E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Giving detailing a shot ..

06-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
TXTT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Giving detailing a shot ..

First off i have a Space grey coupe. I have not had it detailed in about 1 and 1/2 years. I keep the car clean at all times and wax it once in a while, enough to keep it looking sharp. I have noticed fine scratches im guessing do to the MF towels i used to dry it ( i Always hand Wash).

A PC 7336 fell into my lap and i wanted to give my baby a full detail.
I have read the Sticky's aswell as other sources but i still have a few questions .==

The 7336 came with a simple backing plate, is there a difference between them? other than size ?

The 7336 also has various speed settings. What speed is used for which steps ?

My car has very fine scratches almost not noticeable but as a owner i can tell . Which pads do i need to complete the job.
My fear is to use aggressive polish and doing more damage than good to my vehicle.
that brings me to my next question..
Which products do you guys suggest ?
I am not entering my car in any sort of show, i am not looking for products aged and blessed by god himself . I am looking for decent products that give great mirror clean results.

Any advice would really help.. but i know there is always the asshole who is gonna post to use the search button.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
manu328
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi

Poor boys...
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
zanth119
Buy the ticket, take the ride!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 330cic, 2012 328ix Wagon

Garage List
Do searches in this forum for Full Detail, Detailed, and/or Correction to see write-ups containing sampling of products used.

Lake Country is a respected pad source, polishing should be done in a least to most aggressive progression until correction completed

Speed using PC 7247 XP is generally

5-6 using aggressive polish with first Orange, Yellow if needed
3-4 using finishing polish with White

http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/buff...d-chart-lc.htm

However, check with individual products for specific speeds/pads

As for products, M105 and M205 worked for me on Deep Sea Blue, I have a Titanium Silver E46 I plan to detail soon with this combo, will post write-up with results. Search around the forum for your color in the meantime.

Hope this helps, also Greg from DI's Ask a Pro thread is a great place to get even more help, they are a great company.