E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Budds BMW STAY AWAY

09-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
karkid
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Budds BMW STAY AWAY

So i called up budds bmw this morning to get my fuel pump looked at and they were like we will only look at your car if you get it in by 11am otherwise you will have to bring it tomorrow. me needing the car by friday i rushed there as soon as i could. Got there and they all loved my wrap kept looking at it. anyways came time for me to get served, even though my car is still under warranty they, said since my fuel pump and injectors had already been replaced if it was the fuel pump this time i would have to pay, they charged me 130 for looking at the car and said they would call me this afternoon, that's not even what bothered me.

They were just plain rude because i have a US car, honestly i feel like just driving to buffalo to get my car serviced at least i'll get treated right

disappointing really budds service has really dropped over the years i've always been going there with my X5, 535i, 750LI, my whole family goes there
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Budd's is my home dealership and haven't had any bad services with them. I too have a US car and they were cool with it (only bothersome part was that they aren't a fan of giving out loaners to non dealer purchased customers).

I been going to them for a few years now and have a good record with them. They even took my car in right away when I noticed redish drops on my garage floor..Turned out to be my kand N filter, but they didn't charge me for the labor etc. I guess with any dealer, you get a few bad days unfortunately...Towne bmw in buffalo is great too..however there service manager they hired is a total douche and liar.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
I thought if you buy a US your warranty is not valid in Canada?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
karkid
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
Budd's is my home dealership and haven't had any bad services with them. I too have a US car and they were cool with it (only bothersome part was that they aren't a fan of giving out loaners to non dealer purchased customers).

I been going to them for a few years now and have a good record with them. They even took my car in right away when I noticed redish drops on my garage floor..Turned out to be my kand N filter, but they didn't charge me for the labor etc. I guess with any dealer, you get a few bad days unfortunately...Towne bmw in buffalo is great too..however there service manager they hired is a total douche and liar.
really whats your mileage and did they say anything because it was a US car?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #5
karkid
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI View Post
I thought if you buy a US your warranty is not valid in Canada?
no it still is they just take a few days to get the approval from BMW NA first time i took my car to budds they had it for a week because they were waiting for approval
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkid View Post
really whats your mileage and did they say anything because it was a US car?
I have 58,000km on my car right now. I like this dealership as they are mod friendly imo. They knew my car was a US car but still gave me the service. Little things like peeling trim etc they wouldn't do (apparently BMW Canada is more picky than BMW NA). I got that fixed when I went to Buffalo. But you definately get more perks when buying locally (bmw loaner car etc).

Quote:
no it still is they just take a few days to get the approval from BMW NA first time i took my car to budds they had it for a week because they were waiting for approval
Never had to do this. So long as you do all the paperwork with BMW Canada (get the recall letter etc), you shouldn't have to go through this. Warranty is still valid, you just lose on the maintenance in Canada (just went to the states to do maintenance (front and rear brakes/rotors replaced FTW :-) )
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #7
pHo_e92
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: SGM e92

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.26]
2000 BMW 323i  [6.00]
1997 Honda Civic HB  [10.00]
2007 BMW X5 4.8  [10.00]
you should talk to the service manager and explain it to him/her. they will take care of you.

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS | Ground Control | Vortex Tuning |
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #8
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Budds treat customers differently if you did not buy the car there. Just like Autohaus.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #9
karkid
Captain
Rep

guess maybe i just ended up with a shitty SA oh well
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #10
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
guess maybe i just ended up with a shitty SA oh well
Cause some hell with him, and send your Bill/Receipt to BMWNA to cover for you.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #11
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
So i called up budds bmw this morning to get my fuel pump looked at and they were like we will only look at your car if you get it in by 11am otherwise you will have to bring it tomorrow. me needing the car by friday i rushed there as soon as i could. Got there and they all loved my wrap kept looking at it. anyways came time for me to get served, even though my car is still under warranty they, said since my fuel pump and injectors had already been replaced if it was the fuel pump this time i would have to pay, they charged me 130 for looking at the car and said they would call me this afternoon, that's not even what bothered me.

