s well maintained and no problems. So I always wanted to do visual customization on it, and maybe a few performance knowing I will only get up to at least 270hp. But there’s so much toxicity in the car community about cars that look aggressive but are slow as it’s frowned upon by many. The thing is I know I can’t make the n52 a high horse-powered car. But I want it to look appealing to me at least for nice daily in a small city, and have a good exhaust system. It’s just i’m not sure if i should do visual mods or just save up for a 335i. Which saving up for a 335i seems like a big stretch for where I am financially right now and my current circumstances. But i’m not gonna go around and say my car is fast and taunt others about how fast mine is. I just want it look visually appealing. My plans are for some interior and exterior mods. Probably new bumpers, new calipers and just little things here and there. In no way do I want to disrespect those who do own a 335i, m3 or just people in the car/bmw community with the heavy visual modifications. It’s just this car has lots of memories, labor done ourselves, well maintained and just a generally good daily for me currently. So I wanna work with what I currently have! Give me some thoughts and suggestions
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 03:10 PM   #2
NZE90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i

If i were you and on your budget i would leave the car as is and save some money for when something breaks/fails/leaks. These cars have a nasty habit of doing this when you least expect it. And it can be expensive sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 03:19 PM   #3
Naevius01
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZE90 View Post
If i were you and on your budget i would leave the car as is and save some money for when something breaks/fails/leaks. These cars have a nasty habit of doing this when you least expect it. And it can be expensive sometimes.
So far haven’t had any issues and I do plan to have some emergency savings. But once the semester is over I will definitely be making $900 every two week without worrying about school payments

Last edited by Naevius01; 03-20-2024 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 03:20 PM   #4
lordnikon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Break My Wallet

Garage List
I would rather save the money for repairs or use it to invest.
Appreciate 0