E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Buy any new BMW and get a free day at Performance Driving Center! Have you got this r

07-11-2012, 01:46 AM   #1
motosan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 ZCP M3

Buy any new BMW and get a free day at Performance Driving Center! Have you got this r

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Guys and Girls:
As the subject says, I received a marketing promotion mail with M3 poster / photos both on the front and back. It says that you get a free day at BMW Performance Driving Center when buying any new BMW vehicle.

The reason I asked is because I just got a X3 for my wife last weekend. When I mentioned this to the dealership, they didn't know anything about it (which I am not surprised). Then I called BMWNA and they didn't know anything and wanted me to check with BMWFS, who also didn't have the clue. After several attempts of calling BMWNA and BMWFS and trying out different Customer Service Rep, finally someone gave me the number to BMW Performance Driving Center. When I called the center, the lady also didn't know what I was talking about. Finally she put me on hold and asked around and said I need to send in my Leasing Document, Newly purchased vehicle registration, and a copy of that promotion mail to this email address bmwperformancecenter@salessupport.com.

Has anyone here purchased a new BMW and tried to get the free driving school pass? I just can't believe that BMW cannot keep track of their own marketing promotion, and they even need me to show them the proof of the mail....

I'm sure the Free day is worth all these hassles. But honestly, having spent so much money, although I'm extremely happy with the cars, BMW's subpar amateur customer service (not just from this incident of course) left a bad taste and put the brand equity and it's engineering to shame....
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 07:17 AM   #2
Time
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
IIRC this was for the e60 M5 and the e63/e64 M6.

Last edited by Time; 07-11-2012 at 07:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
i think the promotion you are talking about doesn't exist on the E9x M3 anymore. But I could be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
highyo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, X5

why not just do pcd delivery you get the hotel, meals, plant tour and hald day driver school in the car you bought for free?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #5
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Dude, I think they're referring to Performance Center Delivery. Where you have to take delivery of the car in SC and drive/transport it home after the delivery/event.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
motosan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 ZCP M3

All:
I have received the latest update from BMW Performance Driving Center. And indeed I am not registered, and the only thing I need to do is to book a class (not sure how long this will be valid until).

And as I mentioned earlier, this was a marketing promotion mail I received from BMW, that buying ANY new BMW vehicle makes me eligible for the One Day Class (Not the M Class though). Unlike the earlier promotion, this one does not require you to purchase a M vehicle.

Well, right now BMW Performance Driving Center so far has the best and most direct customer service. BMW PDC > BMWNA > BMWFS > BMW Dealership =)
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
emglie
Rep
Drives: hehe

It's understandable that they don't know about all the promotions, it's a huge company, and at least you got it finally. Hope you'll enjoy your day!