E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > So my car is complete crap

02-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #199
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
Lol a Corevette......ok dude maybe a 50 year old broad
Beat just about any car on the road too and hey you don't have to worry about turbo problems after 50k
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #200
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Wide Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ritz View Post
Beat just about any car on the road too and hey you don't have to worry about turbo problems after 50k
On my 2nd 335i 1st one no problem beside HPFP all the way up to 110km and this one has been just as good if not better. Do your homework and properly inspect these before you buy and check records and your fine.

A corevette...... Only thing close to that I would get is a Viper atleast it looks 10x better and don't see them around every corner with some old dude driving it
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #201
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

did you get a ppi before the purchase? 335i(s) are problematic cars especially at that high millage, that's why i got rid of my 335i for a 328i and my millage wasn't even as close to as high as yours, good luck with the fix.. and don't take it to the dealer like many people said, they will rip you a new one
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #202
E92GRL
@E92GRL
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 // E92 // E39-sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethism View Post
I think you should chill out. You sound pretty hostile over my omitting a word from a sentence hastily tapped out on an iPhone. And that a female poster got a bunch of hits on a legit thread. I think by attempting to make others look/feel bad, you're actually pegging yourself.

Just go for a drive, think happy thoughts. And keep the hostility to yourself.
+1 Thank you =]
      02-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #203
E92GRL
@E92GRL
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanye08 View Post
Depends on the year.. BMW owned them for while

I had a 03 range rover HSE..basically the 4.4 X5. I had no issues, but they were plagued with issues with costs that would make range rover owners laugh at our "minor" expenses. I know up to 2009 there are super unreliable..
no clue now that tata owns them but hear nothing but good things about the newer ones..
Haha yea probably true lol
      02-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #204
Sam335ix
Major
Rep
Drives: 335 ix performance edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanye08 View Post
Valley pan gasket leak? I heard that BMW charges around that for that job. (design flaw) for this in the V8's and most indy's worked out a cheaper better solution.
Yes, that was one of them but there were other issues. Bottom line BMW wont touch any of my cars unless its covered under warranty.

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #205
bplewis24
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 LBB M2 Comp; Tesla Model3

Quote:
For how much? (not a rhetorical question).
      02-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #206
bmwforme
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki.Alexa View Post
Lmfao TOO FUNNY, is that the best you could come up with? lol

EDIT: Maybe you're the insecure guy on these forums? Nobody else seems to mind that I am a girl and post threads... lol

Just read you're from New York, that explains a lot.
woah! hey! I was supporting you telling that guy off until I read this

any updates though?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #207
E92GRL
@E92GRL
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwforme View Post
woah! hey! I was supporting you telling that guy off until I read this

any updates though?
Sorry, Not all people are the same, but you must admit some men from NY like to be hard asses.

Im getting my car back today from BMW, they fixed a couple things unrelated to the leaks for me.
On monday I have an apt at the dealer I bought it from, to see if theyll fix their wrongs, if not ill take it to an indy shop and have them fix the leaks.
      02-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #208
Sethism
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Sorry, Not all people are the same, but you must admit some men from NY like to be hard asses.

Im getting my car back today from BMW, they fixed a couple things unrelated to the leaks for me.
On monday I have an apt at the dealer I bought it from, to see if theyll fix their wrongs, if not ill take it to an indy shop and have them fix the leaks.
Those leaks are pretty much DIY, but it's understandable that some people get pretty nervous about wrenching. If you're old enough to buy beer, many dudes (such as myself) will do DIY work for a few beers and someone to talk cars with. In your case, you are not local, so I'm not the fellow enthusiast to help you here.

Check your regional forum and see if there's anyone who's friendly, handy, and has nothing better to do with an evening than drink a few beers and talk cars while turning a wrench.

Here in St Louis, amongst the VW guys, you can get your car coded and get plenty of help wrenching for a 6-pack

Otherwise, your local community colleges may have auto-tech classes. If you bring the parts in, they'll install them as part of their coursework, and the repair is checked by a certified tech (the instructor) before they return your car to you. The labor is free, but your car may be out of service longer, due to the increased time for the learning curve.

