E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Anyone ever used Neo Automotive for detailing services in Durham, NC?

07-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
duky
The Tanzanian
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3, Audi RS6, Mini Cooper

Garage List
Anyone ever used Neo Automotive for detailing services in Durham, NC?

Looking to get some type of review on this place before I potentially take my car in this Saturday. A friend gave me a groupon which lowers the price of a detail there significantly so am considering just having them take a stab at the whole process vs. buying some clay and buffer and spending a whole day doing the job myself. Any reviews on this place would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
AfroSamurai2689
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Never heard of it to be honest. There's detailing and then there's "detailing."

What are you looking to have done to your vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
duky
The Tanzanian
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3, Audi RS6, Mini Cooper

Garage List
Yeah exactly. So I'm looking for someone to do a good job using a clay bar and orbital buffer to do some paint correction (have a fair amount of swirl marks that I'd like to be dealt with) with sealant as well. I would love to do this myself but I'm just not sure I have the patience to actually go through with the whole 4-5+ hour job by myself.

I worry with these "detailing" guys (especially the ones on groupon) because I think they just do surface work that ends up being a glorified car wash and doesn't actually do much else. Basically I want some solid work done to the car to get rid of as many of the swirl marks as possible. These guys don't seem like they would be as detail-oriented as I'm looking for.

I just got off the phone with Mike at 1stopdetail who seems to be just an individual guy who does detailing jobs and he seemed pretty knowledgeable so I'm thinking of just canceling my appointment with Neo Automotive and going with him. I'm also thinking of giving Hugo at Going Green Detailing a call and see what his deal is.

Got any suggestions for the area?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
AfroSamurai2689
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

No suggestions that I know of.

Reason i'm asking questions is because I do detailing as well. I'm an individual guy, I do it because it's something I enjoy doing. I love bringing vehicles back to showroom condition.

If you're looking for a full paint correction and want 90-95% of the swirls out, without even looking at the car I would say it'll take 6+ hrs. That includes wash, decon, and paint correction. Even more if there are deep rids and you would like the interior cleaned up as well. I cleaned up my personal Monaco Blue 335i sedan and it came out great.

Let me know (PM) if you are interested and I would be more than happy to chat. I have no personal experience with the businesses mentioned, but I am sure they are more than capable for the job.

Cheers
Appreciate 0