E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E90 Halogen -> Euro bi xenon retrofit went wrong, headlights don't work, please help!

07-23-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
StabPreflop
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M5 Comp

E90 Halogen -> Euro bi xenon retrofit went wrong, headlights don't work, please help!

I'm in over my head here and really hope someone here can help me.

I have an Oct 07 pre-LCI E90 328xi that came with crappy halogen lights, and this OEM Euro bi xenon retrofit kit, http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E90-328...ES6055/ES9941/ , been sitting on it for a while, finally had a local body shop install them for me and did the coding to add $522 to VO. However the xenon bulbs will not come on no matter what.

The blinkers, angel eyes, parking lights and halogen flashers all work fine. I drove out to New Jersey to have the top coding guy on this board look at it, and took it back to the body shop for a double check and nothing seems wrong, the xenon bulbs just make no signs of life at all. I'm even doubly screwed because one of the old halogen lights is damaged, so can't just swap em back in...

Anyone have any idea what else might be wrong here? Do I need a new footwell module?! Multiple posts say no, but some say yes... must this be it, or could it be something else?

Or maybe the body shop got the wiring wrong because they're Euro lights or something? Anyone know someone good at this stuff in the New York metro area? (I'm in Westchester)

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 10:25 PM   #2
Dcuevas
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 and e92 M3

I have same problem but mine was the halo was shorting out i went to local radio shop
To check the wiring pin by pin and cut the wire that shorting out now works fine...
Have someone check pin by pin harness connector and headlight wiring
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 05:38 AM   #3
kisho
Quiet till poked
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabPreflop View Post
I'm in over my head here and really hope someone here can help me.

I have an Oct 07 pre-LCI E90 328xi that came with crappy halogen lights, and this OEM Euro bi xenon retrofit kit, http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E90-328...ES6055/ES9941/ , been sitting on it for a while, finally had a local body shop install them for me and did the coding to add $522 to VO. However the xenon bulbs will not come on no matter what.

The blinkers, angel eyes, parking lights and halogen flashers all work fine. I drove out to New Jersey to have the top coding guy on this board look at it, and took it back to the body shop for a double check and nothing seems wrong, the xenon bulbs just make no signs of life at all. I'm even doubly screwed because one of the old halogen lights is damaged, so can't just swap em back in...

Anyone have any idea what else might be wrong here? Do I need a new footwell module?! Multiple posts say no, but some say yes... must this be it, or could it be something else?

Or maybe the body shop got the wiring wrong because they're Euro lights or something? Anyone know someone good at this stuff in the New York metro area? (I'm in Westchester)

Thank you!
Just clicked on the ecs link, the description itself says you need to also purchase the following separately:

Light control 61316932798 (Models without rain sensor)
Light control 61316932796 (Models with rain sensor)
Footwell module 61359128184
Appreciate 0