Two ideas that might help.
      02-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #209
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

I went to look at an 07 335 with 73k miles from a dealer. I heard the wastegate rattle as soon as I started the car and the car was pulling to the right when i was driving it. While I was being stopped at lights, whenever the light turned green and i took my foot off the brake and pressed the gas, it was like the transmission was stuck in N and felt a kick as it went back into drive. Long story short I won't be buying a used 335 unless its from the original owner with all the history and maintenance records, preferably still under factory warranty. Till then Il be keeping my bulletproof N52 E92.
      02-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #210
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

To all the guys saying the N52 is more reliable, my Oil Filter Housing Gasket, Valve Cover, Oil Pan Gasket, Front and Rear Crankshaft Seals, Oil Pan, Transmission, Mechatronic Sleeve are ALL leaking as of 100k miles.

I've got to everything except my trans service which is up next, and I'll probably do the Front Crankshaft Seal when I replace my Serpentine Belt, but the rear seal requires dropping the trans so **** that, and BMW can't engineer a oil pan that can be dropped without disassembling the entire car, so those will continue to leak forever.

This weekend I just finished replacing my Oil Separator and all the 4 hoses, first year e90's (2006 330-325i) have external oil separators which is the worst piece of german engineering I have ever seen in my life. This makes removing the intake manifold a real piece of work, first the manifold is 3 stage on my car so two motors with a bunch of wires that open and close flaps in the manifold.

Then each of the Oil Seperator hoses have the WORST connectors I have ever seen, and have heating elements built into each hose which connect to a piece UNDER the manifold against the firewall, nearly impossible to disconnect.

So after you disconnect all at spaghetti and if your still breathing, you have to go back in and re route everything correctly and reconnect new hoses huge PIA.

335i Manifold Single Stage Manifold + Oil Seperator Integrated into Valve Cover (Which gets heated from the motor)= No Hoses, No Heating Element Connectors, No DISA motors = Bliss.

Oh yesss you think thats it? I just washed my car and guess what? I had a puddle of water in my passenger floor, my windshield cowl is leaking, on every car ever made it's just a cosmetic piece, on the E90/E92 due to the genius of the AC system design, if it fails you get a leak in your car.

Spent about 5 hours cleaning my engine and all the leak's, and all the underbody covers, my PS hoses were all soaked in Oil.

On a good note, my valves looked BRAND new at my mileage. PORT INJECTION FOR THE WIN!

These car's N51/N52/N52KP N54/N55 you gotta pay to play, or at least get off your ass and pick up a set of wrenches, and a Bentley Service Manual (Isn't fool proof on everything the manual tells you how to remove the manifold when the engine ALREADY out of the car, well no shit I don't need a manual to do that.)

Liked someone mentioned before, if you like a clean engine, replace your Oil Filter Housing gasket at 75k, it started leaking on my MUCH cooler running N52 at 90K miles, the N54/N55 with its "normal" 250 degree operating temps forget it, if BMW made these cars run cooler maybe the parts would stand a fighting chance.

The gasket cost 15 bucks, and takes an hour at most including time to drain fill coolant which is pretty simple on these cars.

Keep in mind this is a California car beautiful temps, ALWAYS garaged, not some car from Canada left out in the snow for 6 years.

Last edited by RemovedUser; 02-08-2013 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #211
E92GRL
@E92GRL
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine3 View Post
I went to look at an 07 335 with 73k miles from a dealer. I heard the wastegate rattle as soon as I started the car and the car was pulling to the right when i was driving it. While I was being stopped at lights, whenever the light turned green and i took my foot off the brake and pressed the gas, it was like the transmission was stuck in N and felt a kick as it went back into drive. Long story short I won't be buying a used 335 unless its from the original owner with all the history and maintenance records, preferably still under factory warranty. Till then Il be keeping my bulletproof N52 E92.

That's exactly how my last car was... Lol nobody ever understood what I was trying to say when I tried to explain that. I'm glad someone else knows that it happens lol
      02-09-2013, 12:30 AM   #212
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

I am sorry to hear of your troubles. Find an independent mechanic or independent shop to take care of your issues. It will be a lot cheaper then dealership.

Also, do not blame BMW cars for the poor maintenance of your car by the prior owner and your lack of inspection at the time of purchase. A car that is 5 year old will suffer from issues. You are paying for the abuse and lack of care from prior owner with regards to daily maintenance.

Sorry but there are a lot of people who buy a 5-7 year old BMW car of their dreams for less then half the price and then expect it to work like a brand new car. It is easy to buy a luxury car but harder to maintain it. You should have saved your money and bought a brand new economy car with full warranty if you did not want to experience any issues.

I am not trying to be harsh just saying my .02 cents.
Quote:
I bought the car one month ago, it's a 2007, and everything has been wrong with this car, it's not just one experience.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #213
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
I am sorry to hear of your troubles. Find an independent mechanic or independent shop to take care of your issues. It will be a lot cheaper then dealership.

