E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Calling for Help: Tow Trucks in the Baltimore (inner harbor area)

09-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
i M HOONIGAN
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

Calling for Help: Tow Trucks in the Baltimore (inner harbor area)

Hey guys, ran into a predicament last night... So, on my way to go grocery shopping, my thermometer light went on. Within a few minutes of driving, the orange thermometer light turned RED, and i immediately pulled over to the local walmart (on baltimore national pike). Got a couple of gallons of dexcool coolant, and put maybe a 1/2 gal in there... Overfilled by accident and turned the car on, and within a 1/4 mile of driving, the thermomter warning came on again. There might be a leak, but I have a much better feeling that it's the water pump. Once the car overheated for the 2nd time, i knew there was too much coolant in there, so i let some out (while it was warm), and put in the appropriate level. Tried the car again, and within a 1/4 mile, same overheating issue. I'm almost certain that it's the water pump.

In any case, long story short, I'm in the Fells Point/Harbor East area, and I need to get the car towed to my mechanic in Silver Springs. Can anyone recommend any cost-effective and good tow trucks around the Baltimore City area? I called one place, and they're looking for $160-ish -- which I think is reasonable. But, before I pull the trigger, I'd like to go with a company that someone has some experience with.

many thanks in advance!
E70 X5M (current)
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #2
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

i assume you don't have AAA? Their premier membership was like $99 which for 1 tow would be worth it, although there is a mileage limit.

did you check with your insurance company? you can usually add towing to your policy for a few bucks, just make sure you know how much mileage it covers

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0