E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Particulate Filter & Glow Plugs

03-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
bh021
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d Msport

Particulate Filter & Glow Plugs

Driving home last night and got a message saying the Particulate filter was faulty, power may be reduced and to see the dealer, took it to Syntner today who said they would do it under warranty, but when i went to pick the car up they said it had faults stored on 2 glow plugs on 2 cylinders.

No worries about the warranty, but once sorted out, should i expect to see an improvement in performance or / and Economy ?

Also - is the particulate filter a DPF ? I assume it is, and thats probably a really stupid question !!!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Glow plugs help to start your car, and on some modern cars, they are kept on for some time to improve fuel efficiency.

About DPF, it has been discussed here multiple times. Use your gennie lamp (Search).