Also, do not blame BMW cars for the poor maintenance of your car by the prior owner and your lack of inspection at the time of purchase. A car that is 5 year old will suffer from issues. You are paying for the abuse and lack of care from prior owner with regards to daily maintenance.

Sorry but there are a lot of people who buy a 5-7 year old BMW car of their dreams for less then half the price and then expect it to work like a brand new car. It is easy to buy a luxury car but harder to maintain it. You should have saved your money and bought a brand new economy car with full warranty if you did not want to experience any issues.

I pretty much agree with exactly what you are saying.

If you buy a used $50k car... expect to pay maintenance on a $50k car. The reason these cars are so expensive is because of the 'soul' and technology that go into their building. Especially if you buy used, these cars aren't meant to last as long as some 4 cylinder naturally aspirated economy car that everyone can afford. My 335is had a price tag of $62k new, and I know that it is a luxury sports coupe. I am ready and willing to keep it in pristine condition, but I know that if something goes wrong, I am going to have to pay the premium.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust

Last edited by SaMaster14; 02-09-2013 at 01:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 02:06 AM   #214
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post

+1 sadly NONE of my friends understand this (around 18 years old) they go out buying expensive cars and don't keep maintenance in mind. Especially BMWs and Mercedes since they depreciate the fastest, kids go out and get these cars without keeping maintenance in mind and start bitching and moaning about how tight money is for them now and can't afford it...well that's your own fault. That's the only thing stopping me from getting a 335. N52's are reliable enough knock on wood. But 335's are a whole other level especially the 07 model when they were first made. /rant.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #215
yarviinn
Captain
Rep
Drives: E9TT3

Quote:
No, that is the corvette sir.
I had a red c6 vert before but then I realized it wasn't for me for a few reasons.

1. I look too young for one. People would say it's your dad's car
2. Only 2 seater... I can't pick up more than one female at a time.

Sure it's fast, but it handles like shit. It can't hang with a BMW on the twisties.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #216
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Don't know what your talking about C6 Corvettes handle really well.
If you actually cared about handling you wouldn't be looking at converts, even a vert 911 996 handles terribly.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #217
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireline43 View Post
Another 335i ruins BMW for a person. Its like every time a bell rings
More like people don't know what they're signing up for with the N54. I knew I could have potential bills like that (or higher with turbo issues), and the benefits the block could provide far outweighed its possible issues (for me anyway).
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #218
See5
BMW Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarviinn View Post

Sure it's fast, but it handles like shit. It can't hang with a BMW on the twisties.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHABXNDSHWJNAHXKSNSHSNXH

Unbelievable.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #219
BLKSAPPE92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G80 Sao Paulo Yellow

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Its at the BMW dealer right now until friday im getting the rear brakes replacement, along with switching out the turbos for new ones.

On monday im taking it to the dealer i bought it at which is the Mclaren/Fisker dealer, they already know im going and they said theyll see what they can do but, again this is a $2000 dollar repair that i doubt they will fix, but on the other hand if they dont make it right, there will be a lot of complaining and bad yelp reviews.
I could be wrong but I don't think Mclaren/Fisker would be selling a 2007 335i with 75,000 miles. Unless it was a 1 Owner car and they knew the owner. If they took it in on trade they would have immediately wholesale on a lot that had no association with the Mclaren/Fisker name or it would have been sent straight to auction which I think that's what would have been done. They sure as heck don't go out of their way to buy a car like that at auction.

Now if they did go out of way to sell a high mileage car or buy it from auction to sell it I'm sure they would have honored something within the 30 days probably up to 90 days even if you declined to buy a aftermarket warranty being its Mclaren/Fisker.

Now the only way your brakes would be covered after the 50,000 miles is if BMW's extended maintenance was purchased on the car before I believe 5yr 60k for $2,100 dollars because brakes are not covered on CPO.

Now if your car is CPO'd and the BMW dealer is worth a crap or if you know someone which you say you do they should have no problem having them covered under the CPO warranty BMW dealers do it all the time.

Last I hope Mclaren/Fisker was reputable enough to hand you a carfax/autocheck my BMW dealer did and they don't sell 100,000plus dollar cars all day long...one of these should be in your papers also the dealers good faith warranty.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #220
bimmerlvr77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 & 2008 X5

Quote:
I wanted a 335i and so glad I just got a 328i.. Only thing I have to worry about is that idrive fucking up
Yep. Wouldn't trade my slow, piece of crap, average, 328i for anything
Appreciate 0