They were just plain rude because i have a US car, honestly i feel like just driving to buffalo to get my car serviced at least i'll get treated right

disappointing really budds service has really dropped over the years i've always been going there with my X5, 535i, 750LI, my whole family goes there
Glad you bought it in the States now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Budds treat customers differently if you did not buy the car there. Just like Autohaus.
Just like most if not all dealerships I would imagine. Its a HUGE slap in their face.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #12
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Quote:
That goes for any dealership. If you're not their customer, they probably won't see you for future business. If they don't get reimbursed by BMW Canada/NA for the work, who are they going to get money from? Before we throw Budds in the fire, perhaps we should figure out whether or not you can get your fuel pump and injectors replaced twice under the same recall/warranty. If you do, then yeah they are dicks. If you don't, then you can't really blame them.
      09-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #13
merchomini
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Touareg VR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
That goes for any dealership. If you're not their customer, they probably won't see you for future business. If they don't get reimbursed by BMW Canada/NA for the work, who are they going to get money from? Before we throw Budds in the fire, perhaps we should figure out whether or not you can get your fuel pump and injectors replaced twice under the same recall/warranty. If you do, then yeah they are dicks. If you don't, then you can't really blame them.
I bought my car from somehwere other than my home dealership, i brought it in for some service, they did it, fast, courteous, and gave me a loaner car no questions asked.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #14
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
+1...nicely said.

All dealerships act the same way if you don't buy the car from them.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #15
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:

I bought my first 2 BMW's from somewhere other than Budds, had my service done at Budds. It was because how they treated me that I have bought 4 cars since from Budds.

Every dealership is going to have wrinkles and warts. Its about building rapport. Sure there will be mistakes along the way - but if they make it right that is all that matters. This goes for ANY dealership.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #16
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchomini View Post
I bought my car from somehwere other than my home dealership, i brought it in for some service, they did it, fast, courteous, and gave me a loaner car no questions asked.
Your situation is a bit different from what I described and what OP is experiencing here. I'm sure if Budds was compensated by BMW Canada/NA we would not have seen this thread. Dealerships make more money from service than selling cars, they would gladly service your car as long as someone paid for it. What I suggested, was that we do not know the details of BMW Canada/NA deals with a situation like this. If they weren't getting reimbursed by BMW for doing the work, guess who's going to pay?
      09-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #17
BavFan_08
Dreamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E88 6MT | Ret '08 E90 335i

Quote:

Did they charge you because they had to diagnose it? I guess I didn't think of that when I replied to your post - just curious to why you were charged. thats all.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #18
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

does not matter how many times a part is replaced under warranty - fuel pump has 10 yr coverage. If BMW actually designed a part that worked properly, perhaps they wouldn't have to replace it so frequently...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #19
usher93
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 328xi

I'm not sure you can always blame the dealership. Sometimes you just end up with a dik. I went to budds to buy my car and the salesman was treating me like I was bothering him or wasting his time. So I simply walked out and two hours later had signed a deal at Mississauga BMW.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #20
BJM-Maxx
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90

I am curious, do you have a warranty clearance letter for your car? I nearly bought a grey market car in Vaughn and because the used car place got it into Canada from BMWNA they had a clearance letter that let them plate the car. However BMW Canada said the car still needed the gauge cluster changed before they would recognize the warranty. Is that the case with your car?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #21
karkid
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJM-Maxx View Post
I am curious, do you have a warranty clearance letter for your car? I nearly bought a grey market car in Vaughn and because the used car place got it into Canada from BMWNA they had a clearance letter that let them plate the car. However BMW Canada said the car still needed the gauge cluster changed before they would recognize the warranty. Is that the case with your car?

yup i have everything all the paperwork all original factory paperwork i bought the car directly from a US BMW dealership they took care of everything car had 1 owner
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #22
mabman
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335xi

I have a US 2007 335 and just took my car to Parkview BMW last week to get the HPFP replaced for free under the 10year warranty (and my car has past the 4yr standard warranty - did I mention its a US car . They even gave me a no-charge loaner. They have the most amazing service, I've never been disappointed, and I'm going to be buying my next car from them as a result. Juri Jansons is my SA.
Appreciate 0