E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > brake,abs,dtc lights on after suspension install, got realigned , codes still present

11-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
arkadyzv
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: hellrot m4

brake,abs,dtc lights on after suspension install, got realigned , codes still present

Backstory:

I got bmw performance struts and h&r sport springs. Installed the backs 2 weeks ago, got really busy and had no time to finish the fronts. Had a friend do the fronts at the shop on Tuesday. He drove my car back to me, I drove it to the other office, on the way home, I get the brake light, the abs , the dtc and also tmps light. Now I dont have tmps sensors in my current wheels but I didnt have them on my 19s too and I never got an error. I called the friend to see if he had any issues with the install, he said everything went smooth but before he started one of the sensors on the right side was hanging out of the box it sits in.

When I got home, I jacked it up and saw that the sensor was hanging loose again, I put it back in the box that it sits and its been fine, I checked the wire and all seems fine.

I searched here and saw that a few people had issues like mine after a suspension install and it was caused by a bad alignment , so I had my alignment done today, I also tried resetting the steering wheel sensor before and then after the alignment with my BT cable with no avail.

So with the alignment out of the way I'm back at square one. I'm thinking its the wheel speed sensor but I want to make sure before I buy one because I inspected the current one and it looks fine, plus the car made 2 15 min trips after the install was done before the errors came on.

Is there anyway to tell if the wheel speed sensor is bad other than physically checking it for issues?

I also read the steering sensors in the early build date models might go bad, it seems weird that the car is freaking out now where I had coilovers on it before and it was much lower and the alignment was even more off and I never had any issues.

I also read that there is a ride height sensor on the right front of the car, I want to make sure nothing got ripped out by accident, comparing both sides of the vehicle, the drivers side has 1 brake line and 2 wires running from the hub, etc to the plastic box. The passenger side ONLY has 1 brake line and 1 wire? Is that correct , is there another sensor that goes there too, if so what is it lol because mine is missing?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 03:38 AM   #2
ay7389
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

I've never had any issues like that and I'm sorry I can't help.

I've been thinking about pairing the BMW performance dampers with h
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
orangedawg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

IIRC there is only one ride height sensor on front and one on rear. It's to adjust adaptive headlights.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
arkadyzv
Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah, I'm almost positive its the wheel speed sensor as sometimes while driving and coming to a stop the errors will go away and will reappear right after the car begins moving again.

Are there any know symptoms of a bad wheel sensor?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
brocklanders
Major
Rep
Drives: the uno, mineral white

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
i believe its a wheel speed sensor, i got run off the road and hit a curb at 25mph and those are the symptoms i had. i had to replace the wheel speed sensor among other things.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 11:57 PM   #6
GMWNashville
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 G05, 16 F80, 10 E70x5D

what code does the car have since you scanned it...
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #7
lamia2super
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
let me know if you fix it because i have the same problem and i have changed the wheel speed sensor and it didnt solve my problem and i quickly had the dealer scan it and they said it showing that all the sensor are bad, which makes no sense to me.....i didnt leave the car their long enough for them to figure it out.

also what happens to me is that when i go approve 60 mph i get all those lights but when i stay under 60 mph the light usually dont show up
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
arkadyzv
Lieutenant
Rep

Will do, ordering a sensor tomorrow. Mine are constant, the only time they go away at all is if I come to a stop.

lamia2super,

Have you tried recalibrating your steering sensor?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 05:01 PM   #9
lamia2super
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkadyzv View Post
Will do, ordering a sensor tomorrow. Mine are constant, the only time they go away at all is if I come to a stop.

lamia2super,

Have you tried recalibrating your steering sensor?
no i havent
Appreciate 0