E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > R1 Concept rotors warped and they want a report...

07-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
MacR6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

R1 Concept rotors warped and they want a report...

Bought some R1 rotors from R1 Concepts back in February. They are warped right now and I called them to find out what they would do. They told me that I need to get a brake inspection done and have the report faxed to them.

Where is a good place to get this done for free?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

are they going to make you return the rotor for "analysis"? why not just send it to them in the first place? if that's the case, they may be giving you the runaround.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Just machine them and stick em back on the car.
      07-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
GaryS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT

Garage List
2009 135i  [6.50]
Warped rotor is usually just pad deposits. You can clean them off by driving the car for a day or two with race pads, which are abrasive at street temperatures. If you know someone who tracks a 335i, maybe you can borrow some.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
MacR6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I can't send them in because I need to drive my car.

Also, I don't want to machine them because it cost money to do that and I've only had them for 4 months. Plus, they are slotted.

I just wanted to know if there was a place I could go that would do it for free.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 02:20 AM   #6
crashoverride
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: na

Warped rotors can be from hot disk going through a mud puddle. Using an air racket instead of a torque wrench or 101 other reasons etc....

Not knowing where on the planet your located makes suggesting a place hard. If they want a report then they should be able to recommend who to take your car too....after all most of us just do the brake replacement on our own plus it's not like their is a machine thats spits out a paper or even a piece of paper that's standardized for a report.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 07:25 AM   #7
MacR6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashoverride View Post
Warped rotors can be from hot disk going through a mud puddle. Using an air racket instead of a torque wrench or 101 other reasons etc....

Not knowing where on the planet your located makes suggesting a place hard. If they want a report then they should be able to recommend who to take your car too....after all most of us just do the brake replacement on our own plus it's not like their is a machine thats spits out a paper or even a piece of paper that's standardized for a report.
Ya sorry, forgot I was posting this in the Brakes section. Used to posting in my local forums. I'm in northern VA.

I installed them myself. They just started showing signs of being warped, vibration when brakingn in the steering wheel and the vibration in the pedal, about a month ago. I bedded them in the same way I've bedded in all my other cars and motorcycles.

I guess they want a "shop" to write down how warped they are and then have that faxed over to them. Just wanted to know if anyone had done that and could recommend a place, like a national chain or something, that would do that for free.
Appreciate 0