E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > Dual Cone Intake (DCI) For Sale

01-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
Butters
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Dual Cone Intake (DCI) For Sale

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I am selling an intake that I made for my 335i. It was used for about 2-3 months. I decided to spend additional time and money making a custom setup because I wanted the option to pick my air filters and make sure the fitment was perfect. Selling because no longer like the increased sound of the turbos spooling up. Sorry I don't have any pictures installed, but it looks the same as any other DCI. Although, I personally think the gray filters make them look a bit more subtle and OEM looking plus they don't show dirt as much as colored filters.

The "kit" includes AEM dryflow filters which flow very well, provide excellent filtration and do not require oiling. More info can be found here: http://www.aemintakes.com/dryflow_air_filters.htm

Air filter manufacturer specs are below:

Part Number: AEM21-203D

* Filter Type: Dry
* Washable: Yes
* Filter Material: Synthetic Fiber
* Replacement Type: Aftermarket Replacement
* Filter Dimensions: 6 in. Round x 5.125 in. round x 5.063 in. Tall
* Filter Inlet Size: 3 in.

The rear filter is a bit smooshed from installation (the rear filter on DCI's typically fit a bit snug between the intake manifold and electrical cables). The dent is purely cosmetic and not noticeable when installed.

Also included are two 2.25" ID to 2.5" OD aluminized steel pipes. These pipes are strong, will not crush and are aluminized to prevent rusting. The 2.25" Inlet Diameter means that the Overall Diameter is slightly larger than 2.25" making them fit nice and snug in the plastic inlets. This is important as some other kits use slightly smaller diameter tubing which causes the plastic inlets to be slightly crushed when they are clamped down which can cause a poor seal and make it more difficult to reinstall the factory airbox because the inlets shrink over time to the smaller piping. Each pipe was also measured and cut to length for proper fitment (longer tube for front filter, shorter for rear).

Since the piping only increases to 2.5"OD and the filters are 3"ID (As are most aftermarket cone filters). The kit includes 2.5" to 3" silicone adapters. This means that this kit can fit either 2.5" or 3" ID cone filters when it comes time for replacement.

The air filters have a built-in ledge for the silicone adapters to seat themselves.

Ledge:

With adapters fully seated:

Silicone adapters go on the piping as shown:

Piping with silicone adapters go into filters and seat against ledge inside filters eliminating need for measuring how far to insert piping into filter.

All assembled and ready to be installed. (Clamps also included)

Stickers included too.

First $100 takes them. Shipping to lower 48 included.

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
Butters
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

still fs. Price lowered. 80 shipped
Appreciate 0