E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Returned Lease Value

04-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
Jtlau
Rep
Drives: VW Rabbit

Returned Lease Value

Hey folks,

So I was wondering what everybody's opinion of getting a good estimate on the value of a lease return is. Some people obviously have a love/hate relationship with KBB and Edmund's. I hear Galves is pretty good and that's what dealers use. I'm asking this because I'm still in the market for a BMW E92 with M-Sport, 6MT and want to have as much information I can use when it comes to bargaining with the sales folks.

For a 2010 335i E92 with M-Sport, Nav, Premium, Sound Package with 30K miles rated as excellent/market ready trade-in values are:
KBB - 31,525
Edmund's - 28,124
Galves - 27,825

I'm assuming that dealers look at the trade-in value and not what's left on the pay-off balance of the vehicle. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for your time!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
nightops
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtlau View Post
Hey folks,

So I was wondering what everybody's opinion of getting a good estimate on the value of a lease return is. Some people obviously have a love/hate relationship with KBB and Edmund's. I hear Galves is pretty good and that's what dealers use. I'm asking this because I'm still in the market for a BMW E92 with M-Sport, 6MT and want to have as much information I can use when it comes to bargaining with the sales folks.

For a 2010 335i E92 with M-Sport, Nav, Premium, Sound Package with 30K miles rated as excellent/market ready trade-in values are:
KBB - 31,525
Edmund's - 28,124
Galves - 27,825

I'm assuming that dealers look at the trade-in value and not what's left on the pay-off balance of the vehicle. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for your time!
i'm not sure if your trying to buy a car with these specs or your turning in this car and you want to bargain down the price less than the payoff. Regarding the values stated-yes those may be sales that have completed but even finding one with your exact specs may be difficult to say the least. Hopefully you are open about your color choices because it took me 6 mos to find one in good condition with 6mt, navi and the colors i wanted. throw in msport option and its even more limited. with an AT you might find those low values but with the MT you are going to have to act fast and they may not bargain too much if the car has not been sitting. just prepping you for what i experienced- i almost threw in the towel and got an AT but luckily one popped up right near my work. within an hour i had arrived for a test drive, that afternoon i signed the papers, that is how fast the 6mts go.