E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > I don't recommend buying anything from RockAuto.com

09-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #23
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

I purchased my entire suspension/brakes/ chassis parts from Rock auto for 93 talon..they screwed up w the brake lines which were wrong size..I would NOT consider buying any parts from them for any late model vehicles..especially a BMW.

Their catalogs are not the most up to date or accurate..but their prices r good especially when you order items in bulk otherwise they kill you on shipping..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #24
dfv2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 CTS-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likwid View Post
I saw RWD on the listing, but since there's no such thing as a RWD x-drive car, I assumed it was a misprint. Little did I know that the misprint was the fact that it was listed under the 335xi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likwid View Post
And they did not refund the $18.00 I paid for shipping, even though it was their fault, even though they told me they would.
Just for the sake of discussion, I'd say the "fault" was spread amongst both parties. The listing was "erroneous" by admission, but you pulled the trigger based on an assumption. If you took the listing literally you would not have ordered the part at all - they are clearly for a different (though fictitious) model. That's just the way the account of events reads from my end.

I'll still continue to do business with rockauto. If I ever go to order a front shock for my 135i and its listed for AWD vehicles only, I'll probably call first.
      09-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #25
Likwid
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 M5

Well, I think that by removing the parts from the 335xi section as soon as I spoke to them, they were admitting fault. I just got off the phone with them, and finally got someone who agreed that I should not have to pay to weed out the wrong parts on their website. She is refunding the shipping. I won't be out anything but my time and the box that I had to find to ship the old parts back, since they didn't provide one. I feel better about the situation now.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #26
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

at least you know they are making an effort to correct their mistake, both with the listing and refunding your shipping. That doesn't sound too bad actually.

I'll continue to use them, but its a good idea for people to check with RealOEM.com before ordering anything for your BMW online, just to be sure the parts match up.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #27
Likwid
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
at least you know they are making an effort to correct their mistake, both with the listing and refunding your shipping. That doesn't sound too bad actually.

I'll continue to use them, but its a good idea for people to check with RealOEM.com before ordering anything for your BMW online, just to be sure the parts match up.
Nope, and it only took five phone calls!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #28
monkey_wrench
Caught the Bimmer-Bug
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv135i View Post
ditto
Yeah, same here. The stuff for my Tahoe has always been good and at excellent prices.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #29
Likwid
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
Yeah, same here. The stuff for my Tahoe has always been good and at excellent prices.
That was why I ordered from them. The prices were great. The parts seemed like they would have been fine, if they had fit. My complaint was with the fact that I felt like I was getting the runaround. Their site clearly states that they will refund shipping costs if the non-fitting part was due to their mistake. in my mind, listing a part as fitting a car when it doesn't would be their mistake. It just took talking to five people to get someone who agrred with me that it was their mistake.

As far as ordering from them, I would say that as long as you are sure of the part and don't need to return it, then they should be fine. I just hope that you don't have to deal with their customer service.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #30
benzo23
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport

I ordered all new front and rear rotors, pads, and spark plugs from rockauto maybe a month ago...everything was as i wanted and got delivered in maybe 3 days. Not one issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #31
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Refunds sometimes take a while to process, doesn't necessarily mean they didn't issue you the refund. It can sometimes take like a week between the time we issue a refund and the customer sees it on their end.
Appreciate 0