E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Auto trans options

05-03-2018, 12:25 AM   #1
fordbaxter
N54 Whisperer
United_States
Rep
Drives: RB Turbo E92 335i

Auto trans options

About 1,000 miles ago I swapped my stock turbos for RB Next Gens along with adding an xHP Stage 3 flash. After getting the car dyno tuned to 500whp I've decided to beef up the transmission when I decide to go PI and add more power. I'm wondering what my options are for transmission changes that will help me?

Some background on the car, the car is an 08 AT with xHP stage 3 flash. Car has 57k miles and about 5k miles on a trans fluid/filter change. I did the fluid/filter myself and the mech sleeve.

UPDATE: After dealing with this for two years I believe the best solution for anyone in this position is to consider a car swap or manual swap. The AT is a fantastic box for up to 500-525whp but if you're wanting a 600whp car you will be forced to spend serious cash on upgrades. I did some of the normal 6HP hardening steps like upgrading components and fluid, changing tunes, etc but it's not going to get you more than 550whp reliably.

Last edited by fordbaxter; 02-07-2020 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: problem resolved
Appreciate 0